PDA

View Full Version : 'Lost' news

radeng
5th Apr 2018, 16:24
I can't help wondering why there are items that hit the headlines and then the subsequent activities connected with them just disappear.

Example: The SPAD near Wootton Basset with the steam special. I can't find any follow up reports on the results of the prosecutions - the only one I found was a report of an adjournment. What happened?

Example: The Australian woman shot by the policeman in Minnesota who didn't have his camera running. There was going to be a decision by the District Attorney as to a prosecution. Never could find anything on that.

Or these all just 'nine day wonders'? At least the Brazilian electrician case did stay in the news until the legal cases finished, but why these other cases - and I am sure I can find more - disappeared is a bit beyond me...

Argonautical
5th Apr 2018, 16:33
The Australian woman shot by the policeman in Minnesota who didn't have his camera running. There was going to be a decision by the District Attorney as to a prosecution

According to the AAP, dated the 27th March, has this about the policeman :-

Noor was charged by prosecutors last week with third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter.

Pontius Navigator
5th Apr 2018, 17:59
Radeng, many years ago, marooned on a desert island in the Atlantic, I heard this question on a BBC World Service, AA guns had opened fire in Lagos and a child in a block of flats had been killed. It had been reported by Nigerian radio, then nothing, no follow up at all.

TEEEJ
5th Apr 2018, 19:49
I can't help wondering why there are items that hit the headlines and then the subsequent activities connected with them just disappear.

Example: The SPAD near Wootton Basset with the steam special. I can't find any follow up reports on the results of the prosecutions - the only one I found was a report of an adjournment. What happened?

https://www.railnews.co.uk/news/2016/06/28-jail-sentence-for-west-coast.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Wootton_Bassett_SPAD_incident

radeng
6th Apr 2018, 10:28
Thanks TEEEJ. I'm surprised that it didn't make mainstream news or even the Wilts and Gloucestershire Standard!

Argonautical, one can only say that it has taken them long enough! Again, bearing in mind the worldwide interest in the case, surprising it hasn't been a bit more widely reported.

Pontius, I suspect that at times, some stories are supressed....for whatever reasons.

India Four Two
6th Apr 2018, 16:10
Forty four seconds separating a SPAD incident from potentially the worst railway accident in UK history.

funfly
6th Apr 2018, 16:41
The report on the rail SPAD was very interesting.