PDA

View Full Version : FedEx Pilot Pipeline

bafanguy
2nd Apr 2018, 20:12
FedEx had alluded to the development of a pilot pipeline when they announced the purchase of a bunch of Cessna SkyCourier 408F aircraft.

They'll get a lot of interest as FedEx is one of the best jobs in the biz...and they have a lot of TP feeder airplanes to crew.

Here are the preliminary details:

Purple Runway – A FedEx Pathways Program has three main objectives:

• To further career development of pilots during their employment with the feeder;

• To assist the feeder operator in its efforts to recruit high-quality, well-trained candidates; and

• To provide FedEx Express with an early opportunity to evaluate feeder pilots as potential applicants for available FedEx Express trunk positions.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180402005289/en/FedEx-Express-Announces-Purple-Runway-%E2%80%93-FedEx

A Squared
2nd Apr 2018, 20:29
Cynical view ... a ploy by Fed-Ex to help their contractors continue to get applicants without having to offer competitive terms.

bafanguy
2nd Apr 2018, 21:15
Cynical view ... a ploy by Fed-Ex to help their contractors continue to get applicants without having to offer competitive terms.

AxA,

Mmmmm...could be. ;)

Here's what Empire has to say:

Empire Airlines :: purplerunway (http://www.empireairlines.com/careers/purplerunway)

And from Mountain Air Cargo:

http://www.mtaircargo.com/purplerunway/

The world's longest job interview ? Worth it I guess if it pays off.

flyboyike
2nd Apr 2018, 23:07

Pretty much.

bafanguy
3rd Apr 2018, 08:20
The Empire statement on this program under Program Eligibility says:

"Eligible to work in the U.S. and qualify for rapid visa insurance"

What's "rapid visa insurance" ? Mountain Air Cargo makes the same statement.

To anyone's knowledge, have the TP freight feeders employed expats ? It's odd they'd mention visa unless they were dealing with visa holders.

JPJP
4th Apr 2018, 19:51
The Empire statement on this program under Program Eligibility says:

"Eligible to work in the U.S. and qualify for rapid visa insurance"

What's "rapid visa insurance" ? Mountain Air Cargo makes the same statement.

To anyone's knowledge, have the TP freight feeders employed expats ? It's odd they'd mention visa unless they were dealing with visa holders.

Hey B,

It’s got nothing to do with a work a Visa. Think issuance of a Crew Visa for China etc. Why MAC or Empire need it, I don’t know. It may be just a flow down of a FedEx corporate requirement. Or they fly to somewhere that requires more rapid visa issuance ?

bafanguy
4th Apr 2018, 21:40
Hey B,

It’s got nothing to do with a work a Visa. Think issuance of a Crew Visa for China etc. Why MAC or Empire need it, I don’t know. It may be just a flow down of a FedEx corporate requirement. Or they fly to somewhere that requires more rapid visa issuance ?

JPJP,

Well, FedEx has sure done a poor job of explaining that one.

Do they really think a bunch of young fresh CPLs in search of a road to the Big Time really understand that requirement ?

Or maybe we old farts don't understand ? :*

bafanguy
6th Apr 2018, 21:01
When you dig into the fine print of this program, it all seems rather underwhelming. Much ado about very little ?

BDD
7th Apr 2018, 06:27
Hi, bafanguy,

A buddy of mine interviewed at Go Jets a couple of weeks ago. He has
been a captain for the last 25 years and they offered him 2nd-year captain pay.
So, I guess that offer they are advertising for up to 10 years is a bunch of BS!!

BDD

havick
7th Apr 2018, 06:31
Hi, bafanguy,

So, I guess that offer they are advertising for up to 10 years is a bunch of BS!!

BDD

25 years of a Captain where? There’s caveats as to what time counts as longevity pay there I believe

flyboyike
9th Apr 2018, 14:31
Hi, bafanguy,

BDD

Do I dare ask what a 25-year Captain was doing applying to GoJets?

ironbutt57
13th Apr 2018, 09:45
Do I dare ask what a 25-year Captain was doing applying to GoJets?

was wondering that myself...