PDA

View Full Version : Did someone miss this?

pzu
5th Apr 2018, 16:04
Thought there might have been a few comments on this 'happening'!!!

https://www.forces.net/news/liverpools-hilarious-reaction-raf-jets-noisy-emergency-landing

PZU - Out of Africa (Retired)

Tankertrashnav
5th Apr 2018, 16:47
Hope they checked all the wheels were still there before taking off after refuelling ;)

Noah Zark.
5th Apr 2018, 16:52
Why didn't they wazz into Warton? I'm sure they would have been pleased to see them return to the fold!

barry lloyd
5th Apr 2018, 18:47
Why didn't they wazz into Warton? I'm sure they would have been pleased to see them return to the fold!

Perhaps not at 2300 which is the time they arrived at Liverpool. Both aircraft were squawking 7700, so I don't imagine there was time to reach Warton anyway, even if it had been open.

Ogre
5th Apr 2018, 22:03
Perhaps not at 2300 which is the time they arrived at Liverpool. Both aircraft were squawking 7700, so I don't imagine there was time to reach Warton anyway, even if it had been open.

Nice to see that with all the systems in place for flight planning they still managed to run dry, makes you wonder what they were doing to use up the gas at that time of night...

Tankertrashnav
5th Apr 2018, 22:55
Maybe this

http://is1.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Music19/v4/ec/c1/d2/ecc1d255-5f8d-4e1b-151b-4963dce8bb98/source/1200x630bb.jpg

Wouldn't surprise me in the light of recent events

Krystal n chips
6th Apr 2018, 07:15
Hope they checked all the wheels were still there before taking off after refuelling ;)

TTN.....alas.

Wheels are now passť in Liverpool.

There is a much more lucrative source of revenue available. It's called the "Anti Litter Patrol " and is, as Arfur would say " a nice little earner" at £80 a time, possibly now £150 a time.

All that is required is a couple of black boiler suited " limited in cognitive development " individuals, with body cams, targeting late middle age visitors to the City and...kerching ! the cash roles in !

As seen live last week outside the "Adelphi " no less.

Although this wouldn't affect the two late night arrivals as they would be unlikely to be smoking when putting some more petrol in the tanks.

ShyTorque
6th Apr 2018, 08:16
Nice to see that with all the systems in place for flight planning they still managed to run dry, makes you wonder what they were doing to use up the gas at that time of night...

Obviously, if everyone was as good a pilot as yourself, no-one would ever need to divert.

ORAC
6th Apr 2018, 10:13
Liverpool Echo:

“The real reason two RAF fighter jets had to make a dramatic ‘emergency landing’ in Liverpool this morning has been revealed.

Liverpool Jonn Lennon Airport initially said the Typhoons had landed for “urgent fuelling”, after residents reported hearing a loud noise overhead - at around 1am this morning. In a tweet earlier this morning, the airport said: “RAF jets diverted in for urgent fuelling, they have just departed again.” Speculation suggested the jets, which had set off from RAF military airbase in Lossiemouth, Scotland, had to divert due to bad weather.

However the RAF has now confirmed that everything was under control and the Typhoons were conducting a “practice diversion landing”.

A spokesman for the Royal Air Force said: “We can confirm that two Typhoons conducted a practise diversion landing at Liverpool John Lennon Airport last night. The aircraft were on a routine night flying training sortie and recovered directly to RAF Lossiemouth after refuelling.”

uffington sb
6th Apr 2018, 11:53
A PD at 23:00 ?
Seems a bit odd, especially taking into account noise abatement etc.
In my days in the RAF, they were normally conducted in reasonable hours, and normally just an overshoot.

barry lloyd
6th Apr 2018, 12:40
A PD at 23:00 ?
Seems a bit odd, especially taking into account noise abatement etc.
In my days in the RAF, they were normally conducted in reasonable hours, and normally just an overshoot.

Would they use the emergency squawk if it was just a practice?

parabellum
7th Apr 2018, 00:58
Possibly been up looking at Bears? Kept quiet due to current poor relations with Russia? Just a guess.

chevvron
7th Apr 2018, 03:22
There are reports elsewhere they'd been out on QRA and were initially unable to recover to Lossie due weather; by the time they'd diverted and re-fuelled Lossie was OK.
Leeming must have been weathered out too otherwise they would have gone there.

Effluent Man
7th Apr 2018, 04:47
Given that was the night of the Liverpool thrashing of Manchester City in the Champions League I doubt too many scousers were in a state to notice.