PDA

View Full Version : Perforimng full racetrack

dzeus
4th Mar 2018, 23:21
Hi ,I have weird question . When we don't have to perform full racetrack procedure ? I know when we are vectored we don't have to and when else ? I always thought that if this is on vertical view we must make it. But when i read "ifr okl Rzeszow" they say that we can proceed without executing it , but there is no seasonable explanation. Please advice me , thanks a lot !

Banana Joe
5th Mar 2018, 07:18
Plate please?

tescoapp
5th Mar 2018, 08:25
Its to do with the options for Initial approach fix.

If the IF is in the race track then you have to do it unless cleared other wise.

As some airports have they have direct arrival procedures with the IF given on that plate you can do the procedure.

There is a bit of a real life V doing your IR about this question. Real life most would have zero hesitation about doing the procedure from an intermediate point with a relevant clearance.

Now the reason why they still have the racetrack procedure defined even though nobody apart from IR training flights will use it in a year....

Basically its to do with radio failure procedures and local procedures in the event of radar failure.

And the answer to the question when don't we have to do it...

When both parties Pilot and ATC agree that it doesn't need to be done. If either party wants it to be done then its done. But remember that PIC is responsible for terrain avoidance and its an instant fail if you not terrain safe by some method below MSA.

Hawker400
5th Mar 2018, 12:23
You may get to the IAF directly, or get to it through a more complex procedure such as a STAR