PDA

View Full Version : Hainan Airlines direct employment or agency

superfly85
20th Mar 2018, 10:04
Dear All,

I was wondering if any of you have in the past worked directly for Hainan Airlines instead of an agency?
I have the possibility to go direct with Hainan or via an agency.
The advantage I can see with the agency is with their exposure and experience with airlines they are probably
well placed to give any info/help to pass the screening.
As for the disadvantage, they say two is a couple and three is a crowd! In this tri-lateral relationship, the agency, I assume, will
always go the employer's way. So why bother?

Any experienced with both or any would be appreciated.

Happy landings.

superfly85
26th Mar 2018, 07:12
625 views and no one has an answer or a hint. Common guys, we here to share experiences and info! THANKS

bigduke6
31st Mar 2018, 01:56
You are correct, the Agent will not bite the hand that feeds it. Only advantage to an Agency may be health care benefits, and you can likely sort out and pay for what you prefer on your own. So if hiring directly with the company pays you the extra $1000 or so per month that the agent normally gets, I would rather pocket it myself.

Only drawback may be taxation, as the portion paid to you from the agent in China may not be subject to Chinese taxation, verses now maybe all of it will be.

lancilov
31st Mar 2018, 14:06
how sad it is that in majority of cases on prune, especially about China, people for some reason misrepresent (gonna be polite by using that word instead...) facts...

please do me a favour big duke and tell me you fly for hainan?
I fly for Xiamen, but I just checked with my friend in Hainan, and I can guarantee you that, like in all Chinese airlines, nobody will pay you extra as you go direct instead of the agent...

So why go and say this to a guy who just wants to know facts???

Superfly, in China need like big duke said, you can go direct or via agency. A lot of agencies are not great as they are only after the money, there are some good ones (PM if you want), but best thing to do is to ask a friend that works at the airline you are aiming whats best there, as it depends on the airline...
2 things are true, agent gets paid per month from the airline (doesn't change your salary), and he is suppose to help you through recruitment process and if they are nice and not money grabbing also afterwards with small everyday things, and if you recommend a pilot to the airline you could get paid a bonus for that...

indeed some agencies are better then others, but to you makes no difference as in many cases you sign the contract directly with the airline and the agency is there just for recruitment process. In some cases they manage you fully, like ritshworth or Cae Parc, so depends on who you go with..

again, best to ask who you trust as here was just proven, that things get misrepresented ...

good luck

superfly85
5th Apr 2018, 13:52
Thanks for your input guys. Still not too sure what to go for in the end. Guess I'll have to pick the short straw!

Mof
10th Apr 2018, 03:36
Hi Superfly85,

I’m a HNA pilot. First of all, foreign pilots can’t apply directly to any Chinese airline. It’s illegal. Always you must use an agency. Maybe you are talking about HNA overseas, they say it’s the airline but it’s not true, it’s an agency.

HNA is a good option in China but not the only one. I can give you more information, aswell about the country. Also I agree Iancilov from my experience about what he post you before.

stampee
10th Apr 2018, 03:58
Illegal to apply to a Chinese airline without an agency???

Guess I broke the law. I worked directly for Xiamen Air for almost 4 years!

UB6IB9
10th Apr 2018, 18:30
This just shows how much BS is on pprune. Take whatever you read with a grain of salt. I’m going for an assessment in May with a Chinese airline and I applied DIRECTLY to the airline. NO AGENCY! I got sick and tired of dealing with agencies.

Mof
12th Apr 2018, 04:24
Yes, I was wrong. Some companies do it. In HNA, a few old pilots got it, but they need set up an agency. And also they recruit more pilots through their own agency. But finally it’s an agency, not a single pilot. I don’t know nowadays

Fareastdriver
2nd May 2018, 20:16
As far as I am aware if you are employed directly by a Chinese company then you will be taxed by the Chinese tax system. When the company pays you through an overseas company then there is a standard 25% tax deduction.

This was ten years ago so the system might have changed.

Pumba129
14th May 2018, 03:59
Hi,

As far as i know. chinese airlines indeed pay around 1000 USD per month to agency.But it doesn't matter with your salary.

Even if you applied directly, your salary won't be added.

And i have to say you will be alone.

edi_local
25th May 2018, 13:38
While on the subject of HU, does anyone have any up to date information about the staff travel system they use?

My current employer has unlimited ID90/50 for myself and a limited number of the same for direct family. No "buddy pass" scheme. I can obtain unlimited ZED tickets on dozens of interline carriers, with my family entitled to limited numbers as well. I am also entitled to an annual "free" ticket for myself. Nothing allowed in J class.

I have tried searching and trawled through many threads but cannot find anything on here that's up to date to directly related to HU, the closest I found was a 2 year old post about staff travel on Hong Kong Airlines.

safelife
25th May 2018, 19:29
Chinese airlines generally don’t do ZED/ID.

edi_local
25th May 2018, 20:48
Chinese airlines generally don’t do ZED/ID.

Thanks for that!

Although based on what I have heard so far, it does at least suggest they have something to offer, I was just looking for some more detailed information from someone who may work for them or has worked for them recently. The info I got was not very clear. For the number of threads about HU, there appears to be very little information!:sad: