PDA

View Full Version : Winnie Mandela dead!

vctenderness
2nd Apr 2018, 18:40
Yippee! Another nasty piece of work bites the dust. Queen of the ‘necklace’.

Andy_S
2nd Apr 2018, 18:48
Well, I won't celebrate her passing. But I certainly won't mourn her. I suspect that some of the pollies who once fawned over her are hoping that old quotes and video clips stay buried.

Wonder what Corbyn thinks?

G-CPTN
2nd Apr 2018, 19:26
Wonder what Corbyn thinks?

Did he have a thing with her as well as with DA?

ImageGear
2nd Apr 2018, 19:59
A really evil piece of humanity who was and is lauded by the press and feted by politicians and other despots around the world.

I have unfortunately seen too many ordinary decent people suffer from the atrocities advocated by this animal and her followers.

"Necklacing" is beyond the understanding of any normal person ranking with the Jordanian pilot's suffering at the hands of terrorists. The fact that it occurred in much larger numbers and mostly against her own people who were not conducting military operations, makes her nothing less than a war criminal.

It is often a good thing that life ends when it does, but when that life is replaced by something equally or even more evil, the norms and cultures of nations, perish. Witness the accelerating decline taking place every day in South Africa.

Lying mendacious female tyrant’s reign is over! - Training Risky says it all.

IG

sitigeltfel
2nd Apr 2018, 22:17
Now deleted tweet from Labours Naz Shah, she thought the quote was meant to be a tribute!

Can anyone really be that thick?

You bet!

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/40e5d9985fc9f404d563db417d729f34590751232469dd49802603e6ea99 7e3f.jpg

Lantern10
2nd Apr 2018, 23:05
Well can't think of anything good to say about her, so I'll leave it at that.

Allan Lupton
2nd Apr 2018, 23:11
Well can't think of anything good to say about her, so I'll leave it at that.
Yes I agree and I hope we can all leave it at that.

Lucifer Lux
2nd Apr 2018, 23:26
Why so coy? She was pure evil, good riddance.

Fantome
3rd Apr 2018, 00:02
It is a often good thing that life ends when it does, but when that life is replaced by something equally or even more evil, the norms and cultures of nations, perish. Witness the accelerating decline taking place every day in South Africa.

In a hundred years time the world will be a very different place to what it is today. That much is obvious. There is no knowing whether it will be better or worse.

krismiler
3rd Apr 2018, 00:46
The problem is that compared with some of the politicians in South Africa at the moment, she rated as a moderate figure.

fitliker
3rd Apr 2018, 01:16
Are they killing all the farmers of European descent now or just the de richt Boers ?

rotornut
3rd Apr 2018, 04:38
What a bit*h, with apology to my lovely female dog sound asleep at my feet.

ImageGear
3rd Apr 2018, 07:33
Farmers are descendants of people from the whole of Europe, but more especially, Brits, Dutch, Belgian, Irish and others are being killed.

"Qua Zulu"-Natal has a high percentage of Brit descendant farmers, whereas other provinces have more Dutch, Belgian and other European nationalities. However the level of killing among indigenous tribes is higher, the problems are similar to Zimbabwe in which any farmers who could, emigrated, the ones who were left behind, had their farms expropriated, or they were (or are) being killed off.

My family's, grandfather was born into a butchers family in Godstone, Surrey, before he was pushed off to SA to make his fortune. Many of his descendants live out every day among the killings, with no way out.

Many readers of PPruNe will be in a similar situation.

Having just watched Peter Hain this morning, trying to distance himself from what is taking place in that country makes my blood boil. A pox on his house I say.

IG

Tankertrashnav
3rd Apr 2018, 10:25
If I knew what the opposite of RIP was I would print it. Cant even say "Rot in Hell" as the Pope tells us it doesn't exist, so I suppose "Good riddance" will have to suffice.

meadowrun
3rd Apr 2018, 10:28
Wasn't she an ANC hero, by association, thrice removed?
Will there be a national "Necklace Day"?

sitigeltfel
3rd Apr 2018, 10:42
On another site, someone posted up a photograph of the gruesome results of a "Winnie necklace".
Not to be repeated here, but you can just imagine the torture the victim endured before succumbing.

Some people are not happy with just executing others, without inflicting the maximum pain and distress to accompany the act. Pure evil.

goudie
3rd Apr 2018, 11:22
The woman was an evil psychopath. Pity she lived so long. She didn’t deserve to.

Ogre
3rd Apr 2018, 11:49
It's been interesting to hear the news reports on the death today, the early ones started going on about how wonderful she had been and apart from mentioning the divorce didn't make much reference to the "darker" side.

However later reports made quite a bit of mention about the necklaces, the fraud allegations and the fact she had been sacked as a minister.

One mans terrorist or another mans freedom fighter, I guess it depends on your point of view but I think its fair to say that the late Mrs Mandela did everything she could to bring an end to white rule in SA, and not always though legal means

RedhillPhil
3rd Apr 2018, 22:14
22.00. Turned on the box to BBC 2 to discover an announcer making an announcement. "To-morrow, in a change to the published programme a tribute to Winnie Mandela will be broadcast". I'm not making this up and it's not April 1st. Complaint to the B.B.C. duly forwarded.

MFC_Fly
3rd Apr 2018, 22:40
However later reports made quite a bit of mention about the necklaces, the fraud allegations and the fact she had been sacked as a minister.
Did they remember to also mention the kidnapping of a 14 year old?

Ogre
3rd Apr 2018, 22:51
Did they remember to also mention the kidnapping of a 14 year old?

Some did, and they went on to make reference to the "Winnie Mandela Football Club" minders.

megan
4th Apr 2018, 02:22
Did they remember to also mention the kidnapping of a 14 year oldAnd his killing by cutting his throat. All the press I saw was mainly upbeat on her record, with the violent side almost an afterthought.

DaveReidUK
4th Apr 2018, 07:39
22.00. Turned on the box to BBC 2 to discover an announcer making an announcement. "To-morrow, in a change to the published programme a tribute to Winnie Mandela will be broadcast". I'm not making this up and it's not April 1st. Complaint to the B.B.C. duly forwarded.

There's no evidence of any planned programme on the Radio Times website, which is normally up-to-date with schedule changes.

Having said that, there was an hour long debate on the World Service yesterday on WM's legacy subtitled (with presumably carefully chosen wording) "as South Africa pays tribute to Winnie Mandela, we look at the conversation about her legacy"which seems perfectly a legitimate angle.

MungoP
4th Apr 2018, 08:13
What a pity.. I had a necklace I wanted to give her.

BehindBlueEyes
4th Apr 2018, 08:41
Already, her diabolical history is being spun into a racist issue by the Grauniad.

“Winnie Mandela was a hero. If she’d been white, there would be no debate“

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/03/winnie-mandela-hero-white-protest-apartheid

DaveReidUK
4th Apr 2018, 09:15
Already, her diabolical history is being spun into a racist issue by the Grauniad.

“Winnie Mandela was a hero. If she’d been white, there would be no debate“

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/03/winnie-mandela-hero-white-protest-apartheid

How appalling - turning apartheid into a racist issue.

longer ron
4th Apr 2018, 09:22
Most of the necklace victims were Black

ian16th
4th Apr 2018, 09:29
Her maternal grandfather was white!

BehindBlueEyes
4th Apr 2018, 09:36
How appalling - turning apartheid into a racist issue.

Whoops! :ugh: Bad choice of words there. What I should have said was that it’s disappointing that the Grauniad reporter is suggesting that had she was vilified for her crimes only because she was black. Murder is murder is murder whatever the colour of the accused. Interesting this Afua Hirsch seems to gloss over W Mandela’s atrocities to her fellow blacks (who were the victims of Apartheid) but seems to suggest that anything was acceptable when you are a freedom fighter - a bit like the IRA did; under the banner of creatiing a united Ireland meanwhile kneecapping, tar and feathering and executing fellow countryman.

ORAC
4th Apr 2018, 09:48
Presumably all her victims being seen in her supporters eyes as Uncle Toms......

BehindBlueEyes
4th Apr 2018, 10:00
Presumably all her victims being seen in her supporters eyes as Uncle Toms......

Highly likely I would say.

Tankertrashnav
4th Apr 2018, 10:33
All the press I saw was mainly upbeat on her record, with the violent side almost an afterthought.

Yesterday's Times ran a two-page obit. After a fairly factual first half (early life, marriage etc) the second half pulled no punches and listed all of her crimes, as well as the way she was able to manipulate the corrupt judicial system to escape punishment for them.

RedhillPhil
4th Apr 2018, 10:46
There's no evidence of any planned programme on the Radio Times website, which is normally up-to-date with schedule changes.

Having said that, there was an hour long debate on the World Service yesterday on WM's legacy subtitled (with presumably carefully chosen wording) which seems perfectly a legitimate angle.

It was a last-minute decision. It replaced a programme about the young musician of the year. I look forward to the B.B.C.'S tribute to Robert Mugabe.

bcgallacher
4th Apr 2018, 12:43
She also seems to have had the usual ability of African politicians to enrich themselves with no apparent source of income - her net worth is being quoted as $8 million.

Blacksheep
4th Apr 2018, 13:13
“Winnie Mandela was a hero. If she’d been white, there would be no debate“The football club, kidnappings and necklaces had nothing to do with apartheid or the ending thereof. It was all to do with post-apartheid black politics.

funfly
4th Apr 2018, 15:04
On another site, someone posted up a photograph of the gruesome results of a "Winnie necklace".
Not, of course, a South African problem, I came across 'tyring' in Nigeria in the mid 70s. carried out by screaming, shouting, laughing crowds on suspects. Tyre pushed over the shoulders to the waist then lit.

krismiler
4th Apr 2018, 15:30
The football club, kidnappings and necklaces had nothing to do with apartheid or the ending thereof. It was all to do with post-apartheid black politics.

Exactly, once it was obvious that the white government was on its way out deciding who was going to replace it became of much greater importance than the struggle against apartheid. It must be admitted though that the Afrikaners spent considerable time and resources in stirring up trouble between the various black factions using the "Civil Cooperation Bureau" in order to divide and rule and avoid facing a united front.

All that effort probably wasn't necessary though as they were perfectly capable of starting a civil war without any outside interference.

ehwatezedoing
4th Apr 2018, 18:45
If I knew what the opposite of RIP was I would print it. Cant even say "Rot in Hell" as the Pope tells us it doesn't exist, so I suppose "Good riddance" will have to suffice.
Rot In Poo!?
Rip In Peperoni?

parabellum
5th Apr 2018, 03:23
Exactly, once it was obvious that the white government was on its way out deciding who was going to replace it became of much greater importance than the struggle against apartheid.
Carrying on where the ANC left off when Mandela was sent to prison, conspiracy to cause an explosion, actually trying to kill fellow ANC hierarchy who Mandela didn't think were ruthless enough and should be replaced. Mandela got the top job in the ANC whilst in prison, that's why he had to do another 13 years after completing the initial life sentence, refusing to renounce violence as a means to an end.

Lonewolf_50
5th Apr 2018, 13:28
Not, of course, a South African problem, I came across 'tyring' in Nigeria in the mid 70s. carried out by screaming, shouting, laughing crowds on suspects. Tyre pushed over the shoulders to the waist then lit. Necklacing was popular among some of Aristide's supporters in Haiti.