PDA

View Full Version : I didn't get the memo

Lonewolf_50
9th Mar 2018, 14:21
Apparently, globalist means Jewish. (WTF?)
When did this happen? (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/analysis-trump-called-gary-cohn-a-%E2%80%98globalist%E2%80%99-here%E2%80%99s-why-some-people-find-that-offensive/ar-BBK2Uz1?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp) I have always thought that the "2002 definition" was what people mean. (I don't think I started using the term until after I had read "The Lexus and the Olive Tree" by Thomas Friedman.)
“Globalism, at its core, seeks to describe and explain nothing more than a world which is characterized by networks of connections that span multi-continental distances,” Harvard political scientist Joseph Nye wrote in 2002 for a publication called ... the Globalist. “It attempts to understand all the inter-connections of the modern world — and to highlight patterns that underlie (and explain) them.” I am pretty sure that The Economist has been, in that light, a globalist publication for decades.

Is this more selective outrage, or is this just another case of me not getting the memo? :sad: :confused:

charliegolf
9th Mar 2018, 16:37
Apparently, globalist means Jewish. (WTF?)
When did this happen? (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/analysis-trump-called-gary-cohn-a-%E2%80%98globalist%E2%80%99-here%E2%80%99s-why-some-people-find-that-offensive/ar-BBK2Uz1?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp) I have always thought that the "2002 definition" was what people mean. (I don't think I started using the term until after I had read "The Lexus and the Olive Tree" by Thomas Friedman.) I am pretty sure that The Economist has been, in that light, a globalist publication for decades.

Is this more selective outrage, or is this just another case of me not getting the memo? :sad: :confused:

In my case, thanks for including me out of the memo!:ok:

CG

ORAC
9th Mar 2018, 19:52
I believe the technical term is protocol rather than memo, as in “the protocols of......” Best read in the original Russian I understand.....

pattern_is_full
9th Mar 2018, 20:52
If you didn't get the memo, lonewolf, take it as a compliment. It means you don't frequent enough alt-right sites or publications (or even the spewings of Henry Ford).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_International_Jew

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses

It's the old, old lie - because of, and ever since, the fall of the Temple and the Diaspora, Jews have taken the whole world as their nation and cannot be counted on to be patriotic to any one country. E.G. they are anti-Nationalist.

Combined with prohibitions against usury (lending of money at interest) by many religions (but not Judaism) - which meant banking was often the only route to prosperity for jewish people in medieval times. A double-strike for Cohn.

I'm not justifying such nonsense - just describing it.

vapilot2004
9th Mar 2018, 20:53
ORAC, :ok:

The use of the term 'globalist' as a sort of dog whistle for "Jew", comes from certain right-wing, alt-right, white nationalist, and neo-Nazi groups - also known as core Trump supporters.

Ann Coulter spewed an anti-globalist tweet-storm, intended as a bad, racist joke less than 24 hours ago, and with aging at around 11 hours, picked up over 10,000 likes.
http://i65.tinypic.com/v7ecgp.png
http://i64.tinypic.com/dzv288.png

More from the conservative National Review:
rump has not only changed the Republican party and the conservative movement — if there still is one — he has also changed the very way we talk. “Globalist” is on the lips of the Right now.

I have friends who were staunch Goldwaterites and Reaganites for decades. Last year, they started using the word “globalist,” as an epithet. I was shocked. Had never heard them talk that way, or think that way.

This is what I call “Trump trickledown.” I’ve seen some of the best minds of my generation, and others, addled by Trump. It is a self-addling, though: They have done it to themselves. (Peer pressure contributes, of course. “Hop on the Trump Train or git crushed,” people tell you.)

What is a “globalist”? Someone who supports free trade? Recognizes the need for alliances with others? Understands the value of U.S. leadership in the world? Travels? Is it a synonym of “Reaganite”? Is it code for “Jew,” as “neocon” often is?

funfly
9th Mar 2018, 21:16
A Jew can be 'globalist' but it doesn't mean that all Globalists are jews.
Personally I describe myself as Internationalist.

Lonewolf_50
9th Mar 2018, 23:53
Thank you all, I do not care for people who like to appropriate words for some special meaning ... the US has been involved in international trade since before we were our own country, and we still are. You have to be a little bit globalist/internationlist if you want America's economy to keep thriving, don't you?

I'll add this off to "why I am getting sicker of political pundits" and have a neat rye.

treadigraph
10th Mar 2018, 01:20
I'm British... or am I Welsh? Wait! Cornish, cos that's where I was born. My cousins are Ozzies. Globalist? no. Racist? Nope. My best girl is Indian. I am a cosmopolitan internationalist. Pigeon-holed? Not me...

MG23
10th Mar 2018, 02:07
"Trump has not only changed the Republican party and the conservative movement — if there still is one — he has also changed the very way we talk. “Globalist” is on the lips of the Right now."

This is hilarious. Trump's election didn't make the right hate globalism. The right elected Trump because they hate globalism and everything it's done to their cultures.

If not, they'd also have to give him credit for the rise of nationalist parties all across the West.

West Coast
10th Mar 2018, 02:15
Much ado about nothing.

vapilot2004
10th Mar 2018, 03:38
The right elected Trump because they hate globalism and everything it's done to their cultures.

Our electoral system, along with a relative handful of uneducated white people in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan are the reason we got stuck with Rump. (well that and the fact his opponent wasn't exactly top drawer material either and of course then there's the Russians...)

This is hilarious. Trump's election didn't make the right hate globalism.

The right never hated globalism and the labor unions of the left eventually came to embrace it as well. Only a handful of the so-called economic/white nationalists, alt-right, Steve Miller/Bannonite/Rumpers are anti-globalist (and anti-Semitic/pro-white as it turns out too). Hilarious indeed.

Pardon my asking but exactly what echo chamber is your media ingress set to, MG23? This is two in the same day, my friend.

MG23
10th Mar 2018, 03:47
So you're saying that Trump is responsible for the rise of nationalist parties all over the West?

vapilot2004
10th Mar 2018, 03:55
In America, not the rise, so much as the coming out of the woodwork bit, like cockroaches when you turn the lights out. Trump didn't #MAGA, he made it ok to be racist, misogynist, and stupid again.

In other words, elements that have always existed, have been emboldened by their great orange leader, and rabble rousers like him - e.g. Le Pen.

West Coast
10th Mar 2018, 16:58
Our electoral system, along with a relative handful of uneducated white people

That’s a double edged sword, the “uneducated” vote is what got Obama elected.