PDA

View Full Version : Here is how I get around this one...

Fliegenmong
6th Mar 2018, 08:30
.....I avoid QANTAS....it's been working great for us for years now!! :ok:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/travel/qantas-staff-told-to-avoid-gender-inappropriate-terms-like-wife-and-husband/news-story/068e9769c30a180b182ab8020a2d0e50

I mean really.....I'd be offended if they DIDN'T refer to my wife of 20+ years as my WIFE!!....I am not likely to be offended by QF ....

pr00ne
6th Mar 2018, 08:54
Does she not have a name? Why are you not HER HUSBAND?

vapilot2004
6th Mar 2018, 09:13
Learned a new term today.
Employees were also told to “minimise manteruptions”, which refers to men interrupting while women are speaking.

“Research shows that in many situations, including the workplace, men interrupt and speak over women, while the reverse rarely happens,” the pack reads.

All these years, I thought it was mainly due to just trying to get a word in between breaths. ;)

charliegolf
6th Mar 2018, 09:21
When my daughter was born in a military hospital, the sign above my 'partner's' bed read, 'wife of Sgt Golf'. Soon after, the ripped up sign on the floor said....

CG

teeteringhead
6th Mar 2018, 12:01
Ah CG, that was the military way. Milady Teeters too grew tired of being W/O (wife of, not Warrant Officer) Teeters773.

But karma came to me one day at the Teeterettes Primary School Disco - many years ago. A blonde "Yummy Mummy" kept making eye contact and smiling at me .... well, it's nice to know you still can even if you don't want to!

YM beckons me over and opens the conversation with: "I think your wife is wonderful!" (Milady was Practice Nurse at the Village Surgery at the time.)

YM's husband approaches and YM introduces us: "Oh, this is .... errr..... errr ... Sister Teeter's husband!"

UniFoxOs
6th Mar 2018, 14:25
“Research shows that in many situations, including the workplace, men interrupt and speak over women, while the reverse rarely happens,” the pack reads.

They didn't research anywhere I've been then.

RAT 5
6th Mar 2018, 18:58
If you are to gender neutralise male/female terminology, how do you replace father/ mother; son/daughter, nephew/niece, aunt/uncle etc. etc.

Someone somewhere needs to yell, STOP, very forcibly. Life has enough confusions and causes for WTF without inventing and seeking out more.

FullOppositeRudder
6th Mar 2018, 21:30
Research shows that in many situations, including the workplace, men interrupt and speak over women, while the reverse rarely happens...”

The 'researchers' obviously missed the Jordan Peterson TV interview with whatshername.

cavuman1
6th Mar 2018, 21:50
Good Sir,

A story dedicated to your recent miseries awaits you on the Medical & Health thread, subject: "A Delicate One".

Enjoy!

- Ed :p