PDA

View Full Version : Italian Elections

SOPS
5th Mar 2018, 05:38
Seems like the Italians have given the main stream parties and the EU in general a huge kick in the ar$e. Seems like your average Italian is sick of being invaded by most of Africa.

meadowrun
5th Mar 2018, 05:51
Then they try should electing something that assembles into something resembling an effective government. (key word - effective.)
How many since 1945?
46, 49, 53?

Barksdale Boy
5th Mar 2018, 06:06
A lot of Africa was probably sick of being invaded by the Italians.

Ascend Charlie
5th Mar 2018, 06:12
Silvio with the painted-on hairdo looked away from the breast , sorry, best exhibit of the campaign yesterday. And the dopey PC Brigade pixelled out the good bits. Where are the days where a bit of FFN(F)* was thoroughly appreciated on TV?

*Full Frontal Nudity(Female)

meadowrun
5th Mar 2018, 06:18
The world we live in.
Showing a female nipple on TV is illegal but people being killed is ok.
A plant is still largely illegal in many places. I'll drink to that, got a cigarette mate?
People still build things with fragile foundations and expect them to be robust and functional.

Jetex_Jim
5th Mar 2018, 06:27
Seems like the Italians have given the main stream parties and the EU in general a huge kick in the ar$e. Seems like your average Italian is sick of being invaded by most of Africa.
Is this because the CIA interfered this time or because they didn't?

Krystal n chips
5th Mar 2018, 06:50
A lot of Africa was probably sick of being invaded by the Italians.

I don't recall them having another go at Abyssinia ( or Ethiopia of course, depending on which era you are living in ) for some time now......

The last excursion wasn't exactly prolonged either and from a factual account, c/o my late father, they weren't at all averse to cutting the holiday short and enjoying British hospitality thereafter.

ORAC
5th Mar 2018, 07:06
https://youtu.be/Y7tvauOJMHo

KelvinD
5th Mar 2018, 08:28
To be fair to the Italians, I saw more than a couple of people interviewed on TV yesterday saying it wasn't so much the number of Africans that was annoying them, it was the EU allegedly dictating to them they must take more refugees, then refusing to allow them beyond Italy into the larger EU.

Thomas coupling
5th Mar 2018, 12:32
What a sorry state Italy is becoming. The infrastructure continues to decay, corruption still not properly addressed, politics in disarray.
Italians are reflected in their politicians:
Clowns / crooks / communists......
Technically - it must come close to being defined as a third world state.....no?

MG23
5th Mar 2018, 14:56
IMHO, Italy will leave the EU before Britain does.

Andy_S
5th Mar 2018, 16:06
Probably not, because I think they'll be a bit apprehensive about taking full responsibility for governing themselves. But the tide of Euroscepticism grows (see the Dutch PM's recent speech).

I do, however, predict that the response of Juncker, Verhofstadt, Macron etc will be to urge "even more Europe"........

scr1
5th Mar 2018, 16:45
What a sorry state Italy is becoming. The infrastructure continues to decay, corruption still not properly addressed, politics in disarray.
Technically - it must come close to being defined as a third world state.....no?

Like this country is heading as well

dook
5th Mar 2018, 16:55

Let's therefore hope that they don't end up with a government with someone like May in charge.

rog747
5th Mar 2018, 17:02

yeah but the food is awesome - so is the coffee

Thomas coupling
5th Mar 2018, 17:45
Don't forget the:

Language.
Women.....mmmmmm.
Cars

Thomas coupling
5th Mar 2018, 17:46
Alright - they can stay!

G-CPTN
5th Mar 2018, 17:49
Before you marry a woman, look at her mother . . .

Highway1
5th Mar 2018, 18:20

They need to because EU membership has been an economic disaster for them.

Jetex_Jim
5th Mar 2018, 18:44
https://twitter.com/haveigotnews/status/970654738260905984

Chronus
5th Mar 2018, 19:43
If they do a ITEXIT does it mean The Treaty of Rome is automatically rescinded and we don`t need to suffer the pain and agony for another year or more. Just a thought, in desperation.

treadigraph
5th Mar 2018, 19:52
If they do a ITEXIT

I thought it was Quitaly...

Chronus
5th Mar 2018, 20:24
I thought it was Quitaly...

Arrivederci Roma sounds better

Lonewolf_50
5th Mar 2018, 23:31
To be fair to the Italians, I saw more than a couple of people interviewed on TV yesterday saying it wasn't so much the number of Africans that was annoying them, it was the EU allegedly dictating to them they must take more refugees, then refusing to allow them beyond Italy into the larger EU. I may be recalling incorrectly, but about 20 or so years ago, Umberto Bossi was making a lot of noise about trying to get Italy and Southern Italy sundered, since whatever was south of Rome was the third world ... or something like that. It seems that the complaints are heading more towards Brussels than Rome? (Have not been paying as close attention to Italian politics as I used to, and memory is vague ...)

SpringHeeledJack
6th Mar 2018, 13:35
I may be recalling incorrectly, but about 20 or so years ago, Umberto Bossi was making a lot of noise about trying to get Italy and Southern Italy sundered, since whatever was south of Rome was the third world ... or something like that. It seems that the complaints are heading more towards Brussels than Rome? (Have not been paying as close attention to Italian politics as I used to, and memory is vague ...)

You are correct, the 'mezzogiorno' was/is seen by the north as a different country in many ways.