PDA

View Full Version : Dryleasefor HL

MaxBlow
23rd Jul 2002, 13:35
Heard that HL is dryleasing an A300B4 (PHGIR) from Farnair for 6 month. This thing is parked in Bordeaux for quite some time now and gee, somebody better put all the missing parts back on before itīll ever fly again.
Does HL still have crews to fly it ?

The Sandman
24th Jul 2002, 22:55
Not freekin likely...

FREIGHTMEISTER
25th Jul 2002, 00:12
Try PH-CLA!!;)

Xyster
25th Jul 2002, 15:39
Believe they have had to wet lease the aircraft as HL don't have the people to crew their current fleet, especially as most of their aircrew (fes at any rate) are seeking employment in more secure (careerwise) companies.

MaxBlow
25th Jul 2002, 20:20
donīt think they can wetlease it. They recently fired 3 sets of crews and rumours has it that the whole FRN A300 ops (incl. AOC) has been sold to an yet unknown cargo operator.
Does anybody have more on this ?

justforfun
10th Aug 2002, 00:34
Try MNG.... virtually no info coming from FRN on the subject, but no great surprise that the Swiss have been trying to get rid of the A300 operation since middle of 2001... a shame really, if the head office and sales had been a bit more switched on, the A300 operaton could've been great in general cargo.... apparently the "future is in the integrators" - who are buying a/c left,right and centre I may add!.. wisdom indeed.... :mad:

DC10 Crew
15th Aug 2002, 10:11
The collapse of the FRN RTM A300 operation may be down to the new flight operations manager they recruited in August 2001.

There were some good dedicated people who worked for the operation but as I know to my cost they did not give a jot about the staff or the commitment they gave.

MaxBlow
15th Aug 2002, 13:20
...hmmm

no new FOM in 2001. The current one started 2002. This is #4 in 4 years (think they where all good except that Dutch one).
3 CEOs in that period. What does that tell you ?

And no way that MNG will take over. They only take that one ship that HL supposed to lease. All rumours !

:p

justforfun
17th Aug 2002, 14:00
DC10 Crew - you're getting the FOM confused with the previous AFOM... Regardless you've been out of the loop with FRN too long to know exactly whats been happening over the past year or so.

MaxBlow - you're right, too many rumours surrounding FRN and too little info coming from above/BSL with regards to the future of the company and those who still work for them, which anyone may agree, is not exactly a great environment to work in...

Like I said before, its a shame, as it could be a great operation with a little change of emphasis to general cargo instead of chasing the integrators all the time... time will tell, but I hope it all works out for the guys that are still there.