PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet

Davef68
5th Mar 2018, 09:47
EZY get bashed a lot on here and elsewhere (Sometimes with justification) but they were brilliant to me the last few days after I got weather delayed in the SE of England.

4 hotel nights and meals all provided. You can say they were obliged to, but they didn't make it difficult either.

Hotel Tango
5th Mar 2018, 09:59
Not entirely sure that EZY get bashed that much. That's generally reserved for RYR! I have always had the impression that EZY are a pretty decent lot.

wiggy
5th Mar 2018, 10:07
Agreed HT.

As you may know rumour has it that management at EZY did a better job than others at appearing to have a Duty of care/give a t*** about the wellbeing of their crew members during last week's bad weather...

Ignore the HUD
5th Mar 2018, 10:59
Agree generally find EZY OK but they seem to be running late more often then not, maybe its just my luck.
I also find their app useful , last time I flew with them I'd just got sat down on the aircraft and "ping" it notified me of a 90 minute delay. Showed this to the crew and the Captain made an announcement straightaway to confirm this..

Cirrussy
5th Mar 2018, 11:56
I will avoid Ryanair like the plague - certainly will not spend my own money with them. EasyJet, in my opinion, are in a different league.

ExXB
5th Mar 2018, 12:23
When things go pear shaped, either due to the airline or force majeure, the Network airlines do a better job than the locos.

At many airports the locos don’t even have anyone to talk to.

easyflyer83
5th Mar 2018, 17:09
I must admit, easyJet doesn’t seem to get bashed that much. Of course, you will read the usual grumbles etc but I’d say, in the UK, BA gets a much harder time...... probably due to people having high expectations.

The perception that easyJet gets slated a lot probably comes from ‘airline’....... even all these years later!

Beavis_
17th Mar 2018, 17:32
Here you go then; I fly every week EDI to CPH and return same route. RyanAir out and EasyJet In. I much prefer RyanAir.

Problem is EasyJet don't seem to be able to get a flight to leave on time, which means I often miss my train down to Newcastle. They also seem keen to put hand luggage into the hold, even when I explain that I've got a tight connection at my destination. I also noticed that the cabin crew had taken up a fair bit of hand luggage space with their cases.
Maybe its a bit unfair to call out their lateness, as its the first flight of the day for RyanAir, and late evening for EasyJet.

Also just noticed that after all the cancelations at the start of this month (March) due to weather (Beast from the East) - they still managed to charge me a "Admin Fee" of £15 when I changed my flight - pretty sure the web site had said it was for free.

Beavis_
17th Mar 2018, 19:48
Now I could scream! RyanAir doesn't seem to run that route during the summer.
So I'm booking with EasyJet and trying to work out how to purchase 'fast track' through security, nothing on their website. Phoned up and was told its part of the ticket if you buy an "upfront seat".
Ticket bought and nothing about fast-track security, phoned up again and it's obvious that I was given wrong advise in the first call.
I did explain in both calls that I don't mean fast track boarding, I mean fast track through the airport security.

longer ron
17th Mar 2018, 23:44
Re Cabin bags on Easyjet - I never had a problem with cabin bags - but then again mine was always small enough to fit under the seat in front of me if I absolutely had to.I also always checked in early and watched the screens like a hawk - then got to the gate fast to be near the front of the queue for boarding.
I do realise that it is not possible to always check in early due to work/traffic etc but is usually worth the effort.
Speedy boarding is a joke - I usually boarded a milli second behind the speedies :)

ExXB
18th Mar 2018, 07:20
Beavis,
Security is run by the airport, not the airline. LGW offers fast-track security (and passport control) but you have to buy from their web-site.

Easy offers their club members and others access to expedited security at ‘selected airports’. Geneva yes, BRS no for example. Info is buried on their web-site somewhere. Most access to these things is via your bar-coded boarding card. Give it a go next time.

Edited to add: As an easyJet Plus card holder, you can quickly get through security using the Fast Track security lane in the following 35 airports:
Aberdeen (ABZ)
Inverness (INV)
Munich (MUC)
Athens (ATH)
Lisbon (LIS)
Naples (NAP)
Basel (BSL)
Liverpool (LPL)
Newcastle (NCL)
Belfast (BFS)
London Gatwick (LGW)
Nice (NCE)
Brussels (BRU)
London Luton (LTN)
Paris Charles De Gaulle (CDG)
Budapest (BUD)
London Southend (SEN)
Paris Orly (ORY)
Cagliari Sardinia (CAG)
London Stansted (STN)
Porto (OPO)
Edinburgh (EDI)
Lyon (LYS)
Prague (PRG)
Faro (FAO)
Madeira Funchal (FNC)
Tallinn (TLL)
Geneva (GVA)
Manchester (MAN)
Toulouse (TLS)
Glasgow (GLA)
Milan Linate (LIN)
Venice (VCE)
Hamburg (HAM)
Milan Malpensa (MXP)

Fast Track will be added to your boarding pass if the airport you are flying from is part of the programme.You must add a valid easyJet Plus card membership number to your booking which will automatically display the Fast Track symbol on your boarding pass.
If you boarding pass doesn’t show the Fast Track symbol, this could mean that Fast Track security is not availableat that airport or you may not haveincluded your easyJet Plus membership number with your booking.
Once you are at the airport Follow the signs to Fast Track security and show the security agent your boarding pass to enter. If the Fast Track security gate is an automated system, you can scan your boarding pass barcode to enter. Please note that you cannot use your easyJet Plus card for Fast Track entry.From: https://plus.easyjet.com/faqs.aspx?#fasttrack

It doesn't appear that fasttrack security is available to anyone other than club members. Try the airport(s)

Here is EDI: https://book.edinburghairport.com/extras/only/1946552859 £4.49 per person.

Beavis_
18th Mar 2018, 17:13
Yeah, I'll be fast-tracking through the security early tomorrow morning for the early morning RyanAir flight. I'll ask them about next week when I'm using EasyJet.
Point was that it's pretty easy to buy this (£3.49) when booking flights with the RyanAir website, expected to see the same on the EasyJet website. I was a bit annoyed at the wrong advice given by their call centre.
I'll just buy it at the airport from now on, dependent upon the queue.

I'm also reviewing my route; may be easier to just fly NCL -> AMS (etc) -> CPH, but with a major airline.

olster
18th Mar 2018, 18:37
Flew on easyJet the other day. Really and truly just as awful as Ryanair. Somehow they appear to regard themselves as better. They're not. Just saying.

longer ron
18th Mar 2018, 20:55
I flew (mostly) with easyjet for a couple of years 'commuting' (mostly) BRS - GLA almost every week,what I liked about them was that it is a very logical and easy website to book on and if you block booked tickets as far in advance as possible it was dirt cheap.Generally speaking most of the flights departed roughly on time.The a/c were usually clean and tidy - most of the cabin crew were excellent and most of the Captains gave friendly info announcements.
I had a few bad delays caused by a/c problems but to be fair to EJ they usually paid compo with no quibbles,I did not always claim it but I did on a couple of really bad delays where there was a complete lack of practical/honest info given to the pax.

zapomatic
23rd Mar 2018, 13:06
Yeah, I'll be fast-tracking through the security early tomorrow morning for the early morning RyanAir flight. I'll ask them about next week when I'm using EasyJet.
Point was that it's pretty easy to buy this (£3.49) when booking flights with the RyanAir website, expected to see the same on the EasyJet website. I was a bit annoyed at the wrong advice given by their call centre.
I'll just buy it at the airport from now on, dependent upon the queue.

I'm also reviewing my route; may be easier to just fly NCL -> AMS (etc) -> CPH, but with a major airline.

If you'll be flying easyJet weekly it seems like you ought to buy their easyJet Plus membership which will get you fastrack security, an extra cabin bag, speedy boarding so your cabin bag won't get taken off you and let you select seats at the front of the plane for free for a quick escape.

Beavis_
27th Mar 2018, 09:55
I did consider joining the EasyJet members for these benefits, but their summer schedule has altered my flight plans. I may still do so.