PDA

View Full Version : Accidents to aircraft on the British register publication

Jhieminga
5th Mar 2018, 13:02
I recently saw a HMSO publication titled 'Accidents to aircraft on the British register / 1968'. There were two incidents mentioned in there that interested me but I forgot to note down all the details. Is anyone able to point me towards a copy of this publication, does anyone have a copy stashed away or hiding on their bookshelves perhaps? I'd like to avoid buying the entire publication just for two paragraphs, so I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to scan or photograph the relevant pages for me. I guess there will be a copy in the archives at Kew, but I'm not able to go there anytime soon unfortunately.

In addition, are there publications like this one for other years as well? What I'm looking for are incidents involving VC10s other than the well-known hull-loss accidents. If you have one of these publications, covering other years between 1962 and 1981, and would be willing to have a look through them, I would really appreciate it! :ok:

oldchina
5th Mar 2018, 15:41
J Hieminga,
Confused, I am.
I thought you wrote the VC-10 website that contains a list of incidents and accidents.

DaveReidUK
5th Mar 2018, 16:02
I have most, but not all, of those from 1964 onwards (including 1968).

What do you need?

rog747
5th Mar 2018, 16:31
also the loss at BEY of the ghana leased a/c to MEA in an israeli attack 1968 9G-ABP

Jhieminga
5th Mar 2018, 18:06
J Hieminga,
Confused, I am.
I thought you wrote the VC-10 website that contains a list of incidents and accidents.
Correct, but I never claimed this to be THE list of all incidents and accidents ;) The main hull-loss accidents are well known and some of the incidents that have received attention in the press are also easy to cover. Still, I continue to stumble across many, less significant but still interesting, incidents that I'd like to include on my site. For example:
What do you need?
In the 1968 one, there are two VC10 related incidents mentioned. I managed to take a quick photo of the page that includes a paragraph about G-ASGK, which had a hard landing. The one I missed is on one of the first 10 pages (at a guess) and is a description of an incident where G-ARVM lost a wheel. I would really appreciate a quick photo or scan of that page or the relevant paragraph.

As for the other ones, I realise that this would take more time but basically I'm after any incident that includes a VC10 and is not yet covered on this page: Incidents and Accidents (http://www.vc10.net/History/incidents_and_accidents.html)
Feel free to say no, but if you're up for a bit of a search, I would appreciate it if you could flick through the other years to see if there's anything in there. I'd happily do it myself if I could, but as I'm based in Amsterdam it's a bit of a trek (guessing you're in the UK). I'll put my e-mail address in a PM if you're up for this. Many thanks!