PDA

View Full Version : Nelson Aviation College

Doutor
15th Mar 2018, 13:31
Greetings from Tokyo !

I am planning on doing my PPL (and maybe more) soon but Japan general aviation is nearly non-existent and extremely expensive.

I was considering New Zealand and read nothing but great things about Nelson Aviation College, although reviews are dating a bit.

Is there anyone currently there or who graduated recently ? It would be great to have your feedback.

Thank you very much.

Doutor
18th Mar 2018, 13:08
Thanks a lot for your reply button push ignored - and sorry that I haven't shared more details in my initial post.

Actually, I am not a US citizen. I do already have a master degree and currently work (I am 29).

My work industry would allow me to get two months off in January - February, which is one of the reason I was thinking of NZ (summer time) + costs there are "reasonable" in comparison to Japan.

Since I don't know much about schools in the area I thought I would give a try on this forum - in hope to reach some of their alumni.

Anyway, thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts. :)

Cheers

sahni
24th May 2018, 08:41
I can highly recommend Nelson Aviation College. In the past they had students from Japan and usually you will find different nationalities there anyway.
January and February is a perfect time to visit NZ. The location of the school is simply stunning and makes VFR flying a great pleasure :-)

All the best!
D.