PDA

View Full Version : Aegean DEC

Cirrussy
12th Mar 2018, 14:34
The job market is looking pretty good at the moment with plenty of opportunities out there. Whilst weighing up my options, I notice that info is sparse on here regarding Aegean.

Does anyone have any information regarding rostering, common basings, etc for Airbus DECs? It looks like they have an interesting route network.

Why are they needing to hire DECs if it’s such a good gig?

(I have the details on the financial package already)

Thanks

CaptainProp
13th Mar 2018, 10:53
(I have the details on the financial package already)

I think you answered your own question there. The pay is too low to keep people and they are losing more people than they have capacity to train.

CP

Callone
13th Mar 2018, 18:13
They have been advertising for a very long time. Do you mind sharing the pay details here or by pm? I know they have 2 contracts, one for locals and one for foreigners.
I am interested on the contracts as well, if you don't mind sharing.
Thanks

Cirrussy
13th Mar 2018, 19:51
Standby...

Cirrussy
13th Mar 2018, 19:56
Basic Salary:

Full time rate of €8100. Pay is gross. Swiss social security will be deducted at source. Crew can apply to work part time during the winter season and the following rates will be applied: €450 per duty period

Training:

Salary will not be paid during training but a per diem of €250 gross of social costs will be paid per duty day during training. (Paid for 7-10 days, then full salary)

Accommodation Allowance:

Hotac accommodation provided by the airline. Alternatively housing allowance of €1000 will be payable for crew members who intend to work 15 duty days or more per month.

Annual leave:

Two days accrued per calendar month worked.

Cirrussy
13th Mar 2018, 20:00
If it's just the financial package that lets them down, it seems such a shame that they won't increase it. The pay (especially considering that pension contributions are going to have to come out of your net pay) does leave a lot to desire.

On the other hand, a warmer climate sounds good... And before you go there - I'm not going to the sandpit!

Cheers

Cirrussy
13th Mar 2018, 22:18
Yes that doesn't make much sense to me, either. I wondered if maybe their office was in Switzerland?