PDA

View Full Version : Tips for easyJet/FlyBe MPL?

Keano752
1st Apr 2018, 08:15
Hi everyone,
So recently I applied for the 2018 FlyBe MPL with FTEJerez and the easyJet MPL with L3. The good news is I've advanced to the next stage which is the Assessment and Interview Day with FlyBe at their Training Center in Exeter and easyJet's Assessment Day at L3 in Southampton. If successful at the easyJet Assessment, I advance to Day 2 which will be the Group Exercise and Interview.

I passed the Maths, Physics, etc at CAE Oxford last year but failed the interview but I have a general idea of the Assessments and I'm going through them again to prepare so no real concerns there. However, it's just the interview and group exercise I would like some advice on. I'm just really wanting to know what questions to expect.

Thanks in advance everyone!
Kind Regards,
Keano

EGPF
1st Apr 2018, 12:47
Have a look at the EasyJet MPL 2017 thread for some tips.

For the interview:

CAE OAA states for Generation easyJet:

"It should go without saying that applicants should learn as much about easyJet as they can by researching the company and becoming familiar with their ethos, values, bases, fleet, timeliness record, financial performance and management structure, etc."

You'll also be asked some competency question, in which your life experiences will help, for example, think about times when you've used one of the 5 non-technical skills that MPL cadets should have such as leadership.

For the group assessments, have a look at some L3 cadet blogs.

Keano752
2nd Apr 2018, 09:08
Thanks for your reply EGPF!
I've started looking for the blogs now and thankfully I've been studying both airlines fleets and so on. I've also applied to the Thomas Cook MPL so I've been pretty busy you can imagine.
I've only been out of school for just over a year and last year I failed an interview with CAE Oxford and I feel this was because of a lack of confidence and lack of life experience. Thankfully I got a job at a toy store - which was great especially coming up to Christmas where all my competencies were tested and while no longer working there I got valuable experience and done some volunteering as well.
Thanks and I will have a look an in-depth look to the airlines today while going through some of the tests too.

EGPF
2nd Apr 2018, 14:58
Thanks for your reply EGPF!
I've started looking for the blogs now and thankfully I've been studying both airlines fleets and so on. I've also applied to the Thomas Cook MPL so I've been pretty busy you can imagine.
I've only been out of school for just over a year and last year I failed an interview with CAE Oxford and I feel this was because of a lack of confidence and lack of life experience. Thankfully I got a job at a toy store - which was great especially coming up to Christmas where all my competencies were tested and while no longer working there I got valuable experience and done some volunteering as well.
Thanks and I will have a look an in-depth look to the airlines today while going through some of the tests too.

Sounds like you're on the right track :)

Very best of luck!