PDA

View Full Version : BMW RTTI (in the UK), is it worth it

nrn
7th Mar 2018, 21:01
Hello all,

My 320d didnt come with the BMW RTTI. Now I can retrofit it but I have to get the connected drive (240gbp) and then a subscribtion (40gbp per year).

Question is, is it worth it? Or am I better off using Waze?

ShyTorque
7th Mar 2018, 22:08
Glad to hear you haven't got a Right Tit Travelling Inside. ;)

favete linguis
7th Mar 2018, 22:41
Hello all,

My 320d didnt come with the BMW RTTI. Now I can retrofit it but I have to get the connected drive (240gbp) and then a subscribtion (40gbp per year).

FWIW, IMHO, IIRC, & SWMBO, no. LOL

Don Coyote
8th Mar 2018, 18:04
I have the professional media package and it works pretty well on the larger screen. Some of the connected drive features are pretty good and it is nice having it all integrated rather than needing a phone stuck to the screen. The connected drive normally comes in a three year package so it is worth checking if the 240gbp just for three years?

The RTTI is pretty accurate but the satnav is not always sensible in routing around the delays. For example, if there is a big delay on the motorway, the satnav will suggest leaving and joining at the same junction not taking into account that both slip roads will have queuing traffic just like the motorway. It also lists all the delays but does not allow you to select one particular traffic jam to avoid, instead you have to come up with a complete reroute.

If you like a clear windscreen then it is probably worth it (but not particularly cheap) if you intend to have your phone attached to the screen then I would save your money.

nrn
9th Mar 2018, 07:49
The 240gbp is for a lifetime (of the car).

Right now I’m using waze. However having my phone on is a huge distraction so I’d rather not.

Does it only give traffic info on the motorways or also on the roads in a city?

ThorMos
9th Mar 2018, 10:20
Hello all,

It's absolutely worth it is what i can say after 3,5 years of usage in mostly germany and europe. Just paid the 60,- for another years subscription.

nrn
9th Mar 2018, 10:48
Thanks all!