View Full Version : Don't have all your eggs in one basket!

Turbsy
15th Jun 2001, 16:54
Hi all,

How many times have I heard that. Its good advice I know. I have just two more exams to go in the Leaving cert, and feel I should do pretty well come Augusts's results. So full time flight training is around the corner at last.

Like many of you, I want a flying career, always have and always will. I don't mind if Iam a flight instructor for the rest of my life, I just want to make a living out of it. With my class 1 medical coming up later this year, I have to be prepared for bad news. I feel fine, and hope any problems that do arise in the medical can be quickly put right.

Anyway, my question I pose to all of you fellow wannabes is, what other type of career in aviation would you follow, if for some reason you failed your class 1 at some stage or weren't getting anywhere in the direct entry route?

ATC would be something that I would be interested in, but I need to have a few more options that I could go for, where the pay was reasonably good. Basically just looking for some feedback in relation to other alternatives to commercial flying (Aviation related), that most of you are considering or have as something to fall back on.

Thanks,
Best regards,

Turbsy
Ireland

[This message has been edited by Turbsy (edited 15 June 2001).]

jetset737
16th Jun 2001, 01:12
If I dont get flynig Im going to do Aero.Eng in Limerick.
Check your e-mail I mailed you, please Reply

Sagey
16th Jun 2001, 03:45
If you fail your Class 1 Medical you cannot be an ATC, as a Class 1 is requirement.

Sagey

Turbsy
16th Jun 2001, 15:55
Thanks for your info lads, appreciate it.
Best wishes,

Turbsy