PDA

View Full Version : Boeing/US Government versus Bombardier C Series...

Jet Jockey A4
23rd Mar 2018, 12:31
Excellent news...

Boeing puts trade challenge to rest...

Mar. 23, 2018 5:16 AM ET|About: The Boeing Company (BA)|By: Yoel Minkoff, SA News Editor

Boeing (NYSE:BA) will not appeal against the U.S. trade commission's ruling that allows Canada's Bombardier (OTCQX:BDRAF, OTCQX:BDRBF) to sell its CSeries jets to U.S. airlines without a near 300% duty on sales.

Mending the relationship? The American planemaker is currently a bidder for Canadian government's competition for fighter jets worth between C$15B-$C19B.

roybert
23rd Mar 2018, 13:20
Sorry but the complaint shouldn't have been made in the first place and as a result Boeing should be disqualified from bidding on the Fighter contract.

Jet Jockey A4
23rd Mar 2018, 13:38
Sorry but the complaint shouldn't have been made in the first place and as a result Boeing should be disqualified from bidding on the Fighter contract.

I totally agree! :-)

I totally lost respect for Boeing and I hope that by forcing Bombardier into a corner where they had to make a deal with Airbus will only come around and screw them big time in the future.

Boeing does not have even a replacement on the drawing board for their outdated 737 and I only hope the newer version Airbus 320 series along with the C Series kicks the 737 into oblivion.

AAGpilot
24th Mar 2018, 02:20
Good news for Delta.

Jet Jockey A4
24th Mar 2018, 03:41
Good news for Delta.

And hopefully for JetBlue and others in the USA.

AAGpilot
25th Mar 2018, 07:59
And hopefully for JetBlue and others in the USA.

Hey as long as it pays right I couldn’t care less what I fly. I know AA isn’t getting any though.

Jet Jockey A4
25th Mar 2018, 13:33
I know AA isn’t getting any though.

For now! :-)