PDA

View Full Version : New Cargo-Airline BSL Switzerland

LeadingEdge
22nd Jul 2002, 17:59
Rumours have it that there will be a new cargo airline,called"catran",operating from LFSB airport with a MD-11,flying to HKG and Chicago.
Start date early october,some ex-SR people behind the project.

Robert Vesco
22nd Jul 2002, 19:04
I´ll believe it when I see a real airplane, painted in "catran" colours taking off from BSL with an actual pay load on board ! :rolleyes:

I´m still waiting for the Air Switserland (ex Swiss Wings) Donier 328 to take off from BRN...... It has been parked there for weeks.

what_goes_up
22nd Jul 2002, 20:51
The launch shall be with two aircraft, growing to three within a few month. Planned Dest. are HKG, SEL, SHA and ORD.

It's not much on the web-page right now, but here is the link anyway:

http://www.catran.ch/

charterguy
23rd Jul 2002, 08:23
Wow, what a breathtaking website, not ! :eek:

swede-basher
23rd Jul 2002, 10:43
Heard about this one a while back but, without meaning to sound sceptical, also heard that finance had not been sorted nor had MD11 Frt a/c. If they are intending to start when they say they are leaving it very late to source finance and a/c.

Like any new venture I wish them the best of luck but I won't be holding my breath.

Desk Driver
23rd Jul 2002, 16:59
Aaaaaahhhhhhh.............There you are "The Guvernor"

swede-basher
23rd Jul 2002, 20:41
DD, I hope the"Guvnerd" comment wasn't pointed at me!:( as Black Adder would say " I would rather bugg@r myself with a rusty fish fork"

reason I got wind of this (it's ZRH not BSL) is I recently had a stint in ZRH and know some people in the "money raising business" that mentioned it. (bunch of Swissair ((swiss)) pilots behind it.

BTW, appology accepted :D

what_goes_up
24th Jul 2002, 07:31
Hi swede-basher

ZRH and BSL are right. The office is in ZRH but Ops will start in BSL.

Desk Driver
24th Jul 2002, 08:07
Absolutely not aimed at you Swede Basher.

It was just the following sentence

heard that finance had not been sorted nor had MD11 Frt a/c

Does that remind you of anyone?

PorcoRosso
24th Jul 2002, 13:39
By the way

Does anybody knows what happened to the "guv" ?

swede-basher
24th Jul 2002, 16:59
Porco, does anyone care ;)

w_g_u Looking at the date your regisitered, your location and reading between the lines of your post I take it you are involved. Tell me have the boys and girls at Altium found you any money yet??

regards.

what_goes_up
28th Jul 2002, 12:33
S-B

It might be dangerous to read between the lines!! No, I am not involved at all. Just keeping my ears open, as I have a valid MD11 licence. You never know. And as for the register date. I had to open up a new account because of tech problems.

Cheers

w_g_u

Loadmastertje
20th Aug 2002, 16:00
If thy need a Flying Loadmaster pls call or mail me.

Thanks.