PDA

View Full Version : Flat Earth? See it yourself!

vaqueroaero
26th Mar 2018, 01:17
Wasn't sure where to post this, so mods feel free to move it to where it may be more at home.

In order to prove that the earth is shaped like a Frisbee he built his own rocket. He nearly ended up in the Darwin awards thread...............

Self-taught rocket scientist blasts off into California sky | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5540663/Self-taught-rocket-scientist-propels-1-875-feet.html)

jack11111
26th Mar 2018, 05:47
I have a question.

Was the working press there or were only Mike's people there to video this stunt?

troppo
26th Mar 2018, 06:51
I have a question.

Was the working press there or were only Mike's people there to video this stunt?

Very good question.

I have a doubt...

DaveReidUK
26th Mar 2018, 07:52
PPRuNe: Airline Pilot has licence suspended for believing in Flat Earth Theory (https://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/603869-airline-pilot-has-licence-suspended-believing-flat-earth-theory-2.html)

Bull at a Gate
26th Mar 2018, 08:16
If you search his name there is a lengthy video showing the the whole thing. He is a nutter of the first order, but he did manage to launch himself in his own steam driven rocket. Henry Crun would be proud.

funfly
26th Mar 2018, 11:46
I can't see how it is possible to prove/unprove the flat earth theory by blasting yourself 250 feet into the air.

dusk2dawn
26th Mar 2018, 12:26
Neil Tyson Demonstrates Absurdity of "Flat Earth"

loveair
26th Mar 2018, 18:06
The Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe

So they were quoted on their Facebook page

ShyTorque
26th Mar 2018, 19:26
I can't see how it is possible to prove/unprove the flat earth theory by blasting yourself 250 feet into the air.

Well he might be right. I went to 250 feet today and the earth looked pretty flat to me......

charliegolf
26th Mar 2018, 22:21
Just back from the Alps. Defo not flat!

CG

G-CPTN
7th Apr 2018, 21:28
"All 4 corners of the Earth" implies that it is either a square pizza or a tetrahedron.

Loose rivets
8th Apr 2018, 00:16
So, if by some bizarre chance, the world was proved to be flat, would all the pilots but one have their licence suspended?

vapilot2004
8th Apr 2018, 01:08
I find these people odd. Centuries ago, in the days of sailing ships, sailors could witness the fact that when approached by another vessel, the mast would appear before the hull.

In a related matter, the question bank for KLM's new hires was leaked recently:

1) Is the earth flat?
A. Yes.
B. No, it is round.
C. No, it is an oblate spheroid.
D. Is this a trick question?

2) Characterize the following statement: "We're from the government, and we're here to help"
A. True.
B. False.
C. Depends on your definition of "help".

3) Do Mexicans have a sense of humor?
A. Yes.
B. No.
C. Usually, but not during World Cup.

Rwy in Sight
8th Apr 2018, 06:56
Characterize the following statement: "We're from the government, and we're here to help"
A. True.
B. False.
C. Depends on your definition of "help".

I thought this question is considered as one of the most memorable in aviation if you change government for FAA and it always False although C can be a valid answer as well.

vapilot2004
8th Apr 2018, 11:50
:ok:

charliegolf
8th Apr 2018, 14:01
So, if by some bizarre chance, the world was proved to be flat, would all the pilots but one have their licence suspended?

No, ALL pilots, coz his/hers is ALREADY suspended.:ok:

CG

chevvron
8th Apr 2018, 15:43
The earth is hollow anyway.