PDA

View Full Version : ICAO ATP to FAA ATP conversion in Europe or UAE

Bell pilot
25th Mar 2018, 16:46
is there any Flying School in Europe or UAE from where conversion from ICAO ATP to FAA ATP possible
Medical
Examination
Flying Training And check

hueyracer
25th Mar 2018, 17:27
Medical can be done in Europe, you will find a list of AMEs on the FAA website-you need to register to MedXpress first.

There is no training required as long as you fulfill all requirements, but the written exam and the check will need to be done in the US (the check flight could be done anywhere, but you will need to do the written in the US).

You will probably need a TSA clearance as well, which can take up to 90 days.

Bell pilot
25th Mar 2018, 17:36
Thanks for quick reply and useful information
can it be done on Bell 412 and how much sim or flying requirement
or
its necessary to be from Flying School R44 or S300C

vaqueroaero
26th Mar 2018, 00:48
It can be done in a simulator such as Flight Safety has. Or it can be done in an R44 or S300C. The flight part would take about 2 hours. The ground school part is really a systems check from an aircraft standpoint. So if you really know the 412 well go for it. The S300C is a little simpler.

Same again
26th Mar 2018, 07:42
It is (or was) possible to sit the ATP computer based written exam at Flight Safety in Farnborough UK. I did it some years ago. I also completed the medical examination with an FAA AME in UK. But I did have to take the flight test in USA.

Bell pilot
26th Mar 2018, 15:23
thanks , i think S300C helicopter will be batter FAA ATP check in Skoki IL, will Appreciate,if some can find details

rudestuff
26th Mar 2018, 17:41
Ah, Skokie Illinois. The DPE was this guy named Kip Diskin, big fat guy, I mean, like, orca fat...