PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Airport Dubai (Telly Prog.)

Noah Zark.
7th Apr 2018, 11:43
Not sure if I have got the right forum for this, but here goes. I have been watching this programme, and enjoyed it, as an outsider looking into the aviation world.
But can anyone explain to me why on every Emirates aircraft that appears, the airline's web address is pixelated out, so that it cannot be read. In the series, a couple have fleetingly got through the net and were legible, but I cannot understand why it is done.
Any ideas, chaps and chapesses?

sitigeltfel
7th Apr 2018, 12:35
Many programmes made for international distribution have restrictions on advertising depending on countries they are broadcast in. Here in France we often see logos on t-shirts pixelated out when it is blatantly obvious as to what they are.

KelvinD
7th Apr 2018, 12:59
I am watching it too and I can't help but notice the disconnects when it comes to aircraft.
They will feature a flight with problems, possibly a 777 and show clips of an A380 to illustrate it!

wiggy
7th Apr 2018, 13:02
Many programmes made for international distribution have restrictions on advertising depending on countries they are broadcast in. Here in France we often see logos on t-shirts pixelated out when it is blatantly obvious as to what they are....

:ugh: yup, utterly bleeding pointless, drives us up the wall...that and things like footage on TV interviews on the News being reversed so you supposedly canít work out the supermarket in the background or the brand of goods being looked at on the shelves (I think hereís always a food story on lunchtime news,isnít there?..)

Pontius Navigator
7th Apr 2018, 15:44
OTOH I complained when a reporter, wearing a brown rain coat, appeared with the maker's logo clearly in white on the left front. A garment label is not advertising said the Beeb Man.

B*ll*cks.

meadowrun
7th Apr 2018, 16:00
I'm noticing a more or less constant lowering in the production standards of documentaries.
And a rise in the number of Quasi-documentary style shows.
Reaching for that hanging low, common denominator.

Highway1
7th Apr 2018, 17:17
I was there when they filmed this and watching the end result I was amazed how much drama the producers could create out of an incident that, at the time, was a non event. :D

funfly
7th Apr 2018, 17:18
I think the North Face must get good returns from it's BBC sponsorship/

Pontius Navigator
7th Apr 2018, 20:01
She was wearing Super Dry.

UniFoxOs
8th Apr 2018, 09:08
I am stopping watching more and more documentaries these days, and deleting them from the PVR these days due to the incessant drivel, factual errors and ludicrous background music.

KelvinD
8th Apr 2018, 10:42
UniFoxOs: Spot on! Add to the incessant drivel the oft repeated lines:
"Failure is not an option"
"If we don't fix this soon, it will cost the (add any particular venture here) umpteen thousands of dollars per hour"
On the other hand, getting away from the so-called reality carp, I decided last night to watch again a classic: 2001 A Space Odyssey. A brilliant film, well ahead of its time (no fancy CGI stuff back then!)

Ascend Charlie
9th Apr 2018, 01:44
Reality Shows have little to do with reality, and are built on the concept of a 30-second grab to hold your attention until the end of the 4-minute ad break.

I now avoid anything that resembles a Reality Show, spend more time on the total fiction of Netflix and Yoochoob.

air pig
9th Apr 2018, 23:32
I think the North Face must get good returns from it's BBC sponsorship/

BBC cost cutting used to use Berghaus jackets.