PDA

View Full Version : MEP different training

michelda
9th Mar 2018, 07:40
Easa regulation:
All aircraft within the same class rating MEP require differences training, unless indicated otherwise in the list.

What does it mean?
If i’m flying with a PA 34 (Seneca 3) and I want to fly a PA 34 (Seneca 5) I need a different training?

Thanks for your help
D.

Whopity
9th Mar 2018, 08:01
What the regulation actually says is:FCL.710 Class and type ratings — variants
(a) In order to extend his/her privileges to another variant of aircraft within one class or type rating, the pilot shall undertake differences or familiarisation training.

(c) The differences training shall be entered in the pilot’s logbook or equivalent record and signed by the instructor as appropriate.

I would regard the differrence between a Senecca 3 and a Seneca 5 only requires familiarisation training.
GM1 FCL.710 Class and type ratings — variants. Differences and familiarisation training
(a) Differences training requires the acquisition of additional knowledge and training on an appropriate training device or the aircraft.
(b) Familiarisation training requires the acquisition of additional knowledge.
For Familiarisation Training read the Aircraft Manual, for Differences Training you will need an instructor to sign your logbook.

BillieBob
9th Mar 2018, 08:29
The definitive answer for differences training comes (via the manufacturer's OSD) from the EASA list of type ratings and licence endorsements (https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/20180212%20EASA%20T_R_List_Acft.pdf). Against the MEP(land) class rating are the following remarks:Class rating MEP (land)

Aircraft within the class rating MEP (land) are not listed individually in this
table, unless specific provisions have been established.

All aircraft within the same class rating MEP require differences training, unless
indicated otherwise in the list.Since it says "all aircraft" and not "all aircraft types" and there is no other indication in the list, it would suggest that differences training is required between the Seneca 3 and Seneca 5.

B737C525
9th Mar 2018, 12:01
That interpretation would mean that differences training would be required between two Seneca 3s...