PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia Airlines

7Q Off
2nd Apr 2018, 04:12
whats the salary for a 737 Captain there? Thanks

High Energy
5th Apr 2018, 13:20
Also;
-is it a multi year contract or full time?
-What are the conditions like at MH for an expat?
-Any possibility of a fleet change after x amount of years?

Any info on the contract and conditions would be much appreciated! Looking at expat DEC 737.

PM welcome!

High Energy
9th Apr 2018, 05:01
Regardring the below. Does anyone have any info? Or knows someone who works at MH? PM's are welcome!

MeLuvUlongtime
9th Apr 2018, 08:59
I think they are still ironing out the T&C for expat pilots. I don't think it going to be anything exciting.

booze
13th Sep 2018, 09:24
Hi guys/gals,

Any news on the 330 gig for expats?

cheers,

booze

one day soon
13th Sep 2018, 10:05
Hi guys/gals,

Any news on the 330 gig for expats?

cheers,

booze

can you tell me if you've seen this for Dec ?
I've seen a few adverts but all be defo so far.
thanks

booze
13th Sep 2018, 10:30
can you tell me if you've seen this for Dec ?
I've seen a few adverts but all be defo so far.
thanks

​​​On their website.

one day soon
13th Sep 2018, 13:19
​​​On their website.
Thanks, now if only it gave the details you asked for!

jetjockey696
14th Sep 2018, 05:40
If you are a captain rated on Airbus... try Air Asia. they pay lot more than MAS. All contract until local terms. Dont want to upset the MAS pilot union now... MAS capt.basic b737 = 6Kusd, expect monthly around <10K. FO. basic 3k = 5500usd. All rank = no housing, education, transport, YOU need to pay tax 10% on your basic pay. flight pay tax free. you get ID travel, 1 free family ticket per year on MH destination. medical,and insurance and annual 21days off

Thats why they losing pilots to Malindo, airasia, middle east and asia.

BTW interview is on your dime (hotel and airfare, and the air law exams).

Bored_Aviator
14th Sep 2018, 13:39
If you are a captain rated on Airbus... try Air Asia. they pay lot more than MAS. All contract until local terms. Dont want to upset the MAS pilot union now... MAS capt.basic b737 = 6Kusd, expect monthly around <10K. FO. basic 3k = 5500usd. All rank = no housing, education, transport, YOU need to pay tax 10% on your basic pay. flight pay tax free. you get ID travel, 1 free family ticket per year on MH destination. medical,and insurance and annual 21days off

Thats why they losing pilots to Malindo, airasia, middle east and asia.

BTW interview is on your dime (hotel and airfare, and the air law exams).

I thought air asia pilots were leaving to MAS for the better benefits/pay ?

booze
14th Sep 2018, 15:48
Thanks guys! I've also heard various rumors either way that guys/gals are migrating from one to the other. The only fact at the moment is the Air Asia package based in KL. Nothing official out of MAS for now...

mercenair
25th Sep 2018, 06:19
Has anyone heard anything more about this? Any word on the interview process, pay or rostering?

An unreliable source told me that they are desperate for crew, but because they aren't offering much compared to what you can get in China or elsewhere they aren't being flooded with applications.

MeLuvUlongtime
26th Sep 2018, 05:01
Mercenair.. its true that they need pilots, becoz locals have left for the better only left are the cadets, pilots cant leave malaysia because of family reasons.. My friends B737 having been waiting for 3 months to sign contract and start, no communications between MAB and the candidates, looks like a long wait. I think there a storm brewing, more sacking and movement, even reducing the B737 fleet and using the A330 instead. the new government may not give out anymore money to MAB as it is a rust bucket its slowly sinking, even reinforcement plating is not working.

Mercenair and others.. wise to move on, dont waste your time, with this company and country. Malaysia always like throwing tantrums and kick out the expats and blame there is too many local pilots etc. within a few years they advertised we need expat pilots.

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME with this country.. They dont want expats in there country, they rather run the country and company into the ground rather hire expats, especially to fly for its national carrier. Thats just not cricket. rumours.. the Aviation authority refusing to validate foreign licenses.