PDA

View Full Version : w 10 temp internet files

seletarboy
15th Mar 2018, 13:30
would any of my learned friends be able to explain to me how to clean temp internet files from my c drive in w10.
I went through the complete instructions but my temp internet files remain locked without the possibility[ as far as I know] to unlock a windows mystery??

treadigraph
15th Mar 2018, 13:37
I run CCleaner every now and then which cleans temp files from Chrome, etc. There's a freeware version via Google.

FlightDetent
15th Mar 2018, 22:19
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3012-open-use-disk-cleanup-windows-10-a.html

There should be no need to go beyond.

seletarboy
16th Mar 2018, 14:56
thanks fd. I did all of that as in yr msg, but still the internet temp files remain locked with the icon telling me so.

gemma10
16th Mar 2018, 18:09
That`s because MS want to know what you`ve been looking at. :E

BirdmanBerry
16th Mar 2018, 18:41
Can you start up in safe mode?

I've just cleared 200GB of temp files from a client's PC. They were just adding up. They're also caused by updates so check you don't have an update waiting to go.

CaptOveur
17th Mar 2018, 20:40
...still the internet temp files remain locked with the icon telling me so.

Are you referring to the junction point beneath %UserProfile%\AppData\Local? If so, that's actually pointing at %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache. But depending on which browser you're using, that may not be where what you're looking to remove is located.

seletarboy
18th Mar 2018, 15:11
thanks for yr input bb. once in safe mode, what do I do than? I have been told this is a ms numeric problem apparently. not sure this true. can you take me by the hand with this safe mode and beyond? I used w 7 and went from there to w 10.