PDA

View Full Version : Work Experience

Frostywing
10th Mar 2018, 00:35
Hi all,

Just a quick one,

Im wondering if anyone knows if their current or other companies offer the chance for people to come in for unpaid work experience to build up their B license log books or just general experience; summer is coming and as an aspiring B1 engineer i am looking for a suitable placement whether that is a few weeks of shadowing an engineer or helping out with any possible tasks.

I currently hold 4 B modules and have experience working on a Jetstream 31 aircraft.

I have contacted a few part 145 companies but have yet to receive any feedback.

Thanks guys

RooDog
12th Mar 2018, 11:12
What is your location?

woptb
13th Mar 2018, 23:32
Hi all,

Just a quick one,

Im wondering if anyone knows if their current or other companies offer the chance for people to come in for unpaid work experience to build up their B license log books or just general experience; summer is coming and as an aspiring B1 engineer i am looking for a suitable placement whether that is a few weeks of shadowing an engineer or helping out with any possible tasks.

I currently hold 4 B modules and have experience working on a Jetstream 31 aircraft.

I have contacted a few part 145 companies but have yet to receive any feedback.

Thanks guys

Look for jobs in Malta, they take part qualified people & they pay!

N707ZS
14th Mar 2018, 06:59
If you live at Cardiff go and knock on some doors at St Athan or BA at the main city airport.

Yasin
15th Mar 2018, 10:10
Check Cathay Pacific careers website as they are recruiting now aircrafts mechanics to work in Heathrow Airport, good luck!

Jasonbrand_
21st Mar 2018, 13:35
I’m in a similar position. Have you found any more information?

Im new here but is there a thread that can clearly explain the experience requirements and what an approved training/background is?

Thanks