PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a B737 or BBJ situation

bbrunton
12th Apr 2018, 16:29
I have a rather unusual request.

I recently received my FAA B-737 type rating on my ATP. I do not have an SOE, so I am fully qualified right from the start. ( yea right).

I have an opportunity to work with an FAR 142 school in their 737 program. However, in order to do the things I wish to do there, the FAA says I need one or more flights in the real airplane. One flight would do it, but the more the better for me. Once I get that one flight, then more doors will open for me elsewhere too with the FAA. I can't go into the particulars, but it would all be very good for me.

In order to move things along, I am looking for an opportunity where I can do a little 737 or BBJ flying. It does not really matter where, but I am located in the Midwest USA and I have quite a bit of international experience.

I have heard of some 30 day rotational jobs overseas, and I would not be opposed to doing some of that.

So, does anyone have a maintenance flight, ferry, temporary fill in position, or whatever?

Thank you.

Bill

Geosync
12th Apr 2018, 16:34
Long shot but Kaiser Air in OAK operates a few.

Silver Air out of VNY just added one to their fleet.

Both are in California.

flyboyike
12th Apr 2018, 21:16
Just to clarify, you're lo looking for someone who will let you fly THEIR 737 just a little bit in furtherance of YOUR career goals?

Klimax
13th Apr 2018, 14:01
Just to clarify, you're lo looking for someone who will let you fly THEIR 737 just a little bit in furtherance of YOUR career goals?

Is it not allowed too seek an opportunity anymore? Maybe there would be somebody out there with the resource and willingness to help others and not only think about themselves.

josephfeatherweight
13th Apr 2018, 23:35
I agree with Klimax - in days gone by, this would be an opportunity to help someone out and learn something in the process. Different world now, it seems...

flyboyike
14th Apr 2018, 11:11
Is it not allowed too seek an opportunity anymore? Maybe there would be somebody out there with the resource and willingness to help others and not only think about themselves.

Not for nothing, but it sounds like you're the one only thinking about yourself.

flyboyike
14th Apr 2018, 14:08
I agree with Klimax - in days gone by, this would be an opportunity to help someone out and learn something in the process.

Can you give any examples?

Klimax
15th Apr 2018, 06:54
Not for nothing, but it sounds like you're the only thinking about yourself.

You sound like a great colleague. Good luck in life.