PDA

View Full Version : US Cessna 402 Job for Expats ?

bafanguy
3rd Apr 2018, 12:02
Saw this ad for C402 pilots...making some "interesting" comments. Any info on this ?:

"To address a pilot shortage in the U.S., OMS recently launched a program to recruit experienced foreign fixed wing pilots to work in the U.S., and in the process, be eligible to receive a green card for themselves and their family members."

https://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401481379/cessna-402-captain-usa/

The first C402 operator coming to mind is Cape Air but their pilot recruitment web pages say nothing about expats...just "valid passport":

https://www.capeairpilots.com/requirements

dan1165
9th Apr 2018, 15:44
Would also be interested ... Any update ? :rolleyes:

flyboyike
9th Apr 2018, 17:35
It's an FLL-area phone number. I find the idea of any of South Florida's glorious charter operators sponsoring people for a Green Card somewhat far-fetched...

Some of them balk at replacing alternators, so...

pilotchute
9th Apr 2018, 18:43
Whilst I don't think it's a "scam" they do want you pay them $38k over 2 years. The address is for the office of an immigration laywer/ambulance chaser.

bafanguy
10th Apr 2018, 15:05
I find the idea of any of South Florida's glorious charter operators sponsoring people for a Green Card somewhat far-fetched...

Yep, it does have an unusual ring to it. I'd be curious to know for whom they're recruiting expats.

ironbutt57
13th Apr 2018, 09:34
Yep, it does have an unusual ring to it. I'd be curious to know for whom they're recruiting expats.

they probably aren't....a scam to get suckers to fork over cash

Fuzuma
14th Apr 2018, 09:33

It’s a company called Overseas Manpower Solutions, claiming to get you a gig driving C402’s out of Barnstable for Cape Air Services. $3000 up front payment for their services and another $38400 over 4 years, and achieving a Green Card in the process.

Of course their website is plastered with “wonderful tales” of expats now living the American Dream and thanking OMS. Anybody heard of these guys or perhaps flown with a colleague who’s used them.

I’m always cautious/suspicious of any company requesting cash upfront in return for a green card......

bafanguy
14th Apr 2018, 10:27
I’m always cautious/suspicious of any company requesting cash upfront in return for a green card......

Fuz,

I guess I would be too. ~$40K is a lot of money. I can't even pretend to understand all this green card/visa stuff.

I'd like to hear what Cape Air has to say about this affiliation with OMS.

Fuzuma
14th Apr 2018, 18:31
Well if you gents and ladies happen to stumble upon any info, or anybody that may have dealt with OMS, I would greatly appreciate the feedback.....

bafanguy
14th Apr 2018, 20:19
Well if you gents and ladies happen to stumble upon any info, or anybody that may have dealt with OMS, I would greatly appreciate the feedback.....

I wonder if contacting Cape Air directly to ask if they're in fact hiring expats via OMS would work. Found this...not much info without having an account with this company:

http://www.myvisajobs.com/H1B-Visa/Search.aspx?Y=2017&CI=93034

I assume green cards aren't handed out in short order (even to those ultimately eligible ) so how are these C402 pilots hired in the meantime ?

filejw
14th Apr 2018, 21:37
Most people ( all non pilots) I know didn't pay anything close to 38000$ for a green card. This sounds like a ripoff or at minimum a pay to fly operation. Proceed with caution !!!!!!