PDA

View Full Version : Hypocrisy

Stan Woolley
20th Mar 2018, 13:52
Not a word about Cambridge Analytica on JB.

Would the same apathy have been shown if they had been a Russian Company with headquarters in Moscow?

Iím no lover of Russia, just prefer to see balance.

VP959
20th Mar 2018, 13:55
Seems to be an active thread here about it: https://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/606771-fine-art-manipulation-can-worms-thereafter.html

Maybe that lack of balance is with your eyesight? :)

BruisedCrab
20th Mar 2018, 14:05
Seems to be an active thread here about it: https://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/606771-fine-art-manipulation-can-worms-thereafter.html

Maybe that lack of balance is with your eyesight? :)

LOL VP, nice.

Stan Woolley
20th Mar 2018, 14:12
Mea culpa V959, but the lack of interest in said thread still keeps my point valid.

If it were the other way around the thread would have been a few pages long by now...

BruisedCrab
20th Mar 2018, 14:20
If it were the other way around the thread would have been a few pages long by now...

But it isnít the other way round, is it?

sitigeltfel
20th Mar 2018, 14:29
Mea culpa V959, but the lack of interest in said thread still keeps my point valid.

If the thread starter had given a clue in the title as to what he was on about then maybe there would be a better response. Or maybe when PPRuNers saw who started it they decided to give it a body swerve.

;)

Stan Woolley
20th Mar 2018, 14:42
If the thread starter had given a clue in the title as to what he was on about then maybe there would be a better response. Or maybe when PPRuNers saw who started it they decided to give it a body swerve.

;)

The first point Iíll take. The second is typical of JB. :ok:

ORAC
20th Mar 2018, 15:39
If the thread starter had given a clue in the title as to what he was on about then maybe there would be a better response. Equally applicable to this thread.....

Stan Woolley
20th Mar 2018, 17:03
I thought he was referring to this thread.

Krystal n chips
20th Mar 2018, 17:27

;)

Siti old boy !

Was the title a shade too cryptic for your understanding then?.

Now, if I had entitled it " Gay Muslims Rig National Elections !"..your little heart would have thumped with joy, so much so the reverberations would have been registered on the Richter scale as an earthquake in the South of France !.

But, I agree, tis true that, here on JB, the coterie of chums that feel they have divine provenance over mere peasants and, worse still, Guardian readers who don't take everything at face value from the self aggrandizing luminaries, do tend to be ignored.

Thankfully, JB has a useful function in this respect, one you yourself have proudly plonked a digit on, as indeed has another who doesn't like inconvenient questions being posed called....the " Ignore" button.

This doth make life so much simpler for those whose sensitivities are so fragile that the merest hint of questioning their learned posts on all manner of subjects, can result in a fit of the vapours and much indignation for dessert.

Siti, now the title has been explained to thee, thou art most welcome to contribute to the thread old bean !

We await your inspirational and insightful commentary with rapt anticipation !

flash8
20th Mar 2018, 17:28
Fair point Stan.. the thread would be running into overdrive!

BruisedCrab
20th Mar 2018, 17:33
KnC really is the most patronising and arrogant poster I have read.

He/she/it is also the first to accuse others of the same.

Krystal n chips
20th Mar 2018, 17:49
KnC really is the most patronising and arrogant poster I have read.

He/she/it is also the first to accuse others of the same.

Well that will endear you to all the chaps on here !....much clapping and joyous approval for your scintillating wit to eloquently presented.

He, by the way, to save you any further confusion.

Stan Woolley
20th Mar 2018, 17:54
Well that will endear you to all the chaps on here

Not quite all...;)

finfly1
20th Mar 2018, 18:05
"Thankfully, JB has a useful function in this respect, one you yourself have proudly plonked a digit on, as indeed has another who doesn't like inconvenient questions being posed called....the " Ignore" button. "

If one remotely believes this is the reason one is put on 'ignore', one has truly monumental psychological defense mechanisms.

KenV
20th Mar 2018, 18:59
Not a word about Cambridge Analytica on JB.

Would the same apathy have been shown if they had been a Russian Company with headquarters in Moscow?

I’m no lover of Russia, just prefer to see balance.

Balance? Lets talk balance.

Obama quite proudly claimed to have siphoned off the data of well over 100 million Facebook users, with Facebook's explicit permission and even assistance because they were in Obama's camp. Not only not so much as a peep of outrage from the media, but actual cheering amid shouts of "well done, Barry!"

Now THERE is some serious hypocrisy.

But yeah, I do agree with the description of KnC.

Fareastdriver
20th Mar 2018, 20:09
Anybody that signs up to Facebook deserves to have the rest of the world know everything about them.

Sallyann1234
20th Mar 2018, 20:31
Anybody that signs up to Facebook deserves to have the rest of the world know everything about them.

The funny thing about Facebook is that if you tell anyone that their personal data is being siphoned out, they say "Nonsense - I have my security settings screwed down tight, and only the people I choose can see me". They just don't undstand that they have given Facebook itself the right to record everything. :ugh:

TWT
20th Mar 2018, 21:02
I'm glad I never signed up for a Facebook account.

Way back, when it was new, and 'everyone' was getting onboard, I just knew that if I submitted personal information to this company that I'd regret it.

Of course, it's difficult to avoid because most companies that you need to deal with have a privacy statement which gives them the right to sell your personal details,
which is why you are bombarded with telemarketing calls on your mobile phone, for example.

Bee Rexit
20th Mar 2018, 21:16
The funny thing about Facebook is that if you tell anyone that their personal data is being siphoned out, they say "Nonsense - I have my security settings screwed down tight, and only the people I choose can see me". They just don't undstand that they have given Facebook itself the right to record everything. :ugh:

"By using our sites and services, you expressly consent to our collection, use, disclosure, and retention of your personal information as described in this privacy policy. If you do not agree to this privacy policy, please do not use our sites or services."
www.internetbrands.com/privacy/privacy-main.html

Hussar 54
20th Mar 2018, 21:53
Well that will endear you to all the chaps on here !....much clapping and joyous approval for your scintillating wit to eloquently presented.

Are we still allowed to call ourselves 'HE' in these days of sexual equality ??

I would have thought that any self-respecting Guardian-reading/worshiping-white collar-comrade would have preferred something more ' gender neutral '

But anyway....

Do please keep it up, though, K&C, as you do regularly manage to make me smile - even if it's usually the smile of the ' He cannot be serious ' kind....

funfly
20th Mar 2018, 22:42

I always though 'she'.