PDA

View Full Version : 3 Ship Typhoon over Essex today

orionsbelt
9th Mar 2018, 17:53
Hi Chaps /Chapes's
Nice to see the RAF in this area again.
Around 1220ish today, a 3 ship Typhoon section orbiting around the Boreham / Hatfield Peveral /Witham area, Observed 3 Orbits, estimated at 2000 feet in and out of low cloud.
Good to see, even better to hear. Put my tee shot into a flooded bunker on the Bunsey 4th!
Would be nice to know the reason for the visit?
Cheers ***

ACW342
9th Mar 2018, 17:59
Possibly MBS visiting Tessie May today. I did notice, briefly, a RSAF (Tornado?) over the Irish Sea this morning on 360Radar

ShyTorque
9th Mar 2018, 18:16
It was NOTAM'd. But they never actually tell you what they're there for.

Topcliffe Kid
9th Mar 2018, 18:58
Yes, saw them over N Bucks low and slow heading NE (home?)

POBJOY
9th Mar 2018, 19:31
Stapleford closed for an hour today due 'Typhoons'. Bit of a rest for the soggy grass.
On the news later that S A has confirmed order for Typhoons !!!!

Geezers of Nazareth
10th Mar 2018, 12:47
Those 3 Typhoons circling over Essex did a flypast at RAF Northolt, to 'impress' the visiting Saudis ... there was also a bit of kit on the ground at Northolt too.

The flypast was originally NOTAMed for 12.00z until 12.20z, but whilst they were buzzing around Essex they were passed the message that the VIPs were delayed in central London, and the flypast had been pushed back until 13.00z. This caused some concern as they would not have fuel to return home afterwards following the delayed flypast, and they then decided to drop into Brize for a top-up.

In the end, the flypast took place at 13.00z and they managed to get home without diverting.

GeeRam
10th Mar 2018, 14:29
Those 3 Typhoons circling over Essex did a flypast at RAF Northolt, to 'impress' the visiting Saudis ... there was also a bit of kit on the ground at Northolt too.

Aah.......that probably explains the Challenger MBT and a Warrior (I think) on the back of two Army tank transporters that I saw yesterday afternoon thundering south down the A312 heading towards the M4.