PDA

View Full Version : Perenco in SNS

Banksman
13th Mar 2018, 12:46
Any news who has got Perenco contract in SNS which Babcock pushed for but lost :hmm:

lowfat
13th Mar 2018, 20:37
I heard you will have to target zero for that answer

finalchecksplease
14th Mar 2018, 07:12
Perenco is an oil company so the bottom line will be very, if not the most, important for them.

If Bristow wants to retain this contract they will have to be competitive on price, something they probably will be seeing what the effect of losing this contract would be on their Norwich base.

Heard down the grapevine that Weststar & Gulf Helicopters are both bidding for this work as well which will sadly only accelerate the race to the bottom.

nowherespecial
14th Mar 2018, 20:35
FCP, what entities are Gulf and Weststar bidding through? As non EU operators they would need to be approved for all operations in the EU by EASA. Gulf have an entity in Malta for their work with Mellitah but that would not allow them (so far as I understand) to bid in the UK. I'm not aware that Weststar have an AOC in the UK or anything to do with EASA. Please shoot me down if I'm wrong, been a long day and brain frazzled.

finalchecksplease
14th Mar 2018, 22:04
NWS you are correct they need EU AOC's to bid for the Perenco work in Norwich which they both now have I was told. They are not UK CAA ones and I'm not sure in which EASA country they have their respective AOC in, maybe somebody on here has that info.

nowherespecial
15th Mar 2018, 17:39
https://www.easa.europa.eu/download/tco-lists/TCO%20Status%20Report.pdf

Found it. Gulf can fly on their Qatari AOC in Europe but no sign of Weststar. However, that doesn't mean they haven't bought a business in Europe which is 'European' with them as a shareholder.

minigundiplomat
15th Mar 2018, 23:19
LMAO - because there is such a shortage of capacity in the North Sea market........