PDA

View Full Version : Colon Cancer

Vendenan
27th Mar 2018, 08:08
Is there anyone who knows possibilty of revalidation/renewal easa class I Medical after undertaken colon cancer resection T3N0MO?
Many thanks in advance.

BoeingBoy
27th Mar 2018, 16:46
Hi Vendenan.

Your first stop is here:

Medical standards for EASA pilots | UK Civil Aviation Authority (http://www.caa.co.uk/Aeromedical-Examiners/Medical-standards/Pilots-(EASA)/By-class/Medical-standards-for-EASA-pilots/)

Try under Oncology or Gastro intestinal. Most of the illnesses are covered with a set protocol for you to follow to regain your licence. Failing that try contacting your local AME or the CAA medical section if you're not in a hurry for an answer.

Good Luck.

wiggy
27th Mar 2018, 17:10
Is there anyone who knows possibilty of revalidation/renewal easa class I Medical after undertaken colon cancer resection T3N0MO?
Many thanks in advance.

Ohh, that shorthand sounds horribly familiar.....yes renewal can and has been done.

Obviously (?) it is a case by case basis and if you are U.K. based I would refer you to the CAA link(s) you have already been given.

Good luck, PM me if you feel the need.

wiggy
28th Mar 2018, 08:30
To the OP..

Just dropped in this morning and I see it is possible you can’t Personal Message (PM) at the moment due to your status...not sure if the mods can be helpful given the (possible) circumstances.

Having been through the “T3N0M0” experience myself, including resection (in my case lower anterior), temporary bag, reconnection....etc and everything else that condition entails such as chemo I’m happy enough to correspond if you want. FWIW the resection itself (whilst a fairly major op as far as I was concerned) wasn’t really a factor in getting renewal/revalidation as far the AMEs and regulator were concerned. What they looked for at the end of the whole process is outlined in the CAA notes, but to paraphrase: oncologists reports, all active treatment finished, no significant risk of incapacitation, etc.....

Pilot DAR
28th Mar 2018, 11:40
Welcome Vendenan, I have checked your status, and you should be able to receive a PM, should Wiggy wish to send one to you. Best of luck!