PDA

View Full Version : Biggin Hill

Planespeaking
15th Mar 2018, 14:31
It is being posted on other forums that Biggin is closing it's flying clubs to make way for increasing exec traffic. I wonder if that is a result of the major restrictions being applied on bizjets at LTN. Perhaps SEN could also benefit
from these changes to bizjet traffic within the London area.

Planemike
15th Mar 2018, 14:58
https://www.pprune.org/private-flying/606467-biggin-hill-airport-cut-light-aircraft-activity-cuts-all-training.html

boeing_eng
15th Mar 2018, 17:02
Planespeaking...Your question regarding the night closures at Biggin which was answered on the Luton page should say it all....Unless Biggin can find a way of opening at night (very unlikely) it won't be in much of a position to benefit from any night restrictions at LTN!

Planespeaking
15th Mar 2018, 17:22
Planespeaking...Your question regarding the night closures at Biggin which was answered on the Luton page should say it all....Unless Biggin can find a way of opening at night (very unlikely) it won't be in much of a position to benefit from any night restrictions at LTN!

Thanks Boeing. It seems that London's bizjet movement constraints are becoming obvious very quickly. Especially with night restrictions. No one seems to have mentioned Northolt, unless I have missed it.

Barling Magna
15th Mar 2018, 18:24
Northolt's Jet Centre closes at 2100. Only STN and SEN really have the capacity and time to take some additional bizjet traffic. STN's night restrictions commence at 2330 whilst SEN's commence at 2300.

Harry Wayfarers
15th Mar 2018, 18:28
Thanks Boeing. It seems that London's bizjet movement constraints are becoming obvious very quickly. Especially with night restrictions. No one seems to have mentioned Northolt, unless I have missed it.

Well unless things have changed since my day Northolt is RAF, closed of a nighttime, and seriously restricts the amount of civil movements it can accept ... When I worked a contract with BAe Systems if we managed to get a BAe125 in to Northolt we considered ourselves lucky, other than Northolt it was off to Farnborough.