PDA

View Full Version : Is this better use of my money than a Tesla car?

Lonewolf_50
8th Mar 2018, 14:14
I tip my cap to the gents and ladies who put this together.
The flying car is certified to fly under the rules of U.S. and European safety agencies but owners will need a pilot's licence. Pilots will also need access to a small airstrip to take off and land.
"Flying Car" certified. (https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/the-worlds-first-flying-car-you-can-buy-is-now-taking-orders/ar-BBJYqiH?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp)

Once I find the spare 300k euros to purchase one, I'd be very tempted.
It appears to be a new take on the autogyro.

So who will be getting one of these?

Saintsman
8th Mar 2018, 15:43
What's the point of a flying car when you have to go to an airstrip to take off and land? What you really want is to step outside, jump in and head to where you want to go.

That is okay, providing where you want to go has somewhere for you to land.

Then there is the problem of lots of other people trying to do the same thing. People flying when and where they want is a recipe for disaster. Therefore you would need to bring in regulation, which would end up meaning that you just couldn't step in and fly where you want and thereby defeating the whole purpose of a flying car.

Buy the Tesla, or better still, the new Jaguar.

Sallyann1234
8th Mar 2018, 16:03
There have been attempts at flying cars ever since Henry Ford's prototype killed its pilot in 1926.
I doubt this will be any more successful, except possibly as a rich man's toy.

flyingfemme
9th Mar 2018, 08:44
This has been around for quite a while. It is always "just about" to be ready. According to the news that I have seen it still hasn't passed its final certification hurdle and there is no indication what type of certification it will have. In the UK the autogyro certification (except for one type of German, factory built craft) does not allow night or IFR flying.