PDA

View Full Version : Type Rating Without multi engine

xpressmusic
4th Apr 2018, 15:29
Maybe my question seems obvious, but can i do a jet type rating without having multi engine rating ( I'll do the type rating outside the us and Europe ) and if i can and then i went to the us or other icao country are they will accept my type rating and any hours on the jet in case i did some ?
FAA CPL/SE

rudestuff
5th Apr 2018, 00:04
It depends on where you go, your question is a bit vague. Under EASA you don't need a multi engine rating to get a type rating (because a 'multi' rating covers piston only ~ not take applicable to a turbine) However, it looks like you have an FAA certificate - so you'll have to follow their rules and get the type rating in the US. That'll mean getting a multi engine add-on. Visa, TSA etc...
If you hold a foreign type rating I believe the FAA will award a SIC type rating (as long as you hold AMEL), and EASA will issue a full type rating provided you have 500 hours on type, pass the LST and have a fATPL.

ZFT
5th Apr 2018, 01:35
It depends on where you go, your question is a bit vague. Under EASA you don't need a multi engine rating to get a type rating (because a 'multi' rating covers piston only ~ not take applicable to a turbine) However, it looks like you have an FAA certificate - so you'll have to follow their rules and get the type rating in the US. That'll mean getting a multi engine add-on. Visa, TSA etc...
If you hold a foreign type rating I believe the FAA will award a SIC type rating (as long as you hold AMEL), and EASA will issue a full type rating provided you have 500 hours on type, pass the LST and have a fATPL.

For EASA - Isn't this dependant upon type and what the OSD/OEB states?

flash8
6th Apr 2018, 21:22
Most training establishments (at least in my experience 737CL) stipulated an ICAO CPL/IR as minimum, no ME requirement I think.

Perhaps even just a PPL(A) in some places (not sure if it has been done though, SE/ASEL PPL/IR, yes of course... PPL.... think it has been done and in Europe as well, a Dutch TV program, presenter held just a PPL and was doing a 737NG TR and touch and go's on a JetAirfly 737-800 with fellow presenters filmed terrified in the back*).

*As shown on Dutch TV a few years back.