PDA

View Full Version : EK: Is EGT leaving EK?

perthbound
11th Mar 2018, 16:43
Someone who says they are in the know says EGT is on his way out and has submitted his resignation letter.

Has anyone heard anything?

Maybe he is going to become the night manager at the Winchester hotel (Inside joke from a few years ago)

Talparc
11th Mar 2018, 18:53
The only place for him is North Korea!

SOPS
11th Mar 2018, 19:51
North Korea is the only place that would have him,

Emma Royds
11th Mar 2018, 21:13
https://i.imgur.com/45Ti27D.jpg

The uniform will probably be more to his liking anyway.

flareflyer
12th Mar 2018, 09:04
Who is EGT????

kcar
12th Mar 2018, 09:51
Who is EGT????
Evil Goblin Tim?
I don’t know actually but curious too..

PositiveRate876
12th Mar 2018, 10:14
Who is EGT????

Everyone at EK knows who EGT is. Just ask around.
Hint: A not very well liked management type from the DDR.

olster
12th Mar 2018, 12:49
EG is East German and the T is a well known pejorative term in Anglo Saxon expletive deleted world. Go figure.

MaverickPrime
12th Mar 2018, 12:51
Exhaust Gas Temperature? ironically...

Flyboy010
12th Mar 2018, 13:48
Everyone at EK knows who EGT is. Just ask around.
Hint: A not very well liked management type from the DDR.

What is EGT and DDR!!? Anymore hints?

BANANASBANANAS
12th Mar 2018, 14:22
What is EGT and DDR!!? Anymore hints?

Irrespective of how well liked, or otherwise, our managers may, or may not, be, it is alarming to see such a high turnover of expat senior managers in the last year or so.

Flyboy; DDR = Deutsche Democratic Republic = East Germany (EG) pre Nov 1989 when the wall came down.

T, I am sure you can work out for your self.

fatbus
12th Mar 2018, 17:00
Must be a new hire not to know EGT

victorpapa
12th Mar 2018, 18:28
Hope his new joiners interview goes ‘well’ 😉🤣

Wizofoz
13th Mar 2018, 00:02
Must say, I always though the animus toward EGT was out of proportion- sure he has a pretty abrupt demeanor, but in my dealings with him he was always fair and did what he could to help.

Still, he was a very dedicated company man, so if he's leaving it does not arguer well for EK?

The.Humble.Guy
13th Mar 2018, 00:17
Must be a new hire not to know EGT

Been here for just under 10 years and have no clue who “EGT” is.

desertcamel
13th Mar 2018, 01:15
Been here for just under 10 years and have no clue who “EGT” is.

My guess... German, Management, B777

Wizofoz
13th Mar 2018, 05:23
East.German.T@@T.

Not agreeing with the sentiment, just letting people know.....

Talparc
13th Mar 2018, 08:37
OMG ��
What a great threat, so any news where he is heading?

PositiveRate876
13th Mar 2018, 10:54
OMG ��
What a great threat, so any news where he is heading?

Thread or threat?

Must be the new briefing format propaganda.

Threat: EGT Mitigation: He's leaving!

Monarch Man
13th Mar 2018, 11:22
Must say, I always though the animus toward EGT was out of proportion- sure he has a pretty abrupt demeanor, but in my dealings with him he was always fair and did what he could to help.

Can’t say Wiz that your experience with him would be described as typical. I had occasion to have a man to man discussion with him over the way he was interacting with the crew when he was augmenting on a ULR, his backdown was precipitous as he is the classic personification of a workplace bully, company man or otherwise, good riddance in my view.

SOPS
13th Mar 2018, 12:37
I dont believe he is leaving. Im not convinced anyone else would have him. Always struck me as as a sad and angry man who could not really fly himself, so took great joy in hiding in is office cubicle on the ground and berating those that actually did the job when they made the smallest of mistakes. I had was grounded for a few months and had to do office duties. Interacting with him and watching him interact with others always made me wonder how he got the job in the first place.

LivingINtheDream
13th Mar 2018, 14:46
I dont believe he is leaving. Im not convinced anyone else would have him. Always struck me as as a sad and angry man who could not really fly himself, so took great joy in hiding in is office cubicle on the ground and berating those that actually did the job when they made the smallest of mistakes. I had was grounded for a few months and had to do office duties. Interacting with him and watching him interact with others always made me wonder how he got the job in the first place.

I think you answered your own question. He is the model employee for ek, the personification of fear and intimidation. A henchman to carry out punishment as a result of subjective and prejudiced justice. All tactics he aquired growing up admiring the invader’s khakis all the while polishing his standard issue Antonov 2.

Flyboy010
13th Mar 2018, 21:51
Irrespective of how well liked, or otherwise, our managers may, or may not, be, it is alarming to see such a high turnover of expat senior managers in the last year or so.

Flyboy; DDR = Deutsche Democratic Republic = East Germany (EG) pre Nov 1989 when the wall came down.

T, I am sure you can work out for your self.

Hahahaha... good one , yes I can certainly guess who T is

cerbus
14th Mar 2018, 22:20
What other “Chief” has failed two PPCs, had a noise violation and would stay in the cockpit on his break during ULRs?
He always bragged the he flew in the DDR but that is nothing to put on your CV. What did he make 200 DM a month? What a gift he is towards aviation and his management style would make Erich Honecker proud. Bully all around.

Talparc
15th Mar 2018, 07:19
S T A S I at its best

JAARule
16th Mar 2018, 05:33
He's gruff and with little clue about social norms but I've always found him "fair" in a long, roundabout way.
His bark is worse than his bite.
You should be more worried about what will inevitably replace him.

Desdihold
22nd Mar 2018, 16:35
Departure date is late June for EGT.

He has been burning off vacation and pressing 2 quiet a bit over the last few months .

RUB 1 OUT
24th Mar 2018, 06:48
No big loss,

A bully, but when confronted a mouse. No people skills good luck in Kenya..

bobjones
30th Mar 2018, 11:47
He was the only GUY I came very close to failing on an ALT. Treated the cabin crew appallingly during briefing, then proceeded to produce his own BLT to do the takeoff data, hello ! Advising he had approval to do so. Non standard SOPS he thought it was a better way , stuffed up the approach and landed 2000’ I and rolled thru to the end at DXB, nil reverse. (Day Vmc) .l wrote him up and he refused to sign the document, the next week became dcpb, what more can I say.Bob

olster
1st Apr 2018, 00:06
He was the only GUY I came very close to failing on an ALT. Treated the cabin crew appallingly during briefing, then proceeded to produce his own BLT to do the takeoff data, hello ! Advising he had approval to do so. Non standard SOPS he thought it was a better way , stuffed up the approach and landed 2000’ I and rolled thru to the end at DXB, nil reverse. (Day Vmc) .l wrote him up and he refused to sign the document, the next week became dcpb, what more can I say.Bob

Sums up Emirates...

repulo
1st Apr 2018, 08:38
You wrote him up? Congrats to that, your layover would be very lonely in my crew!

BANANASBANANAS
1st Apr 2018, 09:00
You wrote him up? Congrats to that, your layover would be very lonely in my crew!

'My' crew?

repulo
1st Apr 2018, 10:26
Yes bananas, my crew. Being a captain does involve more then occupying the LH seat, and with regard to your joining date you still remember that from the old days.
I always had and still have a problem with writing somebody up. Always preferred the face to face showdown, and yes, I can take negative feedba also.

Wizofoz
1st Apr 2018, 10:39
Yes bananas, my crew. Being a captain does involve more then occupying the LH seat, and with regard to your joining date you still remember that from the old days.
I always had and still have a problem with writing somebody up. Always preferred the face to face showdown, and yes, I can take negative feedba also.

So your trainers and examiners lie on their reports?

repulo
1st Apr 2018, 10:56
I tend to speak for myself. But yes, you do have a valid point during a check/training session.

SOPS
1st Apr 2018, 10:57
I think Bob did talk to him...and then fill out the Line Check form, as required, which EGT, failed to sign. I dont see the problem.

repulo
1st Apr 2018, 11:07
Point taken. I admittedly overread the fact that it was a check session.

Wizofoz
1st Apr 2018, 11:11
Point taken. I admittedly overread the fact that it was a check session.

All good- I agree line ops should stay within the crew.

BANANASBANANAS
1st Apr 2018, 12:25

I think I know what you mean but I am not sure that it is what you said.

'My' = possessive pronoun.

I too prefer face to face on the line but as this was a check event, the checker would have been failing in his duties had he not written him up.

repulo
1st Apr 2018, 12:57
I think I know what you mean but I am not sure that it is what you said.

'My' = possessive pronoun.

I too prefer face to face on the line but as this was a check event, the checker would have been failing in his duties had he not written him up.

Agree! And considering the “my” I assume we are pretty close.

I must admit that I possess a very alergic nerve to the write up theme. Had the pleasure to fly for an outfit rather north on the American continent. The atmosphere was poisoned by people writing each other up. Flight deck versus fight deck, cabin versus flight deck on regular flights. Never experienced that sort of mistrust before in a company.

But as said before an evaluation event is a different story and requires open feedbck, if necessary further action.

natops
1st Apr 2018, 15:38
Rumour goes,

LCC Berlin based or Aerologic, Leipzig...

Nothing confirmed...

White Knight
2nd Apr 2018, 05:33
Lucky guys and girls at LoCo Berlin or aerologic😳

Desdihold
19th May 2018, 22:36
Is egt still around ?