PDA

View Full Version : Superwoman two pilot flight to SFO.

donpizmeov
6th Mar 2018, 23:55
Check out the latest video. The Superwoman flight to SFO. Only shows two pilots. Perhaps the other two were camera shy or had a penis.

SOPS
7th Mar 2018, 04:20
Check out the latest video. The Superwoman flight to SFO. Only shows two pilots. Perhaps the other two were camera shy or had a penis.

Where does one find this video, Don?

Capn Rex Havoc
7th Mar 2018, 05:26
Don - the augmenting pilots were indeed of the weaker male species. The augmenting captain was from the bastion of female equality - India.

The cabin crew also had a large quantity of males in all cabins.

Much like a normal flight really.

donpizmeov
7th Mar 2018, 06:26
Wow. It's so unlike EK to misrepresent the truth.

Oh wait there...

SOPs,

Look: All-women Emirates crew operates world's biggest plane (http://m.gulfnews.com/amp/business/aviation/look-all-women-emirates-crew-operates-world-s-biggest-plane-1.2183540)

fatbus
7th Mar 2018, 06:37
Jealous pilots are a laugh!

falconeasydriver
7th Mar 2018, 07:09
I’m not jealous at all about the Superwomen, but I am jealous that now my former employer is values it’s pilots.

Look they even made a video :ugh:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4t1I-7lrSNo

givemewings
7th Mar 2018, 08:11
They missed a guy at 00:32 :E

But really, a 'all-female' flight wouldn't fit with their own SOP, wherever possible there is a min number of male cabin crew required for 'cultural and safety' reasons...

But I suppose I didn't see a claim that it was 'all female' just that it was 'majority female'.

donpizmeov
7th Mar 2018, 08:18
Read the title of the article again wings.

felixthecat
7th Mar 2018, 08:22
Yawn.....women fly planes......WoW that's newsworthy.
By highlighting it, it focuses on inequality.

MusingMonk
7th Mar 2018, 09:18
Don - the augmenting pilots were indeed of the weaker male species. The augmenting captain was from the bastion of female equality - India.

The cabin crew also had a large quantity of males in all cabins.

Much like a normal flight really.

Buddy what's with the racist remarks? It was not even necessary to make your point.

May I know from which superior race you belong to ?

arketip
7th Mar 2018, 10:16
The augmenting captain was from the bastion of female equality - India.

Isn't India the country with the highest percent of women pilots?

MusingMonk
7th Mar 2018, 10:58
Try reading the post again. I am more concerned about his first line.

Praise Jebus
7th Mar 2018, 11:01
I was on a flight to JFK once where we were all left handed...where was the film crew then?

olster
7th Mar 2018, 11:06
I am more impressed by the female engineers and push back supervisor. Piloting may appeal to certain women with perceived status and glamour attached but attracting women to engineering is more challenging.

stormfury
7th Mar 2018, 12:04
What about an all ginger crew, now that’s newsworthy!

Fuzuma
7th Mar 2018, 12:21
Yawn.....women fly planes......WoW that's newsworthy.
By highlighting it, it focuses on inequality.

Well said........

Capn Rex Havoc
7th Mar 2018, 13:15
Musing monk - Not racist and no racist remarks.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/best-and-worst-countries-for-women-the-full-list

givemewings
7th Mar 2018, 15:48
Don, that title is by GN, I meant that EK themselves did not appear to claim it was 'all female' in the video, merely a 'Superwomen' flight aka majority female

Their own headline reads: "Emirates gives centre stage to women"
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-gives-centre-stage-to-women#

Nikita81
7th Mar 2018, 20:12
I will leave my comment here for the sake of gender equality.

t_cas
7th Mar 2018, 23:15
This is worthy of a view for perspective.

http://https://youtu.be/aMcjxSThD54

RK Blue sky
7th Mar 2018, 23:20
Congratulations Monk. India is ranked #141 for women right after most Central African countries and most Middle East dictatorships. That says a lot.

JammedStab
7th Mar 2018, 23:46
People like MusingMonk who cry racism at the truth disgust me.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jan/03/india-rape-violence-culture

Nikita81
8th Mar 2018, 01:37
@t_cas
Link is broken.

ekpilot
8th Mar 2018, 06:41
What about an all male crew flight 🙄
Who cares!

t_cas
8th Mar 2018, 08:26
I think i fixed it.

Pasted with extra http stuff.

Apologies

glofish
8th Mar 2018, 08:29
Just waiting for the all ........... flight!

Fill in whatever suits your poor little agenda. :ugh::ugh::ugh:

donpizmeov
8th Mar 2018, 10:11
I disagree Glofish. If they took the time to plan and actually conduct a flight like this, good on them. But they are just too lazy.
But to manipulate what is filmed to make a normal flight appear to be something else is deceiving and typifies the way this place work.
Smoke and mirrors everywhere.

crewmeal
8th Mar 2018, 10:24
When's men's day? Oh sorry every day :-)

Gulf News
8th Mar 2018, 11:12
https://youtu.be/LYSZ6uE3mgY

Perhaps some ideas for Corporate Comms to put something together for a Sydney flight next Mardi Graz. 😜I’m sure it will go a long way to showing how open and tolerant the Middke East and Emirates are as an employer.

sealear
8th Mar 2018, 12:49
So many things wrong with that SFO video... Don't even know where to begin!

nakbin330
8th Mar 2018, 13:30
Jeepers guys, give it a break. It’s International Womens Day. The fact that a clip like this gets so many negative and sarcastic comments doesn’t give me much faith in what aviation will become. Say something positive or move on.

givemewings
8th Mar 2018, 14:37
Nakbin, I'm a female and I think if the video reflects the truth and it were really a concerted effort to send an all-female crew, great. But we know that it was not actually an 'all female' crew. Although granted EK themselves never claimed it as such.

IWD actually began as part of the suffrage movement (hence the colors of white, purple and green) so it's a little bit ironic that airlines belonging to countries where the leadership is not by democratic vote and also may have questionable treatment of women of all kinds try to use IWD as a publicity cause... if they are so pro women it should be every day and to all sorts of women, not just the ones that make good video content (ie cleaners, maids, etc etc)

Personally I would have liked to see clips from said women on how they got inspired to get into (engineering/dispatching/flying/ground ops) and what obstacles they had to overcome to get there that perhaps might not be faced by the average male in the same role. But maybe that doesn't look as warm and fuzzy in a video?

nolimitholdem
8th Mar 2018, 14:52
The implied premise that "when men do a job it's unremarkable, but when women do it it's special", is far more condescending to women than men. There are plenty of fields with far more female representation than male, yet if you made a video titled "Supermen: all male nursing ward" you'd get laughed out of the building. And rightly so.

Get back to me when we no longer feel the need to blow a trumpet every time a woman does something mundane. It only serves to accomplish the opposite of its apparent aim.

anson harris
8th Mar 2018, 16:12
The implied premise that "when men do a job it's unremarkable, but when women do it it's special", is far more condescending to women than men. There are plenty of fields with far more female representation than male, yet if you made a video titled "Supermen: all male nursing ward" you'd get laughed out of the building. And rightly so.

Completely missing the point. Women have been treated like second class citizens for centuries and still are. Anything that pushes forward their interests and highlights that a career like flying is just as open to women as it is to men is a good thing.

ironbutt57
8th Mar 2018, 17:40
Buddy what's with the racist remarks? It was not even necessary to make your point.

May I know from which superior race you belong to ?

the truth hurts sometimes

Nikita81
8th Mar 2018, 20:27
Completely missing the point. Women have been treated like second class citizens for centuries and still are. Anything that pushes forward their interests and highlights that a career like flying is just as open to women as it is to men is a good thing.

Of course it is. Thank you.

Ex NAV
9th Mar 2018, 07:03
Air India operated an all women International crew some time ago on a 777.
As Indian law requires a male FA to be present to serve alcohol, 1 male was "hidden" so they could circumvent this requirement - go figure

MusingMonk
9th Mar 2018, 10:28
People like MusingMonk who cry racism at the truth disgust me.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jan/03/india-rape-violence-culture

Well if I disgust you, why not check out this link.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Rapes/Per-capita

It's not a media hype article by a western media newspaper. It's based on numbers. It's actually quite interesting to see the top contenders.

Before you copy paste some crappy article you should do some actual research next time.

I am actually disgusted by the unnecessary comments made by some people on this forum. People who clearly are unfit to fly in a multicultural company.

Apart from few people who genuinely write some good posts, most of the other guys hide behind a username to take pot shots at other colleagues.

Well, next time you fly with some third world country colleague, try an ask about his background and education. You might be surprised to discover that the person sitting next to you is more educated and has a proper bachelors or masters along with flying experience.

Why don't you try and read your own history for a start .. You might actually find some really disgusting stuff there.

Cheers

Capn Rex Havoc
9th Mar 2018, 15:16
Monk - Ok so I clicked on your nationwide link - (I'm bored) - so here is the Definition of that survey - Number of sexual assaults recorded by police in that country per 100,000 population. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.

What is the definition of sexual assault?

Anyhow, you are right, I am sorry, India is not on the list - and New Zealand IS NUMBER 2.

Ok - So in any future time, when I fly with a sheep shagging kiwi(perhaps the sexual assault wasn't restricted to humans), I will be reminded that they are number 2 in the world for sexual assaults and that India, is not even on the spectrum.

You state - Why don't you try and read your own history for a start .. You might actually find some really disgusting stuff there.

Too right - back in the day some bad juju went down - Romans pillaging, Norse invadings, English - Don't get me started on the English - But hey, let us just look at the last 10 years say - I am pretty sure that the Norway of the last 10 years is pretty much more socially agreeable than 2000 years ago.

Well, next time you fly with some third world country colleague, try an ask about his background and education. You might be surprised to discover that the person sitting next to you is more educated and has a proper bachelors or masters along with flying experience.

Yep - See this - (Caveat - this article is from an Indian source)

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/north/story/india-engineering-graduates-cannot-solve-simple-mathematical-problems-101371-2012-05-07

I am 1000 percent agreeable to women doing any and every profession that they desire. I find it supercilious to see this video from a UAE company, when if one was to take a survey of the females holding the top positions in any government or industry position in the UAE is probably - Less than 1. Look at EK for example, it is littered with female SVPs.

Cheers

Rex

nolimitholdem
9th Mar 2018, 16:24

Yes, yes, I know. That's the popular feminist refrain these days, kudos for reciting it from memory. But I've always considered women at least my equal, so thanks for providing some amusement for both myself and my wife.

Just pointing out that "pushing forward the interests" of any specific group is not exactly the definition of equality, is it now?

nolimitholdem
9th Mar 2018, 16:37
Actually my posting was prompted by the eye-rolling and general derision exuded by my better half after seeing the video. She hates being pandered to. Strangely, she didn't quite see it as a blow being struck for women everywhere. More like cynical cheesy propaganda. No disrespect to the women IN the video, just to those who made it. Who, as she pointed out, probably weren't women.

But then, she's always been a critical thinker. God, I love that woman.

givemewings
10th Mar 2018, 04:16
Well nolimit, it depends. If the interests of one group are behind another, pushing them forward so they have equal consideration to me shows equality. neither should be ahead or behind the other. But bringing one up to sit level with the other I have no issue with.

Rex, the interesting phrase being Number of sexual assaults recorded by police

Somehow I get the feeling the judicial system in NZ makes it a lot easier for a victim to come forward and report that those of some other countries. So there's also that to consider...

And one more thought... history is 'history' because it's in the past. If the terrible things that went on are STILL going on to the same degree with no reduction or attempt to slow them, then it can't really be called history, can it?

laardvark
10th Mar 2018, 04:59
Just waiting for the all ........... flight!

Fill in whatever suits your poor little agenda. :ugh::ugh::ugh:

time to refloat TWA ?:ouch:

harry the cod
10th Mar 2018, 05:26
nolimitholdem/Seaman

I can't believe you allow your women access to these videos. Why let them entertain the idea that such jobs are attainable by the weaker sex? I hate men who build these women's hopes up, only for them to be shattered by reality. There are only three types of women; the intelligent, the beautiful and the majority! My ball and chain simply doesn't have the time with all the jobs and chores I give her. That's precious time that could be spent mopping floors, washing, ironing, cooking etc. She's been complaining recently that her watch is broken along with the vacuum cleaner. No need to fix the watch, there's a clock above the oven. As for the vac, why the hell should I fix it? I never use the damn thing!

There's only one thing in this life worse than a male chauvinist and that's a woman who won't do as she's told!

You guys are too soft!

Harry

Monarch Man
10th Mar 2018, 05:40
Still Harry, for them it could be worse they could be married to you.

The Outlaw
10th Mar 2018, 06:17
Yawn....last I checked the calendar, it told me the year is 2018. We've had women pilots since Amelia Earhart and many, many since. This video that "the firm" has put their pride behind might belong in 1970 but not 2018, just another indication of how far out of touch the management is with the times.

Both of the pilots are good operators and have earned their right to be there...its almost feels like there is a special "good for you" patronizing overtone about these videos that just don't belong in these times.

I think "the firm" should publish a video about how they push their pilots (including the fairer sex :O) to work 100 plus hours per month, 20 % more than most first world airlines. Perhaps it could show how a pilot goes from waking up in the evening to getting sacked for some minor mistake borne out of excessively complicated procedure, fatigue or inability to observe or take over from an observers position.

Not that would be video worthy!

Global Aviator
10th Mar 2018, 07:01
Now how many airlines still don’t employ women....

turbulence_fl360
10th Mar 2018, 14:32
SQ(All of SQ subsidiaries have female pilots tho), Saudia comes to my mind:8

Praise Jebus
10th Mar 2018, 15:15
Never understood the idea of IWD... what about the other 364 days? There is even an International Vasectomy Day ffs. Whilst the merit of the day and the video are questionable, the video has achieved a result. That result is evident here with a discussion about equality in the work place. That alone is a good thing.

givemewings
11th Mar 2018, 04:35
SQ(All of SQ subsidiaries have female pilots tho), Saudia comes to my mind:8

I'm pretty sure Saudia has female pilots, I remember the joke going around that while they land it are they allowed to taxi at a KSA airpirt?? : E

iggy
11th Mar 2018, 06:06
Now how many airlines still don’t employ women....

Thai Airways doesn't hire female pilots, even their own national ones.

turbulence_fl360
11th Mar 2018, 06:48
@givemewings

Must be from one of those wetleased airplanes. Saudia are yet to hire women pilots.

Townie
11th Mar 2018, 11:42
Wasn't too long ago that EK didn't either.

Midland Alpha9
11th Mar 2018, 12:20
nolimitholdem/Seaman

I can't believe you allow your women access to these videos. Why let them entertain the idea that such jobs are attainable by the weaker sex? I hate men who build these women's hopes up, only for them to be shattered by reality. There are only three types of women; the intelligent, the beautiful and the majority! My ball and chain simply doesn't have the time with all the jobs and chores I give her. That's precious time that could be spent mopping floors, washing, ironing, cooking etc. She's been complaining recently that her watch is broken along with the vacuum cleaner. No need to fix the watch, there's a clock above the oven. As for the vac, why the hell should I fix it? I never use the damn thing!

There's only one thing in this life worse than a male chauvinist and that's a woman who won't do as she's told!

You guys are too soft!

Harry

Brilliant what a chuckle

Nikita81
11th Mar 2018, 12:27
Of course this video is propaganda and of course it's just following the trend without any true notion of what women's rights really are or how they manifest, but some of your reactions to it are really disturbing, including harry's who, for example, supports it just because it's EK's. He doesen't give a sh... about women's rights. Same as EK.

givemewings
11th Mar 2018, 13:20
Yep, it's my plane brain (thanks EK) it was a Brunei crew flying into KSA

donpizmeov
11th Mar 2018, 13:21
That is not true. Harry allows his wife an entire day off on the weekend. Gives her time to catch up on the ironing and things without being under as much pressure.

Emma Royds
11th Mar 2018, 16:32
BA operated a 767 on IWD with a all female crew. Easyjet seemed to have operated a few flights with the same and Thomas Cook is claiming one as well.

Maybe an all male crew is more noteworthy nowadays?

rcsa
11th Mar 2018, 18:01
Kenya Airways rostered an all-female 787 last year. They made a much cooler (and less patronising) vid about the crew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrYZqLCBPGo

recceguy
12th Mar 2018, 10:23
It just appeared yesterday that a Turkish company had rostered an all-female passenger flight, flown by an all-female crew.

sealear
12th Mar 2018, 10:33
Agree that Kenya video is much better.

TURIN
12th Mar 2018, 10:41
I am more impressed by the female engineers and push back supervisor. Piloting may appeal to certain women with perceived status and glamour attached but attracting women to engineering is more challenging.

At least they got a mention. Big Airways did this stunt the other day. No female engineers in sight.

hairpin
12th Mar 2018, 14:06
Canada 3000 had an all female B757 flight crew from Montreal to Paris about 20 years ago. It was no big deal back then.

recceguy
12th Mar 2018, 18:15
We managed to get a crew where everybody was wearing glasses.

Flyboy_SG
14th Mar 2018, 00:50
Even now it’s a no big deal guys. Remember we have female astronauts.
Just a marketing strategy to keep their flag flying high.