PDA

View Full Version : Buccaneer 60th Anniversary

crobinsonh
10th Apr 2018, 18:45
We have a new website for the Buccaneer Aviation Group and a forthcoming event at the end of April celebrating the 60th anniversary of the flight of the first prototype. We will have 4 Buccaneers present of which 3 are in full running order and will be performing thunder runs at the event.

thebuccaneeraviationgroup.com

Tickets must be bought in advance. There will be press and many FAA and RAF veteran air and ground crew visiting as well.

The timings are as follows:

11am gates open
12am event starts
1400 crews walk
1415 jets depart
1440 jets return
1700 event ends
1800 gates closed

Tickets can be bought via Mike Overs - email address. Please let me know if you need any more help.

[email protected]

4Greens
11th Apr 2018, 18:44
Where is this event ?

jindabyne
11th Apr 2018, 19:02
Stornoway ----

Green Flash
11th Apr 2018, 19:16
Brough? HOSM? :)

effortless
11th Apr 2018, 19:21
Thumrait perhaps.

Compass Call
11th Apr 2018, 20:09
Place - Bruntingthorpe ?
Date - ?
Cost - ?

Lyneham Lad
11th Apr 2018, 20:12
Place - Bruntingthorpe ?
Date - ?
Cost - ?

If the OP had posted a link (http://thebuccaneeraviationgroup.com/events.html) from their website... :cool:

spectre150
12th Apr 2018, 06:20
"Buccaneer Cockpit's" :}

(fully paid up member of the Apostrophe Police)

Duchess_Driver
12th Apr 2018, 08:09
AAMOI...

What happened to the HHA jet ‘885. Is that airworthy? Likewise where are the Thunder City Aircraft now?

son of brommers
12th Apr 2018, 08:24
Likewise where are the Thunder City Aircraft now?

Well over a year ago i'd heard that the Buccs were still being flown but only in a private capacity, no paying pax. Your query prompted me to search further and found that Mike Beachy Head passed away in May last year and can't find any further news past that date.
Other than an American taking them, I sadly can't see much future for them other than statics; no chance of them ever making it back to the UK, in any form.

GeeRam
12th Apr 2018, 08:25
AAMOI...

What happened to the HHA jet ‘885. Is that airworthy? Likewise where are the Thunder City Aircraft now?

I believe HHA keep their jet in a functional state that should a suitable Mil contract be forthcoming, it wouldn't take too much work to get it flyable.
Whether such a contract is ever likely to be forthcoming is another matter, likewise, for the ex-GAF F-4 that acquired some time ago.

As for the 2 x Thundercity jets, I have no idea what the situation is with them, I'm guessing with TC having folded after Mike's death, they and the 3 x Lightnings and Hunter were up for disposal by whoever it was responsible for dissolving the business??
There was a 3rd Bucc out in SA that was looked after by Thundercity, but not owned by them, it was owned by Ian Pringle, but again, with TC gone, I have no idea if Ian has tried to keep it airworthy using any ex-SAAF Bucc personnel or if that also was put up for sale?