PDA

View Full Version : Chilean airline Latin American Wings suspends all flights

Heathrow Harry
11th Mar 2018, 11:52
Mmedia reports: Clarin reported that the Chilean airline Latin American Wings (LAW) - which was flying to the cities of Lima, Mendoza, Punta Cana, Port-au-Prince, Caracas and Miami- announced on Friday, 9 March, that it suspended all its regular operations and the sale of tickets.

Hotel Tango
11th Mar 2018, 12:01
Small outfit with 5 B737s. Started ops in January 2016. It's the airline business and they come and they go!

Sobelena
11th Mar 2018, 12:06
Tbh I don't rate the demise of some small South American operator as particularly newsworthy. Airlines go bust almost every week somewhere around the world.

TSR2
11th Mar 2018, 13:08
Tbh I don't rate the demise of some small South American operator as particularly newsworthy

So you would rather not know. Don't read then.

canberra97
11th Mar 2018, 13:10
I agree that it's not particularly newsworthy to Pprune especially considering that it is an airline that most would never had heard of otherwise these forums would be filled on a daily basis about airlines throughout the world ceasing operations.

Aviation sites such as ch.aviation have articles relating to airlines throughout the world ceasing operations on a regular basis sometimes a few a week but we don't tend to discuss them on these forums unless there relevant enough hence why myself and others have indicated that this airline ceasing operations is not particularly newsworthy.

Heathrow Harry
11th Mar 2018, 13:15
Jeez... then go back to worrying about Ryanair flights to/from Shannon or what might happen at Carlisle or Doncaster

A lot of people actually travel afar on here..................... and being stuffed by an airline failure in Chile is a damn sight tougher than anything similar happening in W Europe.................

Little Englanders!! Don't ya love 'em?????

N707ZS
11th Mar 2018, 13:36
Should try the DTVA thread, nothing newsworthy on there what so ever.

Some of us might be interested in an airline with 5 737s which might now be on the market.

canberra97
11th Mar 2018, 13:58
Jeez... then go back to worrying about Ryanair flights to/from Shannon or what might happen at Carlisle or Doncaster

A lot of people actually travel afar on here..................... and being stuffed by an airline failure in Chile is a damn sight tougher than anything similar happening in W Europe.................

Little Englanders!! Don't ya love 'em?????

I can assure you that I do travel afar having visited all of the Worlds continents bar from Antarctica, visited 93 countries and visited 327 places around the world ''little Englander'' I am definitely not.

Romanian Airline Taron Avia ceased operations on 23 February 2018
Venezuelan airline Aserca ceased operations on 18 February 2018

No threads regarding those two ceasing operations either!

davidjohnson6
11th Mar 2018, 14:35
Harry - this website seems to attract people from the UK and Ireland and as such much of the discussion is naturally focussed to people's back yards. I've been to all 7 continents and 100+ countries but I just am able to comment better on aviation in the UK than anywhere else in the world.

I've started multiple new threads on obscure airlines across Europe - and people have been kind enough to reply with useful info. Just because nobody has posted about an airline in the past is not a reason not to start a thread about them at all

AerRyan
11th Mar 2018, 21:01
Never heard of them, hence I do not care, and I'd assume many are on the same boat.

And yes, I am much more interested in Ryanair flights going to/from Shannon.