PDA

View Full Version : Minimum training after PPL fail

Sam_MHN
2nd Apr 2018, 21:30
Hi folks!

Just to continue setting up our Ato and despite getting to grips with Easa docs some things get me...:ouch:

I was wondering if you can provide insight on minimum training after PPL(a) checkride fail...

As per our manuals like we have written them they say something like.

-In case of failing minimum training will be two (2) flight hours before resitting the exam.

-In case of partial pass, additional training, if appliable will be discussed among the ATO and the examiner.

What do you guys think, your opinion is very appreciated!!:ok:

Best Regards.

Genghis the Engineer
2nd Apr 2018, 21:45
I think that the training requirement will be driven by the examiners report, and any attempt to pre-judge what that will be is daft.

G

Whopity
3rd Apr 2018, 07:55
If the candidate goes for a second attemt, then no training is required and the candidate, who already has a recomendation for test for that Series, may do as he wishes. The candidate could have even departed the ATO with his certificate so you would have no say in the matter. Any additional training is purely advisary but may be a good idea.

If however the candidate had elected to go directly to Series 2 then the Examiner would mandate a minimum of 2 hours additional training that an ATO must complete before the candidate is issued with a new recommendation for test, for the next Series. A Ghengis says, it would be entirely dependant upon which items had been failed and where the candidate's weaknesses were, as well as any mandatory requirements set by the Examiner. Like the PPL it takes as long as it takes.

anchorhold
3rd Apr 2018, 08:42
What if the candidate disputes the failed test or any additional training?????

Whopity
3rd Apr 2018, 09:15
If the test is disputed i.e. it has not been conducted correctly, the procedure is called Regulation 6. If the Examiner awards mandatory training, then that is in accordance with the Regulation and unless you have successfully appealed under Reg 6, you are stuck with it or the next Exminer may decline to test the candidate.

In any event, nothing to do with the original question with regard to writing ATO manuals!

Sam_MHN
27th Apr 2018, 17:14
Thanks, as helpful as usual Whopity, Genghis and anchorhold!!