PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Vietjet screening

Pilot_76
13th Mar 2018, 16:54
Hi all.

Below is a part of the email sent from Vietjet:

STEP 1 – SUBMIT DOCUMENTS

A. WHAT - File enclosed for your reference

MESSAGE - Email body must contain name, position, interview date, and list of what is enclosed in the email

B. Document confirmation/verification with QA

C. Submit Documents to CAAV

STEP 2 – AOC TRAINING - ONLINE

STEP 3 - ASSESSMENT PART 1 – CAAV Written Exam + Oral Test + Medical Check
CAAV in Hanoi (Flight c/o VJ)

STEP 4 - VJ ORIENTATION & GROUND SCHOOL in HCMC (AOC training)

STEP 5 - ASSESSMENT PART 2 - SIM SCREENING
Only after document review and Assessment part 1 and ground school completion
(Flight c/o VJ)

STEP 6 - CAAV Licensing in Hanoi (Flight c/o VJ)

STEP 7 - OBS / LINE TRAINING / LINE CHECK

From what I have understood it seems that the SIM screening will be done a lot later. Only at step #5.

I think that usually a SIM screening, Medical, interview and doc checks are usually done in no more than a few days. If the steps depicted here by VJ is to be followed it is going to take a lot of time and I do not believe that anyone would have enough time to go through such screening process and still preserve your current job home in case you fail any of the steps. Is this process current by VJ? Usually when you pass a sim screening and medical, you get hired then comes the rest (ground school, ICAO license conversion, line check etc). Any thoughts here? Tks.

BAe 146-100
13th Mar 2018, 17:02
This is current as of now.

It is designed to stop guys passing the sim then not accepting the job (which Vietjet require you to start the next day under the old system), now I guess they can trap guys easier by doing it this way.

Pilot_76
14th Mar 2018, 02:31

It is designed to stop guys passing the sim then not accepting the job (which Vietjet require you to start the next day under the old system), now I guess they can trap guys easier by doing it this way.

Tks man.. how unfortunate it is. It simply forces us to quit before the screening itself. :bored:

JJ320
11th Apr 2018, 19:38
Is this for Vietjet A320 Line training program?

JJ320
12th Apr 2018, 01:27
Guys why they interview pilots for screening, if they want them to quit before screening? Also, how can they make money from the A320 Line Training Program if they quit before screening?

SANDPITHOLDING
12th Apr 2018, 15:04
Salary starts to count once you are released from line training, meaning you will be spending a lot of time in Vietnam spending money while waiting for the SIM screening and afterwards to get the licence and get released. Not recommended unless you have plenty of saving to spend at least 2 months and perhaps more without salary.

JJ320
12th Apr 2018, 16:26
Are you talking about A320 Line Training Program (500hrs) or FO program?

EagleA25
13th Apr 2018, 13:45
You really wanna go there?

http://www.avherald.com/h?article=4b7415f2&opt=0

Yeah, Sully could tell ya few things about “responsibility” here; of course, you Expat are screwed either way! 🤦🏼*♂️

Check2
29th Oct 2019, 10:35
Hey guys

any info out there re CAAV theory question bank, etc At VJ?
also what’s expected on the Sim proficiency check.

regards

Check2
4th Nov 2019, 10:07

hey guys any info on caav oral/theory exam and sim rides???

regards

Sms320
5th Nov 2019, 07:02
Hey guys

any info out there re CAAV theory question bank, etc At VJ?
also what’s expected on the Sim proficiency check.

regards
hello captain

have you been hired by VJ?
if so when are expected to join them?

Check2
5th Nov 2019, 09:19
Was just after the above information. Anyone have info?.

regards

MonarchOrBust
11th Nov 2019, 02:43
Anyone had a call, screening or invitation in the last few weeks? They have gone very quiet with recruitment. Meanwhile Bamboo and Jetstar are running courses every other week and sucking pilots from the market.

Sms320
12th Nov 2019, 04:39
Hello guys,

anyone who’s got a call from vietjet to join them.

Flyer4040
18th Nov 2019, 23:40
Yes I have
any pilots joining vietjet recently to share info plz

MonarchOrBust
19th Nov 2019, 00:07
Did you apply via an agency or direct? I have a month old direct application and despite chasing several times no one replies

Flyer4040
19th Nov 2019, 08:53
Directly they’ll call u