View Full Version : Where are the training schools ads?

turbo
15th Jun 2001, 19:27
Hi everybody,

does anybody know where to get contact info for the training schools? ie How many are there, where are they etc. any help would be welcome

thanks

g10
15th Jun 2001, 19:59
Try the magazine "Flight International"...they have ads for quite a few flight training schools

prob30
15th Jun 2001, 21:34
From my research before choosing a flight school for a full time course in the UK, I came up with...
Oxford Air training school
Cabair
Bournmouth
Bristol and a smattering of others, Bristol i hear is good.
The first two listed have free seminars every couple of months which you should go to and have a look around. Ignore the anti comments on pprune about flight schools. You will notice Oxford is taking a hammering at the mo, but Cabair will be next month! Go and look around and see what fits YOU best.

15th Jun 2001, 22:00
In the back pages of the magazines 'Flyer' and 'Pilot', there are lots and lots of flight training schools.

Hope this helps.

152 :)

scroggs
16th Jun 2001, 03:28
Flyer magazine very recently published their 'Learn to Fly 2001-2002', which is available in most large newsagents. In it you'll find addresses of all the flying schools and clubs in the UK, and some brief but useful advice about becoming an airline or military pilot, and lots of other useful stuff. Worth buying.

------------------
Scroggs
Wannabes Forum Moderator
[email protected]

Intersection
16th Jun 2001, 23:10
Well where are you this will be a direct factor your nearest airport will have flying school usually if it's licensed. :)

Good luck
Fly safe and have fun!

------------------
"Vacate next Left at intersection...., contact ground on 121.9"

Trislander
17th Jun 2001, 00:04
Not quite as many ads just as yet because it is a new pilot mag, but Today's Pilot is an excellent read.

Tri

TooHotToFly
17th Jun 2001, 03:13
Don't like Today's Pilot myself - I don't think it knows what market to aim for but you can't go wrong with Flyer and Pilot.