PDA

View Full Version : Luton crash 1967?

Cornish Jack
5th Apr 2018, 10:54
One for the historical experts? this is reposted on behalf of a fellow member of a model engineering forum
"
I have just had a general look at the posts as I'm on the night shift and have nothing else better to do. As aircraft accidents appear on recent posts, I tried to find a accident on the internet that happened around 1967 at Christmas time, but cant find any record of it.
The crash site was Vauxhall motors Luton, a small jet took of from Luton airport, and Vauxhalls is at the end of the runway. I remember my father getting a phone call to come in as he was on maintenance, and was needed for cutting the structure of the building away from the aircraft. I remember him telling me that the pilot was badly burnt and looked like a lump of cork.
As I've said, reading this discussion I have tried to get some information on the internet about this accident, but nothing about it at all.
Bob
Does anyone here have anything relevant, please?

G-APDK
5th Apr 2018, 11:25
try here for a starter
https://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19671223-1
G-APDK

Cornish Jack
5th Apr 2018, 11:59
GAPDK - Thank you very much - looks to be spot on! Will pass that on to the enquirer.

UV
6th Apr 2018, 00:25
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luton_Airport

Scroll down to accidents.

spramscar
23rd Nov 2023, 08:11
Hi

My father also attended this accident - I have some images of the site after the crash - message back if you are still intested.

Regards

Scott

One for the historical experts? this is reposted on behalf of a fellow member of a model engineering forum
"
I have just had a general look at the posts as I'm on the night shift and have nothing else better to do. As aircraft accidents appear on recent posts, I tried to find a accident on the internet that happened around 1967 at Christmas time, but cant find any record of it.
The crash site was Vauxhall motors Luton, a small jet took of from Luton airport, and Vauxhalls is at the end of the runway. I remember my father getting a phone call to come in as he was on maintenance, and was needed for cutting the structure of the building away from the aircraft. I remember him telling me that the pilot was badly burnt and looked like a lump of cork.
As I've said, reading this discussion I have tried to get some information on the internet about this accident, but nothing about it at all.
Bob
Does anyone here have anything relevant, please?

Quemerford
23rd Nov 2023, 18:55
23rd December 1967. HS 125 G-AVGW operated by Autair International on behalf of its owner Beecham Group. It was a crew training detail. The two pilots were both killed.

Answered as such in Post #2.

OUAQUKGF Ops
23rd Nov 2023, 21:14
Thanks, I did notice that after I had posted and scrolled back. I'll delete my post.