PDA

View Full Version : Australia's national Qantas, tells staff to call Australia's settlement an "Invasion"

Dee Vee
4th Mar 2018, 22:55
unbelievable, what is the airline, let a lone the country coming to?

h t t p : / / www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/qantas-staff-told-not-to-manterupt-women/news-story/a2d81bc0ae8e964ab5d557c2916c45ca

“Describing the arrival of Europeans* as a ‘settlement’ is a view of Australian history from the perspective of England rather than Australia,” the information pack sent to staff states. “Instead of settlement, try ‘colonisation’, ‘occupation’ or ‘invasion’.”

In a hilarious fact-box headed “Minimise manterruptions”, Qantas* advises: “Research shows that in many situations, including the workplace, men interrupt and speak over women, while the reverse rarely happens.”

tail wheel
4th Mar 2018, 23:40
The link is a pay site!!

Dee Vee
4th Mar 2018, 23:42
The link is a pay site!!

so sorry, I use the "Anti-Paywall" extension to bypass that.

stormfury
5th Mar 2018, 00:01
RACHEL BAXENDALE
The Australian 10:22AM March 5, 2018
Tony Abbott has described Qantas’s human resources management as the “corporate thought police” after the airline issued an information pack for staff, advising them to refrain from using “gender-inappropriate” words such as “guys”, “mankind” or “chairman”.

Qantas’s People and Culture group executive Lesley Grant sent the advice out as part of the airline’s “Spirit of Inclusion” month, the Daily Telegraph reports.

Employees were advised to be mindful of “manterruptions”, when men interrupt women, and stop using terms of endearment such as “honey”, “darling”, or “love”, because they “often offend”.

The HR document also makes a foray into Australian history, advising employees to recognise the “reality” that “Australia was not settled peacefully”.

“Describing the arrival of the Europeans as a ‘settlement’ is a view of Australian history from the perspective of England rather than Australia. Instead of settlement, try ‘colonisation’, ‘occupation’ or ‘invasion’,” employees are advised.

They are also warned against using terms such as “husband” and “wife” and “mum and dad”, “which can reinforce the idea that people are always in heterosexual relationships”.

Mr Abbott said the instructions were “political correctness that’s gone way over the top”.

“Frankly if companies like Qantas want to give their customers a better deal, they can scrap all these inclusion units, just scrap them, save the money because it’s just rubbish this idea that we need a corporate thought police,” he told 2GB.

“I mean really and truly it is a complete, absolute and utter waste of money.

“I’ve been on hundreds of Qantas flights over many, many years now. Qantas staff are very good people. They are decent, sensitive people, they’ve got to deal with just about every possible type of person, and they don’t need this kind of nonsense, they really don’t.

“It’s an insult to them, quite apart from a great waste of money, but I’m afraid these are the very weird and strange times in which we live.”

Mr Abbott said people should “calm down” over the use of terms of endearment such as “darling” or “love”.

“I think people can be incredibly precious about these things. I call a lot of people ‘mate’. Sometimes I might even say that to a girl.

“I just think we should just calm down about a lot of this,” he said.

“I think people have got themselves altogether too agitated and again, it’s a species of political correctness that’s gone way over the top.

“I think that different people have different verbal mannerisms as it were, and I think that we should be pretty easygoing about them”.

goodonyamate
5th Mar 2018, 00:48

itsnotthatbloodyhard
5th Mar 2018, 01:49
In a separate email on ‘Inclusion Week’ to staff, Lesley Grant says, “We want Qantas to be an environment where everyone feels comfortable to bring their whole selves to work.”

Well, Lesley, you third-rate scolding busybody, my ‘whole self’ is someone who calls my wife “my wife”, because she’s my wife, and I’ll continue to use such language as my upbringing, values and sense of courtesy dictate.

My whole self also likes to respond to this sort of corporate intrusion and overreach by saying “Get stuffed”. Thank you for encouraging me to bring my whole self to work.

Rated De
5th Mar 2018, 01:55
“I’ve been on hundreds of Qantas flights over many, many years now. Qantas staff are very good people. They are decent, sensitive people, they’ve got to deal with just about every possible type of person, and they don’t need this kind of nonsense, they really don’t.
Not everyday once is drawn to agree with Mr Abbott.
On reading the article it stuck us as though Qantas has simply lost its way.

Spurred on by 'his' battle against discrimination, Mr Joyce seemingly loves the hero myth a bit too much. Rather than simply letting staff know that they handle the most appalling of people incredibly well, instead more drivel. It lost its way a long time ago and this is more of the same; Has this really a place in an airline where customer service models are the driving force of the business ie: communication skills are necessary requisites for all front line staff, it is after all the value add of the service business?

Corporations had expiry dates for a reason, they exist for a purpose not the grounds for a fertile social experiment.

“The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline.” Qantas it could be argued lacks discipline in its strategy, there have been so many random walks from Red Q to JQ franchises, to 'terminal' then 'transformed' and now an apparent rotation back towards JQ.
The hierarchy at Qantas is impressive, several new levels of management for less fleet than a decade ago..

I often wonder whether the staff at Qantas actually 'feel safe' expressing any dissent to such nonsense?

zzuf
5th Mar 2018, 02:13
https://tinyurl.com/yc84hqh3

ciport
5th Mar 2018, 02:42
No Rated De, we don’t express any dissent, dissent results in re-education

Dark Knight
5th Mar 2018, 02:48
As an Indigenous person i.e. one who was born in AUSTRALIA of Australian persons I most strongly object to:
“Describing the arrival of Europeans* as a ‘settlement’ is a view of Australian history from the perspective of England rather than Australia,” the information pack sent to staff states. “Instead of settlement, try ‘colonisation’, ‘occupation’ or ‘invasion’.”

If `persons of nondescript personage' wish to go the`Invasion' route then our ancestors won!
To the victors go the spoils.
Get over it!

We are either a country of many divided
or
A Nation of One United.

These people need to remove their heads from their fundamental orifices as it is clear they are not clever enough to realise where they are looking, contrary to their beliefs, the sun does not shine there.

Ollie Onion
5th Mar 2018, 03:04
Don’t get upset about is, this is what the couscous eating wooly jumper brigade that is HR spends their day thinking about.

Rated De
5th Mar 2018, 03:09
“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Just when you think it hit peak stupid, along comes Mr Joyce and surprises us all!

Just run an airline, you know flying people,bags and freight expeditiously and safely from A to B..

AerialPerspective
5th Mar 2018, 03:20
I think people like Abbott need to take a chill pill... everybody thought it was weird to call unmarried or married women 'Ms' instead of 'Miss' or 'Mrs' 40 years ago, well, it sounds weird to hear someone called Miss now, like on a visit to an outback town in SA, the local Mayor was described to me as a 'good Mayoress'... I nearly fell over backward and wondered what century this town was living in.
Mr Abbott who described female candidates for the Liberal Party as having 'sex appeal' and who gave us the oh so contemporary (not) "What the women of Australia need to think about as they do the ironing". Not to mention describing himself as a 'suppository', a fellow Commonwealth country as 'Canadia' and referring to 'vaccinizing' people.
I agree the suggestion not to say 'guys' is a bit stupid, as it has clearly become a gender neutral word anyway but I don't see all of this as 'political correctness gone mad' as some do... seriously, people will use anything to trot out that expression these days and most would do well to look it up and see what it actually means. It's not what people think.

I think what is much more offensive is the use of vacuous management-speak weasel words like 'in the space', 'leaning in', 'going forward', 'the cohort' and so on.

As for colonisation - it WAS an invasion, that's what it's called when one group arrives and takes someone else's land or nation by force and without compensation. It amuses me that the same people that go on about political correctness insist on the non-use of certain words themselves - because it makes them feel uncomfortable to think the country was stolen (look up 'Terra Nullius'). The place may have turned out well on average for all including many Indigenous people but it was in fact invaded, setting up camp, shooting others and stealing is invasion - otherwise I suggest we start calling someone breaking into your house as 'a home settlement'.

AerialPerspective
5th Mar 2018, 03:23
In a separate email on ‘Inclusion Week’ to staff, Lesley Grant says, “We want Qantas to be an environment where everyone feels comfortable to bring their whole selves to work.”

Well, Lesley, you third-rate scolding busybody, my ‘whole self’ is someone who calls my wife “my wife”, because she’s my wife, and I’ll continue to use such language as my upbringing, values and sense of courtesy dictate.

My whole self also likes to respond to this sort of corporate intrusion and overreach by saying “Get stuffed”. Thank you for encouraging me to bring my whole self to work.
Of course, if you're that confident in your view then say it to her in person.

jetlikespeeds
5th Mar 2018, 03:27
And it was only today that I was agreeing with someone on another thread that the place has just become so focussed on micromanaging every cost whilst massive waste goes unnoticed. This is just another pile of crap that will go unchallenged and continues to place a further divide between what management thinks happens and what the staff actually make happen on a daily basis.

Bankstown Boy
5th Mar 2018, 03:29
I think the titles of this thread and the surrounding newspaper articles should read:

"Activist Airline challenges High Court and seeks to overturn Mabo"

I want them to stop using the tagline "Spirit of Australia" it has clearly become misleading and deceptive conduct with this mind bogglingly stupid announcement. Perhaps they could change it to "Stunt of Australia"

Falling Leaf
5th Mar 2018, 03:36
Qantas’s People and Culture group

Sounds like an arm of the Chinese Communist Party...

So glad I failed my psychometric testing with this organisation. The fact that I was a fast jet pilot in 2 different airforces obviously didn't qualify me for an interview...

Was reading in The Fighter Boys one veteran talking about the absence of psychometric testing in the pre war RAF. He made the observation that if there had been psychometric testing, they would have lost the Battle of Britain...

We now live in an age where ideology trumps competence. Recruiting for wholly female armies. Ring wearing. Banning of words and phrases. Quotas. Safe spaces. Maybe another war would blow off these latte fuelled distractions and concentrate everybody's minds again on what is important...in QF's case, flying aircraft.

Atlas Shrugged
5th Mar 2018, 03:37
Oh, FFS!

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: :ugh::ugh::ugh:

You have included 16 images in your message. You are limited to using 15 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again. ....corrected.....

mostlytossas
5th Mar 2018, 03:57
D Day was an invasion. Japan invaded the Malay peninsular. As did the Normans in 1066 against the poms. This is achieved by one apposing army challenging another with the winner taking control.
The first fleet was not an army be it that they had some soldiers as protection and to keep control of the convicts. They were essentially squatters. They came and helped themselves to the land. Yes there were some uprisings and in some areas there were not. Australia was not settled on Australia day. Only Sydney cove was. The rest of the country was settled over the next 100 years,bit by bit.
There was no Aboriginal nation, but a vast network of individual tribes all across the continent many who never knew many of the others existence.
Unfortunatley for the indigenous population this was always going to happen sooner or later as it did all around the globe. Imagine if it was the Japs that got here first.

AerialPerspective
5th Mar 2018, 03:59
Aerial Perspective, when the Aborigines walked across the land which currently is called Africa prior to plate tectonics making the Australian continent an island....did they invade,colonise or occupy?
If you want to talk history then don't confine the timeline to suit your bullsh1t argument.....and keep the politics out of it pumkin !
Excuse me... politics??? The article originally quoted was detailing the ever-present pontifications of one Anthony Abbott... so I didn't bring the 'politics' into it, the only mention of the Liberal Party was because the women he was speaking about were LNP candidates.

As for your completely erroneous question, no, because it seems by most evidence that there was no one here except Kangaroos and other wildlife when the Aborigines forebears came here so they weren't invading another culture's land or stealing it.

Like I said, if someone comes to your house, bangs down your door with a baseball bat and threatens you then rifles through your possessions is that an invasion or a 'settlement'???

AerialPerspective
5th Mar 2018, 04:01
D Day was an invasion. Japan invaded the Malay peninsular. As did the Normans in 1066 against the poms. This is achieved by one apposing army challenging another with the winner taking control.
The first fleet was not an army be it that they had some soldiers as protection and to keep control of the convicts. They were essentially squatters. They came and helped themselves to the land. Yes there were some uprisings and in some areas there were not. Australia was not settled on Australia day. Only Sydney cove was. The rest of the country was settled over the next 100 years,bit by bit.
There was no Aboriginal nation, but a vast network of individual tribes all across the continent many who never knew many of the others existence.
Unfortunatley for the indigenous population this was always going to happen sooner or later as it did all around the globe. Imagine if it was the Japs that got here first.
You had me thinking about the perspective you're taking in your argument until I hit 'Japs'... yes, it was probably going to happen eventually and it did happen gradually but that doesn't mean it wasn't an invasion.

clear to land
5th Mar 2018, 04:17
Whats wrong with Japs? My father fought the Japs in Burma. I have had the privilege to meet men who were prisoners of the Japs on the Burma Railway. They will always be Japs, just like we are Aussies, British are Pommies and Americans are Yanks. I don't hold todays Japs responsible for the past , just like I am not responsible for my ancestors actions.I have Jap friends who in casual conversation are referred to as such and they call me the Aussie. How can using that terminology change perspective? If it does then you need to get more strength in your perspective! I use the term Blackfella regularly-I grew up with them and am a 'blood brother' in a Yolgnu tribe. There was no Aboriginal nation to invade as stated it was a non-homogenous collection of nomadic tribes. Then there is the 'Right of Conquest'. Yes to the victor go the spoils!!! I am married to my Wife and my Mum is still alive. To think that an Airline can suggest to staff that they not use that terminology, or deny History is beyond my comprehension-the Plot is well and truly lost in todays Australia:ugh:

le Pingouin
5th Mar 2018, 04:39
fire wall, how else would you describe an organised large-scale campaign to possess territory that is already occupied without the consent of the existing inhabitantss? There was no treaty, no terms, no negotiation, no recompense, it was just forcefully taken.

What may or may not have happened 60,000 years or so ago doesn't change what the British did after 1788. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Small point, plate tectonics is a rather slow mode of transport. Australia existed as a separate continent well before humans evolved and was last connected to a common landmass with Africa around 150 million years ago.

Ascend Charlie
5th Mar 2018, 05:07
Aerial, your Perspective is on the side of the Guilt Industry, where us Aussies who have been here since the early 1800s are supposed to feel guilty for something done in the 1700s.

But Joyce says that we must feel guilty and call it an invasion, and call you Mzzz, and use huggy-fluffy terms that the bottom-feeders of HR dictate.

As stated above, abolish that whole department, and get back to being an airline.

jack11111
5th Mar 2018, 05:15
I call BS and Fake News.

AerialPerspective
5th Mar 2018, 05:20
Aerial, your Perspective is on the side of the Guilt Industry, where us Aussies who have been here since the early 1800s are supposed to feel guilty for something done in the 1700s.

But Joyce says that we must feel guilty and call it an invasion, and call you Mzzz, and use huggy-fluffy terms that the bottom-feeders of HR dictate.

As stated above, abolish that whole department, and get back to being an airline.

Never said people should feel guilty, they’re your words... and they are pretty common words coming from the priveliged who think things done in the past should not be put right because you think it’s trying to make people feel guilty. It’s a lame and vacuous argument that is quite obtuse.

No, we should not feel guilty for what was done from 1788 but as a decent, moral and just people and as a modern nation we should feel guilty that infant mortality and life expectancy in indigenous communities are well below average and more akin to a third world country than one of the richest in the world while we live as the descendants of the colonizers on the indigenous populations’ land that was taken without compensation.

Rated De
5th Mar 2018, 05:37
Not quite sure what any of this actually contributes to the safe carriage of people and freight in a hostile environment.

Not quite sure how it is incorporated into a valuation model either. Have never seen a model include this when calculating PE ratios, EPS or even fuel included CASK, the sort of stuff shareholders actually care about.

Feel free to continue the debate on invasions, colonisation, or settlements, the relevance of them to an airline makes as much sense as the highly paid flight attendant Lesley Grant's missive on how to not greet a married couple!

When you think peak stupid is reached, they invent a better idiot.

Wonder if Mr Joyce ghosted this novel too?

https://s14-eu5.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fimages-na.ssl-images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F41CCBADmBZL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200 _.jpg&sp=c1bc9c9b4c8b519314decb9a225e047d

OK4Wire
5th Mar 2018, 05:46
AP:

As for your completely erroneous question, no, because it seems by most evidence that there was no one here except Kangaroos and other wildlife when the Aborigines forebears came here so they weren't invading another culture's land or stealing it.

Well, that seems to suit your argument, doesn't it? Try some research on the Mungo People. According to my "most evidence", they were here before the aborigines arrived, and do not share DNA with them. I believe that would make the aboriginal arrival an "invasion" as well.

That is never discussed in polite company though, is it?

Oriana
5th Mar 2018, 06:05
Australians have a hard time facing their Black History.

Call it what you like, we all benefit from the disposession of Aboriginals from the lands they once inhabited - whether we took part in the actual bloodshed, or not - and it wouldn't kill us to acknowledge that.

Having said all that, this new Qantas 'initiative' is simply, ridiculous.:ugh:

blow.n.gasket
5th Mar 2018, 06:06
From an aboriginal elder , backed by anthropological evidence.

Spanner in the Marxist “invasion” narrative ?

Understanding the history of Aboriginal Australians, their origins and how their population changed over some 50,000-plus years has always been an enormous challenge.

Many Aboriginal people have their own origin stories. Gudjugudju, a Gimuy Yidinji Elder from the rainforest people around Cairns, says:

The story which has been passed down from generations tells of three migrations that have occurred over many thousands of years, one of us coming to this ancient land first, then another at a period after the last Ice age which saw the formation of the Great Barrier Reef, the other is of a migration out of Cairns that went back through the Cape into the Torres Strait to PNG and further.

le Pingouin
5th Mar 2018, 06:25
No spanner and facts aren't "Marxist" or otherwise. The British came, they saw and they took in a very deliberate, organised and forceful manner.

Comparing how Australia came to be populated in pre-history to what happened after 1788 is apples and oranges, entirely different processes. One was the planned and deliberate taking of a whole inhabited continent, the others were not.

Ken Borough
5th Mar 2018, 06:31
Qantas has existed for nigh on a hundred years. It has sucessfully served the Australian people and many beyond its shores in that time without this politically correct claptrap. WTF is happening to this great Australian icon? I am embarrassed.

Turnleft080
5th Mar 2018, 06:36
One small step for man one giant leap for mankind. OMG Neil what were thinking??
NASA should of sack him right there and then and left him on the moon.

ausworld
5th Mar 2018, 06:58
How about we get this forum back to aviation and not politics before the bureaucrats tell us that aviation and its huge family are called something else

Arnold E
5th Mar 2018, 07:01
It would seem the lunatics are firmly in control of the qantas asylum:ugh:

Rated De
5th Mar 2018, 07:08
https://s16-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Ft0.gstatic.com%2Fimages%3Fq%3Dtb n%3AANd9GcTvdj3oO0CCvoNg8GZ5P-vrnZK1uHH3zNA9ynIxe5_EsSlWavPt&sp=1b02e4f41d15b72fe746a4ab30714f33&anticache=377514

Posted without comment

Buckshot
5th Mar 2018, 07:10
Chairpersons Lounge?

swh
5th Mar 2018, 07:51
I think the titles of this thread and the surrounding newspaper articles should read:

"Activist Airline challenges High Court and seeks to overturn Mabo"

I want them to stop using the tagline "Spirit of Australia" it has clearly become misleading and deceptive conduct with this mind bogglingly stupid announcement. Perhaps they could change it to "Stunt of Australia"

Qantas - "Spirit of Australia"
Qantas - "Spirit of colonisation"
Qantas - "Spirit of occupation"

Qantas - "Spirit of invasion"

logansi
5th Mar 2018, 08:02
If only they were so progressive and respectful when it comes to dealings with Unions

Gearupandorrf
5th Mar 2018, 08:04
Wow, talk about an organisation that has a firm grasp on the non- essentials.

Imagine how profitable the business could be if they applied that energy to actually running an Airline!

V-Jet
5th Mar 2018, 08:17
Imagine how profitable the business could be if they applied that energy to actually running an Airline!

Not while they are running it, that's for sure....

I don't understand why they just don't add yet another manual to the list. QanSoc Newspeak. It would save them a LOT of time!

Newspeak is the language of the country of Oceania in the 1949 novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, by George Orwell. In the novel Oceania is a fictional totalitarian state ruled by the Party, who created the language to meet the ideological requirements of English Socialism (Ingsoc).[1] Newspeak is a controlled language, of restricted grammar and limited vocabulary, a linguistic design meant to limit the freedom of thought—personal identity, self-expression, free will—that ideologically threatens the régime of Big Brother and the Party, who thus criminalized such concepts as thoughtcrime, contradictions of Ingsoc orthodoxy.[

You can't make this stuff up.

PS: Thanks QF Angel 'Arthur D' for the suggestion. Reality Czech had a hand as well. I don't look forward to meeting either of you in a Ministry of Truth glass walled meeting room (Qf 'Campus') but I'm sure you won't hold that part against me! I can see ten fingers right now if you want....

alidad
5th Mar 2018, 08:44
Back in my day the sphincter was a one way valve; it seems times are a changin'...

:(

neville_nobody
5th Mar 2018, 08:47
SWH is onto it. If QF want to play the invasion card then Mabo becomes invalid.

Better set the wheels in motion to change NOTAM to NOTAP while we're at it.

cattletruck
5th Mar 2018, 09:04
Well, it is the modern western way of needing to play/be the victim.

Perhaps I could have been typing this in Japanese if not for the USA dropping a few big bombs where it really hurts. Are the Japanese thinking of revenge and dropping a few back in return? No, this is just how retarded Joyce and his cronies argument has become.

Alexander the Great invaded many more countries, and in the process of assimilation, those countries generally benefitted. Sure Australia has a bit of a bloody past, and we are not in denial of it, but for a growing number of people it's fuel for playing the victim to the sole benefit of the individual rather than the collective.

Back in my day the sphincter was a one way valve; it seems times are a changin'...

In the corporate world it's a tool mainly used for promotion.

Bankstown Boy
5th Mar 2018, 09:07
SWH is onto it. If QF want to play the invasion card then Mabo becomes invalid.

Correct, Mabo is wiped out, along with all the gains over the last 20 years.

Anybody who identifies as non-Australian, can hand back every last cent us invaders worked so hard to give them. Then we can have a reconciliation, everybody becomes Australians and everyone can contribute like 50% of us do now.

Typical grievance industry, their motto appears to be: ask not what you’ve already done for me, ask how much more I would like you to do (apologies to JFK).

I call myself a progressive, as in I am progressively becoming less tolerant of the corrupt and self-delusional nature of the left/grievance/PC/greenie BS we are subjected too all to often these days.

maggot
5th Mar 2018, 09:26
I smell a distraction

Arthur D
5th Mar 2018, 09:29
An absolute embarrassment!

One of the fears of the recent ‘vote no’ campaign was that a yes vote would lead to an encroachment on the rights of the non-LGBTI community. This nonsense supports that argument.

Sorry Qantas, my mum and dad as well as my wife are happy to be addressed as such, despite your leftist dribble.

I am am afraid that the Qantas CEO may be falling victim to a slightly leftist pinko version of the same messianic complex which killed off Jonny Howard.

Sorry to burst your ‘angel’ slight V, hang in there honey, you’ll figure it out love!

V-Jet
5th Mar 2018, 09:38
An absolute embarrassment!

Your previous posts to me, were, exactly that. All the hallmarks of a millennial Angel:) However, still appreciated your 1984 reference beyond any measure I could have expected! For that - you have my sincere thanks....

swh
5th Mar 2018, 09:39
Would love to know what the Qantas’s People and Culture group executive Lesley Grant refers “Virgin Australia” as perhaps, “Non invaded Invasion” ?

V-Jet
5th Mar 2018, 09:46
Would love to know what the Qantas’s People and Culture group executive Lesley Grant refers “Virgin Australia” as perhaps, “Non invaded Invasion” ?

I am SO tempted to post that to QF's Yammer stream..... LEGEND comment!!!

maggot
5th Mar 2018, 10:20
I am SO tempted to post that to QF's Yammer stream..... LEGEND comment!!!

Totally do it then tell me all about it as I don't know anyone that uses that ****

ciport
5th Mar 2018, 10:39
So I’m guessing we can’t say “ladies and Gentlemen” anymore on the PA in case we offend someone.

At ease
5th Mar 2018, 13:27
I have just been given another reason, or just reinforcing an earlier decision, NEVER to fly Qantas ever again, unless I have absolutely no other alternative.

I will go the extra mile, or pay the higher price to find an alternative if necessary.

What a great sadness is gradually overcoming Australia, the nation that my father happily volunteered to defend as WW2 was ramping up.

He most certainly wouldn't now if he had his time over again.

stormfury
5th Mar 2018, 14:14
I wonder when this ‘information pack’ will be presented to EK for use on codeshares?

Chris2303
5th Mar 2018, 14:25
Damn.

I used the word "Sir" at least 30 times on this shift!

Luggage
5th Mar 2018, 19:50
I certainly hope the Q employees give the Q thought police the middle finger as well as strike if necessary to stop the madness.

The nazi HR and leadership need to be removed and I hope all Australians start boycotting Q to teach them a lesson.

Australia is a firsrt world western nation with free speech which includes the right to offend, anything less and free speech is gone.

Time to drain the swamp at Q

V-Jet
5th Mar 2018, 19:53
Maggot,

Totally do it then tell me all about it as I don't know anyone that uses that ****

You've never been to the Campus then! If you've never been to applaud the Great Manpersonthingy on it's balcony over the Street when it appears in front of it's subjects, you are missing out!

goodonyamate
5th Mar 2018, 19:54
The easiest way to deal with this **** is to not talk to anyone. Ever.

It was mentioned last night on 7 news that ‘qantas has no plans to change the name of its elite chairman’s lounge’

Elite? Invitation only? Well that’s discrimination, just because I’m not a Crappy journo or someone Alan needs to manipulate, why shouldn’t I have access? Might try that next time.

Positive discrimination is OK apparently...

Rated De
5th Mar 2018, 21:21
You've never been to the Campus then! If you've never been to applaud the Great Manpersonthingy on it's balcony over the Street when it appears in front of it's subjects, you are missing out!

I picture a scene like this guy...

https://s14-eu5.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia% 2Fen%2F9%2F97%2FBenito_Mussolini_Roman_Salute.jpg&sp=c497f37115a74a2e8535b260cc9d2c3a

jetlikespeeds
5th Mar 2018, 21:38
Disgraceful. The people who I feel most sorry for are the regional passengers who’s massive fare prices pay for the salaries of these idiots. It’s almost to the point where I may start going to work in civies as not only are we embarrassed on a daily basis by our ‘costume’, but now we are lumbered with this ludicrous policy which is quite rightly being savaged on social media. It looks as though even the general public have cottoned on to the fact that our management has lost the plot and is not concentrating on why the business exists in the first place.

JPJP
5th Mar 2018, 21:53

:(

Mmmm. Indeed. Whilst we’re on the topic of “invasion” - The most recent one involves a balding, snaggle toothed Irish midget with a penchant for kiwi.

Alan invaded Australia. Amongst other things.

Madame Bandit
5th Mar 2018, 22:23
I picture a scene like this guy...

https://s14-eu5.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia% 2Fen%2F9%2F97%2FBenito_Mussolini_Roman_Salute.jpg&sp=c497f37115a74a2e8535b260cc9d2c3a
And just "coincidently", apparently he had quite a fetish for the "persons" that were born with natural dangly bits!

CurtainTwitcher
5th Mar 2018, 22:57
The easiest way to deal with this **** is to not talk to anyone. Ever.

This is precisely the intent, to get you to self-censor EVERYTHING, and thus to modify your own thinking leading to control of you, by you. ie the Thought Police. Language, or control of language is central to this aim.

If you haven't already read Orwell's 1984 (freely available for download HERE (https://web.archive.org/web/20180121084547/https://www.planetebook.com/ebooks/1984.pdf)). It's a relatively short, easy read, but the most potent of warnings given the horrors Orwell had witnessed in the 1930's with Soviet socialism (who he initially supported), the Fascists and the Spanish Civil war.

Reading 1984 can either be seen as a warning against, or an instruction manual on how to implement a totalitarian system. He anticipated almost everything that is the insanity of political correctness, in 1948 whilst dying of Tuberculosis.

1984, page 65. Apologies for the extended quote, but I think it is necessary.

‘How is the Dictionary getting on?’ said Winston, raising
his voice to overcome the noise.

‘Slowly,’ said Syme. ‘I’m on the adjectives. It’s fascinating.’
He had brightened up immediately at the mention of
Newspeak. He pushed his pannikin aside, took up his hunk
of bread in one delicate hand and his cheese in the other,
and leaned across the table so as to be able to speak without
shouting.

‘The Eleventh Edition is the definitive edition,’ he said.
‘We’re getting the language into its final shape—the shape
it’s going to have when nobody speaks anything else. When
we’ve finished with it, people like you will have to learn it
all over again. You think, I dare say, that our chief job is
inventing new words. But not a bit of it! We’re destroying
words—scores of them, hundreds of them, every day. We’re
cutting the language down to the bone. The Eleventh Edition
won’t contain a single word that will become obsolete
before the year 2050.’

He bit hungrily into his bread and swallowed a couple
of mouthfuls, then continued speaking, with a sort of pedant’s
passion. His thin dark face had become animated, his
eyes had lost their mocking expression and grown almost
dreamy.

‘It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words. Of course
the great wastage is in the verbs and adjectives, but there
are hundreds of nouns that can be got rid of as well. It isn’t
only the synonyms; there are also the antonyms. After all,
what justification is there for a word which is simply the
opposite of some other word? A word contains its opposite
in itself. Take ‘good’, for instance. If you have a word like
‘good’, what need is there for a word like ‘bad’? ‘Ungood’
will do just as well—better, because it’s an exact opposite,
which the other is not. Or again, if you want a stronger version
of ‘good’, what sense is there in having a whole string
of vague useless words like ‘excellent’ and ‘splendid’ and all
the rest of them? ‘Plusgood’ covers the meaning, or ‘doubleplusgood’
if you want something stronger still. Of course
we use those forms already. but in the final version of Newspeak
there’ll be nothing else. In the end the whole notion
of goodness and badness will be covered by only six words—
in reality, only one word. Don’t you see the beauty of that,
Winston? It was B.B.’s idea originally, of course,’ he added
as an afterthought.

A sort of vapid eagerness flitted across Winston’s face at
the mention of Big Brother. Nevertheless Syme immediately
detected a certain lack of enthusiasm.

‘You haven’t a real appreciation of Newspeak, Winston,’
he said almost sadly. ‘Even when you write it you’re still
thinking in Oldspeak. I’ve read some of those pieces that
you write in ‘The Times’ occasionally. They’re good enough,
but they’re translations. In your heart you’d prefer to stick
to Oldspeak, with all its vagueness and its useless shades of
meaning. You don’t grasp the beauty of the destruction of
words. Do you know that Newspeak is the only language in
the world whose vocabulary gets smaller every year?’
Winston did know that, of course. He smiled, sympathetically
he hoped, not trusting himself to speak. Syme bit
off another fragment of the dark-coloured bread, chewed it
briefly, and went on:

‘Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to
narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make
thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no
words in which to express it. Every concept that can ever
be needed, will be expressed by exactly one word, with its
meaning rigidly defined and all its subsidiary meanings
rubbed out and forgotten. Already, in the Eleventh Edition,
we’re not far from that point. But the process will still be
continuing long after you and I are dead. [B]Every year fewer
and fewer words, and the range of consciousness always a
little smaller. Even now, of course, there’s no reason or excuse
for committing thoughtcrime. It’s merely a question
of self-discipline, reality-control. But in the end there won’t
be any need even for that. The Revolution will be complete
when the language is perfect. Newspeak is Ingsoc and
Ingsoc is Newspeak,’ he added with a sort of mystical satisfaction.
‘Has it ever occurred to you, Winston, that by the
year 2050, at the very latest, not a single human being will
be alive who could understand such a conversation as we
are having now?’

If you have made it this far, he also wrote about the language of politics George Orwell Politics and the English Language (https://redactareacademica.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/george-orwell_-politics-and-the-english-language.pdf)

hoss58
6th Mar 2018, 00:01
I like being called Husband.

I like being call Dad.

My wife likes being referred to as my Wife.

My wife likes being called mum.

And while these words and their definitions remain in the Oxford dictionary then screw the QF HR numb nuts who came up with this sh1te, I'll keep using them till the cows come home.

And while i don't work for QF i hope the staff that this crap is aimed at give it the big flick pass.

Fly safe.

Play hard.

Cheers Hoss

Stationair8
6th Mar 2018, 00:52
Last time I looked on the ASX website they had Qantas listed as a transport company, I didn’t realise they had changed to a social engineering enterprise!

Got to love the political correctness brigade!

AerialPerspective
6th Mar 2018, 01:01
AP:

Well, that seems to suit your argument, doesn't it? Try some research on the Mungo People. According to my "most evidence", they were here before the aborigines arrived, and do not share DNA with them. I believe that would make the aboriginal arrival an "invasion" as well.

That is never discussed in polite company though, is it?
Not sure what your point is - I am aware of the Mungo people and my understanding is that they are evidence of the longstanding presence of Indigenous people in Australia - not a different group and even if they were, no comparison with the arrival of the British and their rape of Eastern Australia - ask yourself how much of the gold found in Victoria DIDN'T actually go the coffers in the UK... they didn't come here to do good, they came here to steal the land, the natural resources and they did it with the view that no-one other than themselves were 'entitled' and anyone who was here already was not even to be considered.

Big_T
6th Mar 2018, 02:44
We are all immigrants, including the first aborigines.
Would a Japanese occupational force be saying 'Sorry' for the stolen generation?!
Would the Torres Straight Islanders rather be a part of (broke) PNG or get the cash benefits of white Australia?!
Why do people think that they have the right to slam their sexual orientation in other peoples face?
Those of you who work for (or want to work for) Quntas should have a long look in the mirror.
Sad to say but Australia is sliding down the path of laziness. Lucky country no more.
And they wonder why so many Aussie pilots are going overseas...

neville_nobody
6th Mar 2018, 02:55
they came here to steal the land, the natural resources and they did it with the view that no-one other than themselves were 'entitled' and anyone who was here already was not even to be considered.

Really? How do you know that? Were you there during the decision making? The British were very concerned about the French coming and setting up a colony before and after they had settled some of the country, certainly doesn't look like they thought they were 'entitled' to it. More like use or lose it.

At the end of the day when all is said and done you only have what you fight for. Aboriginal Tribes were never going to fend off any colonisation whether it be the Dutch, French, British or Japenese if you want to wait another 150 years.

Ascend Charlie
6th Mar 2018, 03:50
The "indiginies" had no use for gold, silver, lead, zinc, coal, iron ore, or anything else the european migrants took out of the ground. Sure, it knocked over a few piles of eaten-out seashells, and probably disturbed some graves, but it didn't knock over any of the houses and magnificent buildings that the indiginies had constructed, or any schools, or racetracks, or roads.

Have a look at the billions being spent on the Guilt Industry, and then look at how many full-bloods there are. Once you start diluting the blood, the claim to "indiginiality" gets weaker and weaker. But anybody who wants to claim to being an indiginie must be treated as one, and the handouts begin. But not to the paler others, oh no.

But back to Quaintarse, the LGBTMFPDGW-1B groups must be laughing their little assets off at the way the 99% has to dance to the tune of the 1%.

Half Baked
6th Mar 2018, 04:21
Ascend,

The best post I've read here for ages. And based on facts as much as the PC elite would hate to admit it!👍

AerialPerspective
6th Mar 2018, 07:13
Really? How do you know that? Were you there during the decision making? The British were very concerned about the French coming and setting up a colony before and after they had settled some of the country, certainly doesn't look like they thought they were 'entitled' to it. More like use or lose it.

At the end of the day when all is said and done you only have what you fight for. Aboriginal Tribes were never going to fend off any colonisation whether it be the Dutch, French, British or Japenese if you want to wait another 150 years.

Oh wake the hell up, over 200 years of the British Empire and they forced their way into most of the world, China, India, South East Asia, Australia, North America, Africa, the Middle East and they raped every place they went to and were unceremoniously kicked out in the end. Yes, they came here concerned about the French or Dutch - exactly - they wanted their greasy thieving hands on it first.
Interesting isn’t it how they managed to dominate North America (not) when they tried the same subjugating tactics on the 13 colonies who were prepared to shoot back at them they got their a-ses caned.
If you think they came here to play nice with indigenous people and respect their culture and lands then I want some of what you’re smoking.

Captain Dart
6th Mar 2018, 08:46
You would really have something to virtue-signal and spout self-righteous claptrap about had the French, Spanish or Portuguese colonised Australia over two centuries ago. And, ‘The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there’ [L.P. Hartley].

A ratepayer-funded Aboriginal flag flies over my local council office (but they had to remove the invented ‘welcome to country’ sign, as they picked the wrong token tribe).

At least the British system eventually doubled their life span, and provided education, health care, land rights, ‘sit down’ money, even their own flag, and useful idiots, and taxpayers, to support the guilt industry.

Like my local shire council, QANTAS management are becoming a laughing-stock.

Rated De
6th Mar 2018, 08:48
One wonders whether this rubbish is handed out to their 'Alliance partners' EK for distribution to all staff in the UAE?

QANTAS management are becoming a national laughing-stock.

Once out of the myopic dominant home market position, Qantas has little presence or even consideration in the minds of other airline management. It has shrunk itself to irrelevance. Lacking in stature as an airline, their decisions have nonetheless bought amusement to airline executives world wide.

dodo whirlygig
6th Mar 2018, 09:02
they forced their way into most of the world, China, India, South East Asia, Australia, North America, Africa, the Middle East and they raped every place they went to and were unceremoniously kicked out in the endKicked out of Australia? - hmm, I need to think about that. The reality is that most of the places would have been better off had they remained. Too many colonised places, after independence (i.e. a chance for locals to loot and pillage the resources), have gone to rack and ruin - PNG, Zimbabwe, Solomons etc etc.

And how, pray tell, would things have been different (better) if the colonisers in the places you mention had been other than British? Your principles may be high but your argument is weak.

Compylot
6th Mar 2018, 12:57
Verbal purity is not social change...

bb744
6th Mar 2018, 20:20
When I first read it, I was a bit miffed. Then on reflection, I started laughing. Fort Fumble had cocked up again. The morons had released it 3 and a half weeks too early!!!!!!

Captain Dart
6th Mar 2018, 20:36
Hey, why don't they rename QANTAS as Gondwanaland Aerial Services, GAS.

That would remove the offensive words 'QUEENSland and Northern TERRITORY', acknowledge the megafauna (wiped out by you-know-who) and the acronym would be an appropriate description of the drivel being spouted by the airline's management.

Foxxster
6th Mar 2018, 21:38
If you think they came here to play nice with indigenous people and respect their culture and lands then I want some of what you’re smoking.

And what 'culture' would that be? Perhaps you are referring to this 'culture'?

From 1788, British and French arrivals were shocked at local misogyny. First Fleeter Watkin Tench noticed a young woman’s head “covered by contusions, and mangled by scars”. She also had a spear wound above the left knee caused by a man who dragged her from her home to rape her. Tench wrote, “They are in all respects treated with savage barbarity; condemned not only to carry the children, but all other burthens, they meet in return for submission only with blows, kicks and every other mark of brutality.”[18]

He also wrote, “When an Indian [sic] is provoked by a woman, he either spears her, or knocks her down on the spot; on this occasion he always strikes on the head, using indiscriminately a hatchet, a club, or any other weapon, which may chance to be in his hand.”

Marine Lt. William Collins wrote, “We have seen some of these unfortunate beings with more scars upon their shorn heads, cut in every direction, than could be well distinguished or counted.” [19]

Governor Phillip’s confidant, Bennelong, in 1790 had taken a woman to Port Jackson to kill her because her relatives were his enemies. He gave her two severe wounds on the head and one on the shoulder, saying this was his rightful vengeance.[20]

Phillip was appalled that an Eora woman within a few days of delivery had fresh wounds on her head, where her husband had beaten her with wood.

In 1802 an explorer in the Blue Mountains wrote how, for a trivial reason, an Aboriginal called Gogy “took his club and struck his wife’s head such a blow that she fell to the ground unconscious. After dinner…he got infuriated and again struck his wife on the head with his club, and left her on the ground nearly dying.”[21]

Or maybe this?

TRIBAL warfare and paybacks were endemic. In "Journey to Horseshoe Bend", anthropologist T.G.H. Strehlow described a black-on-black massacre in 1875 in the Finke River area of Central Australia, triggered by a perceived sacrilege:

"The warriors turned their murderous attention to the women and older children and either clubbed or speared them to death. Finally, according to the grim custom of warriors and avengers they broke the limbs of the infants, leaving them to die ‘natural deaths’. The final number of the dead could well have reached the high figure of 80 to 100 men, women and children."[26]

Capt Kremin
6th Mar 2018, 21:49
Jim Molan stated that if you think that was an invasion, you haven't seen a real invasion.

It was always going to happen.

Its worth noting that of the Imperial powers at the time, Britain was the only one to have abolished slavery. The rest of them, including the Maori, didn't get around to stopping the practice till the mid-1800's.

Future historians will view this time as part of a long transition of a people from the Iron Age, being brought to modernity. Some things will go right, others will not.

One thing is for certain. Living in a remote community where there are no jobs or an inclination to send your kids to school, is a sure-fire way to eventual extinction.

tail wheel
6th Mar 2018, 22:09
Hudson Fysh must be turning in his grave. :ouch:

Dexta
6th Mar 2018, 22:26
At least the British system eventually doubled their life span, and provided education, health care, land rights, ‘sit down’ money, even their own flag, and useful idiots, and taxpayers, to support the guilt industry.

Apart from Medicine, education, Health Care, land rights, money and flags, what have the British ever done for us!

tail wheel
6th Mar 2018, 23:08
Posted at the request of Dee Vee:

https://i.imgur.com/gF6AeOv.jpg

V-Jet
6th Mar 2018, 23:25
Hudson Fysh must be turning in his grave.

He's in Dural and cremated - probably as difficult for him to 'turn' (or did you mean in the 'gay' sense:) ) as this complete nonsense would be for him to comprehend. Same for the state of the rest of the company!

As an aside, as a founder of QF I would have suggested he was probably the last person I would have felt was entitled to do whatever he wanted with the company.

He died in 1974 leaving an estate of $95,000. Average house price in Sydney was then $28,000. Sir Hudson Fysh died with a net worth of 3.4 Sydney houses.

Average house price in Sydney today is $1.1m. Elaine therefore pocketed 22.7 average Sydney Houses in ONE YEAR!! That's aside from all the freebies he's getting - and QF would be paying for a LOT of his expenses in addition to this.

Where has Qf's money gone? Apart from an entire department to create utter mindless garbage that is the subject of this thread...

aussie1234
7th Mar 2018, 00:28
When booking a flight they ask for your title, the first four are Mr (good to see men are still in their rightful place of being listed first) Mrs, Miss and Ms, are we to be offended before even writing our name on a ticket because Qantas is categorising us from the start?

Plus, and probably more an aero club bar discussion, if you flew a charter to a conference of people born with male genitalia but identified as female and booked their tickets as such. Using standard passenger weights, the aircraft could easily be a couple of ton overweight if they use all female weights rather than male weights.

megan
7th Mar 2018, 00:35
The word invasion is freely used in discussing white settlement of the country, but a reading of the orders given Governor Phillips shows the intent.You are to endeavour by every possible means to open an Intercourse with the Natives and to conciliate their affections, enjoining all Our Subjects to live in amity and kindness with them. And if any of Our Subjects shall wantonly destroy them, or give them any unnecessary Interruption in the exercise of their several occupations. It is our Will and Pleasure that you do cause such offenders to be brought to punishment according to the degree of the Offence. You will endeavour to procure an account of the Numbers inhabiting the Neighbourhood of the intended settlement and report your opinion to one of our Secretaries of State in what manner Our Intercourse with these people may be turned to the advantage of this country.The only criticism to make I think is the belief that you can move into anothers piece of turf and not expect blowback.

A question to AJ, is the word "mate" still OK? I mean, it does have sexual connotations. I'm a husband, father, grandfather, and "Poppy" to the little ones. Shove it AJ.

73to91
7th Mar 2018, 01:33
Where has Qf's money gone?Consulting, outsourcing and bonuses perhaps, they shut down Customer Care, so a department goes and no doubt someone gets a bonus for reducing costs.

Reservations move to South Africa, when there's a flight change they send a text message advising the pax to call back, the wait time can be in excess of 3 hours and in the meantime some pax have left home to catch the flight that may have been canceled but that's OK, as reservations has 'attempted' to make contact with you.

What a joke, maybe senior management should be outsourced.

Chocks Away
7th Mar 2018, 02:45
“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G.Orwell
Just when you think it hit peak stupid, along comes Mr Joyce and surprises us all! Just run an airline, you know flying people,bags and freight expeditiously and safely from A to B..

Amen, Rated De. It's not much to ask for, is it?

MostlyTossas : D Day was an invasion. Japan invaded the Malay peninsular. As did the Normans in 1066 against the poms. This is achieved by one apposing army challenging another with the winner taking control.

... if the Bombing of Darwin & attempted invasion in June 1942 succeeded :D:D...or Dutch; French or Portugese who were already in the area in the late 1700's too.
I was going to reply along your lines but you say it well. That's what pisses me off about the latte-sipping city slickers trend of using the Yanks label of "First Nation" here for the Aboriginals. There never was "a Nation". It's very hard to discuss any history with the millennials or latter generations as many never learnt it in the first place or they had a re-written socialist "alternative" view pushed in front of them in school/Uni.
QF... you've overstepped yet again and solidify why I & many others haven't flown with you for decades and never will.

Rated De
7th Mar 2018, 03:13
https://s16-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Famindfullife.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F07%2Fobama-distracted.jpg&sp=6ec77027127123180b173711eba95158

With the most fuel inefficient fleet flying the Pacific and JQ again being re-equipped despite its substantially younger fleet age, Mr Joyce sighed a breath of relief for along came Lesley, everyone's favourite 'culture' leader!

neville_nobody
7th Mar 2018, 04:42
Oh wake the hell up, over 200 years of the British Empire and they forced their way into most of the world, China, India, South East Asia, Australia, North America, Africa, the Middle East and they raped every place they went to and were unceremoniously kicked out in the end.

And how has it played out since they left most of those places?? Who do you think your average Hong Kong native wants to be ruled by given the choice? How well has Zimbabwe and South Africa gone? How the corruption going in India? Happy you're not a white farmer in Africa right now? Or airline pilot for that matter!!

You can say alot about the Brits but in terms of their colonies on whole they did more good than harm. Rule of law. Right to a fair trial. Freedom of movement, freedom of speech. And believe it or not they were actually reasonably successful in their recidivism rates.

Bash them if you want but when look you at the alternatives available with the benefit of hindsight personally I think they did a pretty damn good job all things considered.

Foxxster
7th Mar 2018, 05:01
It is not only Lesley at Qantas that is introducing this crap. It is being driven by the Diversity Council of Australia headed by David Morrison. He was Chief of Army and in his latter years took up the lgb etc cause with vigor. Which led him to being named Australian of the year (shows this award is utterly meaningless). His main contribution to the army as far as I can see is allowing the rainbow flag to be combined with the rising sun badge. All this virtue signalling did however nicely set him up for his current gig.

Lesley and indeed David and the others that push this crap are of course idiots. They are useful idiots to the Marxist agenda and subversive, destructive idiots to those of us with a brain who can see this crap for what it is.

With regards to the timing of the Qantas announcement, and with a member of the lgb blah blah community as CEO, it is perplexing. After years of struggle the lgb... community finally got the legal right to marry and therefore become wives and husbands. Only a few months later and Qantas wants to remove that (the ability to actually be called husband or wife) from them because apparently some of them or is it those who identify as inanimate objects like fruit cakes, might be offended. You couldn't make this stuff up..

And we won't mention Qantas's real commitment to the lgb...community. The deal with Emirates says all we need to know. Perhaps Mr Joyce should re locate to the UAE and carry on his lifestyle there..

LeadSled
7th Mar 2018, 05:14
When booking a flight they ask for your title, the first four are Mr (good to see men are still in their rightful place of being listed first) Mrs, Miss and Ms, are we to be offended before even writing our name on a ticket because Qantas is categorising us from the start?Folks,
I really am surprised, I would have thought Qantas would have not been so far behind the times (but looking at the geriatric fleet, maybe I should have expected it) in not using the latest style guide ultimate collective Mx.
Mx covers the whole gender spectrum of 11/23/52** "genders" in this day and age (allegedly) of "gender fluidity".
My wife/partner/spouse/She who must be obeyed and I have both been receiving, collectively and individually, mail addressed to Mx. One is even addressed to Mx. and Mx. xxxxxx.
Ain't the influence of the LGBTIQUASSGF community a wondrous thing??
Tootle pip!!

** Depending on which Sydney university web site you look at, with the middle number close to recent Canadian government legislation.

cribble
7th Mar 2018, 07:15
Abbott could have added "..and delete People and Culture Group, to let managers manage...and the Whores of Christendom go back to doing what they do best."

edit to upper case "W"

red_dirt
7th Mar 2018, 07:55
Brought Peace?

And quite a number of things we consider normal in our life

V-Jet
7th Mar 2018, 08:18
Wednesday SYD time. QF crisis +3 days? I was told they like a good crisis - I'm missing the non gender specific Angels:(

QF pays enough for them for god's sake - where are they with such important matters as this to defend??

Street garbage
7th Mar 2018, 09:30
Wednesday SYD time. QF crisis +3 days? I was told they like a good crisis - I'm missing the non gender specific Angels:(

QF pays enough for them for god's sake - where are they with such important matters as this to defend??
Probably preparing the Friday Flyer to defend the indefensible.

Dairyground
7th Mar 2018, 16:31
Why don't all those who believe that Australia was invaded renounce their citizenship and attempt to return to wherever it was their ancestors came from?

Bankstown Boy
7th Mar 2018, 18:59
Why don't all those who believe that Australia was invaded renounce their citizenship and attempt to return to wherever it was their ancestors came from?

What! And take personal responsibility?

We are talking about left/green huggy-fluffy’s - they don’t ‘do’ personal responsibility. Someone else is always to blame and must pay them more.

Acrosport II
7th Mar 2018, 20:55
Why is Lesley Grant and her kin even earning a salary in Australia.

Such useless unproductive staff are a burden on Australian businesses and the Australian economy IMHO.

Go get yourself a 'real productive' job.

Too many useless, expensive and unproductive middle managers, or other pointless positions in companies now days.

tail wheel
7th Mar 2018, 21:59

Because in the majority of cases that option is not available. Any right to return to the original home of my forebears has long been extinguished by the number of generations to the present.

And many Australians were involuntarily dispatched from the Mother Country a couple of centuries ago with strict instructions never to return. If the descendants of these first white Australians were to return to the land of their forebears Australia would experience a massive shortage of politicians and other charlatans!! :}

Bankstown Boy
7th Mar 2018, 23:07
a massive shortage of politicians and other charlatans!!

Mmmm ... beginning to sound more tempting! Maybe I’m changing my mind (a little) if that is an expected outcome

Checklist Charlie
7th Mar 2018, 23:09
Australia would experience a massive shortage of politicians and other charlatans!!

Not to mention a high proportion of the trade union hierarchy.

CC

Oriana
8th Mar 2018, 00:00
What is great about Australia in 2018, is that our democracy is SO HEALTHY that anyone with a contrary or critical view of our society is told to 'leave'.:rolleyes:

C441
8th Mar 2018, 01:55
Why is Lesley Grant and his kin even earning a salary in Australia.
Acro did you miss the memo?

Please refrain from using the term "his". We don't use those gender specific terms anymore; especially the he's a she! :)

Dark Knight
8th Mar 2018, 05:16
C441: are you sure?

How did you or can you tell?

Did you ask? Tch, Tch; no we. you are not allowed to do this.

Dark Knight
8th Mar 2018, 05:35
Women want to Play with Men!

News - WOMEN WANT TO PLAY WITH MEN! - The Pickering Post (http://pickeringpost.com/story/women-want-to-play-with-men-/8095)

Chris2303
8th Mar 2018, 05:38
From memory she was a hostess at NAC - if it is the same person.

H81

Beer Baron
8th Mar 2018, 05:58
Apart from Medicine, education, Health Care, land rights, money and flags, what have the British ever done for us!
Don’t forget they kindly brought alcohol, incarceration, racial abuse and then stole their children.
So much to be thankful for.

IsDon
8th Mar 2018, 07:33
Don’t forget they kindly brought alcohol, incarceration, racial abuse and then stole their children.

“Stole”.

By that I guess you mean removed from squalor, educated, fed and protected. Some of those would later became lawyers and used the system that educated them to further the rights of their race.

Yep poor them.

Foxxster
8th Mar 2018, 07:33

Straight out of the Marxist playbook. Is that all you have. And I guess you think you are educated. Perhaps take a read of my earlier post to see exactly how the aboriginals behaved when white man arrived and for the previous 40 or whatever thousand years.

mostlytossas
8th Mar 2018, 08:39
Incarceration ! You lucky,lucky Ba#%*ds!
I dream of crucifixion er..... incarceration.

8th Mar 2018, 08:52
high proportion of the trade union hierarchy.
I wonder if they are here on 457 visas?

stormfury
8th Mar 2018, 11:33
From memory she was a hostess at NAC - if it is the same person.

H81

Yep

Kiwi heads Qantas jewel in the crown - NZ Herald (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11140599)

Beer Baron
8th Mar 2018, 12:03
“Stole”.

By that I guess you mean removed from squalor, educated, fed and protected. Some of those would later became lawyers and used the system that educated them to further the rights of their race.

Yep poor them.
So IsDon,
If a Chinese or Swiss or Finnish family came along and forcibly took your kids away without your consent to never see again because they are richer, better educated or have better health outcomes than your own family, you’d be cool with it???

Bulls#it

Acrosport II
8th Mar 2018, 21:10
Deleted....

8th Mar 2018, 23:02
forcibly took your kids away without your consent

What if they were being abused, underfed, neglected?

megan
8th Mar 2018, 23:10
forcibly took your kids away without your consentWhile we hear much of the "stolen generation" we make no mention of the fact that the removal of children at birth happened to unfortunate Caucasian lasses who found themselves pregnant and not married.you’d be cool with itBeer Baron, do you have an answer to the truancy rates, two year olds with STD, and the myriad other problems? See plenty of newborn and often think "poor fella you", not knowing what life they will have, but the odds of a good one are not great.

clark y
9th Mar 2018, 04:16
That would be the forced adoption policy that was around last century. It’s all OK though because the government apologised back in 2013.

IsDon
9th Mar 2018, 05:58
So IsDon,
If a Chinese or Swiss or Finnish family came along and forcibly took your kids away without your consent to never see again because they are richer, better educated or have better health outcomes than your own family, you’d be cool with it???

Bulls#it

If I was neglecting my children, beating them up, or worse then fine. If they have a better life.

Finnish, yeah got to be careful about them.

le Pingouin
9th Mar 2018, 06:59
And if they weren't neglected, beaten or worse? That would still be alright then would it? What about if that's where they ended up? In a place where they *were* neglected, beaten and worse? Would that be good too?

All of which is beside the point because none of that was actually a consideration.

clark y
9th Mar 2018, 10:00
I think the question to be asked of all this is what is the intention of it?
Equal rights, free advertising (any is good isn’t it?), payback for previous wrongs?

Think I’ll go and listen to some Joe Jackson. Real Men is a great song.

Jackson
9th Mar 2018, 22:28
What can one expect with an Erin Isle tail gunner running the show????

airdualbleedfault
10th Mar 2018, 04:59
My sister was "stolen" but that's ok because she was white, you bleeding heart idiot lefties really give me the :mad:

le Pingouin
10th Mar 2018, 06:43
As part of a systematic campaign? I don't think so. Different issue.

I'm glad we do. Someone has to provide balance to the redneck wonderland.

Tankengine
10th Mar 2018, 07:20
As part of a systematic campaign? I don't think so. Different issue.

I'm glad we do. Someone has to provide balance to the redneck wonderland.

Warren Mundine a redneck? He was interviewed yesterday on this type of issue!:hmm:

le Pingouin
10th Mar 2018, 07:31
No idea, but plenty on here are!

Foxxster
10th Mar 2018, 08:18
Ignore the marxist troll. When their ignorance and hypocrisy is exposed they resort to their usual 'defence' of name calling. You know the '...ist' or '..phobe'. Or just redneck because they are so much more intelligent. Even though they are nothing but brainwashed ignorant twits.

le Pingouin
10th Mar 2018, 08:34
Hmmm,I don't think adbf would like being called a Marxist troll...... Funny how "Marxist" is an "...ist" - must say plenty about your brainwashed ignorant twitishness.

galdian
10th Mar 2018, 08:35
Couple of years ago had the pleasure of seeing Warren Mundine and Michael Kroger on the Bolt Channel 10 show, sat and watched 3 guys talk about issues as bigger picture stuff, was impressed.

Week later saw a labor rep (Bruce Archer??) who was incapable of getting beyond a "we are the light on the hill" mantra crap, embarrasing.

Expect I'd disagree at times but would love to hear more from Warren as at least he realises there are issues for the future to be dealt with and can talk with intelligence and breadth instead of just bitching and moaning about the past or spouting political mantra crap.

Just proves there are good people out there to listen to and consider what they say - the fact they ARE out there must drive certain ideologies nuts, a satisfying thought all on its own!

Cheers. :ok:

Foxxster
10th Mar 2018, 08:52
Galdian. So very true. They (the Marxist morons) hate people like Mundine. He goes against the 'evil white man' / evil west mantra. And of course if you actually take measures that actually confront and solve the issue, then those making a nice easy living out of government grants but achieving nothing but lining their own pockets (ATSIC anyone) would be out of a job.

And of course the fact that Mundine is aboriginal himself makes it even worse as he is seen as a traitor to the cause AND the fact that he is aboriginal means the lefty Marxist morons can't throw their 'racist' tag at him. Yes people like him must send the lefty Marxists into apoplectic fits.

Old Fella
10th Mar 2018, 09:23
In 1989 Ex-pat journalist Peter Sherwood of the Sunday Morning Post in Hong Kong wrote an outstanding book entitled "Voices from the Swamp" which was a compilation of columns he had contributed between 1987-1989. One of those was an article called "New Zealanders have a name for it". If ever any of you can obtain a copy I commend it to you.
The book may have been read by QANTAS as it "tongue in cheek" suggests much of what this insane directive from QANTAS encompasses. Manholes become "road orifices", sheep become "itwools" etc etc. Political Correctness gone mad, sad but true.

red_dirt
10th Mar 2018, 10:32
Who would have thought that a pilots forum can turn into a pack of bush lawyers all claiming to be experts in aboriginality......oh yes and the stollen generation.

neville_nobody
10th Mar 2018, 11:13
Who would have thought that a pilots forum can turn into a pack of bush lawyers all claiming to be experts in aboriginality......oh yes and the stollen generation.

Probably because they have more experience with the realities of Aboriginal life than your average person living in the suburbs.

red_dirt
10th Mar 2018, 11:18
Probably because they have more experience with the realities of Aboriginal life than your average person living in the suburbs.

Somehow I doubt that.

Dark Knight
10th Mar 2018, 22:43
Somehow I doubt that.

However no facts or argument to back it up.

Many here have been travelling to and from Aboriginal areas for years, (tens of decades) transporting Aboriginals (including on their grog runs), visiting these areas, working with including their wives often nursing, teaching , caring for, administrating welfare for both black and whites, one could give much as examples.

Essentially, until the aboriginal people arise from their pigmentally challenged, heavily challenged derrieres taking responsibility for themselves, their welfare, well being and that of their kids, little will ever change.

red_dirt
11th Mar 2018, 00:26
However no facts or argument to back it up.

Many here have been travelling to and from Aboriginal areas for years, (tens of decades) transporting Aboriginals (including on their grog runs), visiting these areas, working with including their wives often nursing, teaching , caring for, administrating welfare for both black and whites, one could give much as examples.

Essentially, until the aboriginal people arise from their pigmentally challenged, heavily challenged derrieres taking responsibility for themselves, their welfare, well being and that of their kids, little will ever change.

Because this is not the forum for it and I KNEW the old I used to fly aboriginals around would come up 😂😂😂

In short you cannot compare communities or language groups, you may as well compare the culture of someone from America to North Korea, they are completely different and these blanket comments “I know aboriginals” are ALWAYS made from the ill informed

Dark Knight
11th Mar 2018, 01:51
The ignorance with an abysmal lack of substance of the reply is essentially astoundingly uneducated.

It is highly doubtful any discussion with anyone who has flown aboriginals around had ever taken place as had such discussions taken place, there would be at least some understanding, knowledge of the problems displayed or taking place daily.

It was not a matter of `I knew aboriginals' it is from, by Nurses, doctors, teachers, social workers, pilots, builders, bureaucrats, and many many others who have striven hard and long to assist these people (and white people) for decades.

The largest result has been minimal progress with the spending of tens of billions of our hard earned dollars for very little return or significant improvement in their lives.

Jacinta Price, Warring Mundine are at least two aboriginals leaders recognising the problem attempting to get prop[er discussion and solutions underway.

Contributing to this discussion will be far more effective based upon facts, figures and solution than some abstract far left techniques and claptrap purely designed to distract from solutions continuing to work to break down traditions and law.

hoss
11th Mar 2018, 05:06
Hi red_dirt,

I would have thought the pilot community to be over represented in this area and augurs well to comment.

I think my 6 years in the Kimberley places me in a good position. I think there are a heap of others sitting quietly on the sidelines and for good reasons.

Kind regards, hoss

blow.n.gasket
11th Mar 2018, 08:49
If by the time you are in your 20’s and haven’t toyed with Marxist Socialism you haven’t got a heart.
By the time you’ve established a career , raised a family , payed taxes ,etc if you believe in Marxist Socialism , you haven’t got a brain!

framer
11th Mar 2018, 09:51
If by the time you are in your 20’s and haven’t toyed with Marxist Socialism you haven’t got a heart.
By the time you’ve established a career , raised a family , payed taxes ,etc if you believe in Marxist Socialism , you haven’t got a brain!
Is that a quote or did you just make it up?
It is so accurate it’s not funny.

Pinky the pilot
11th Mar 2018, 10:30
Framer; I'm somewhat unsure, but I am led to believe that it was Winston Churchill who actually made a comment along those lines re Socialism.

I suspect that others on this site will have more accurate knowledge.

LeadSled
12th Mar 2018, 03:47
Is that a quote or did you just make it up?
It is so accurate it’s not funny.

Framer,
No, he/she/it (Note: I am trying to be gender agnostic) didn't make it up, just misquoted so as to almost obscure the simple meaning.
The source of the original is lost in the mists of history, but has been used by Churchill, Margret Thatcher, a number of Australian politicians and pundits.

The original (Churchill) version was: "If you are not a socialist at twenty, you have no heart, if you are still a socialist at forty, you have no brains".

Tootle pip!!

PS: An earlier version seems to go back as far as John Adams in the mid-1700s.

dr dre
12th Mar 2018, 04:21
And by the time you hit 60, you suddenly fall back in love with socialism again (Medicare, the PBS, pensions....)

Captain Dart
12th Mar 2018, 06:10
But you’ve paid for it. All that bloody tax through your working life. That’s capitalism to me: return on investment.

Pinky the pilot
12th Mar 2018, 09:20
Leadsled; Yes, and was it not Margaret Thatcher who said something along the lines of that ..

'Socialism is fine until you run out of other peoples money...'

Once again, may have been someone else's comment.

le Pingouin
12th Mar 2018, 12:08
Dart, you haven't paid for it - your taxes went to paying for your Mum and Dad to enjoy. Your kids are paying for you, which is why there's a bit of a problem building.

underfire
13th Mar 2018, 02:37
You think QANTAS has it wrong, look what the State of Washington did...

they tried real hard to get the 'man' and 'men' out of terms...they tried very hard to change the word women to womyn! No more penmanship (not that they are taught to write any longer)

Documents must refer to people living there as residents, not citizens, because they have so many undoc illegals.

On a side note, some that are still okay to use....
Airmen
Seaman
Man Hole
Conman
Family Man

No more Master Bedroom, now Main bedroom...yep and ALL official State documents have to be changed over time.

There's no good reason for keeping our legal terms anachronistic and with words that do not respect our current contemporary times,' Kohl-Welles, the 475-page bill's sponsor, told Reuters.

The state likely won't change the words 'airmen' and 'seaman,' for example, because of objections by the state's Washington Military Department, he said.

Civil engineering terms such as 'man hole' and 'man lock,' also will not be changed because no common-sense substitutes could easily be found, Thiessen said.

Nearly 3,500 Washington state code sections, out of a total of about 40,000 have been tediously scrubbed of gender bias, although most involve adding pronouns 'she' and 'her' to augment the existing 'he' and 'his,' Thiessen said.

Read more: Farewell to freshman - Washington State to remove 40,000 pieces of legislation of 'gender biased language'...but manhole survives | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2353938/Farewell-freshman--Washington-State-remove-40-000-pieces-legislation-gender-biased-language--manhole-survives.html#ixzz59anQM2P2)
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Looks like Abbot made sense for once!

Rated De
13th Mar 2018, 05:41

they tried real hard to get the 'man' and 'men' out of terms...they tried very hard to change the word women to womyn! No more penmanship (not that they are taught to write any longer)

Documents must refer to people living there as residents, not citizens, because they have so many undoc illegals.

Yep makes complete sense that an airline spend shareholder funds on this..

dr dre
13th Mar 2018, 07:15
look what the State of Washington did...they tried very hard to change the word women to womyn!

Not a shred of evidence from any source I can find that that was the case.

At ease
13th Mar 2018, 08:43

On a side note, some that are still okay to use....

Man Hole

<SNIP>

I am sure Alan Joyce still has a use for at least one of these.

cattletruck
13th Mar 2018, 09:37
Chinaman - now there's one word the huggy fluffs should get used to as they take over the place.

LeadSled
14th Mar 2018, 03:57
Manhole

Folks, one of the more loopy "substitutes" for the above that I have seem was:
Perxhole
I kid you not, this is a the "gender neutral" version of "perSONhole" with the "SON" removed from "person" replacing "man", all in the pursuit of the elimination of unconscious bias.
As I am sure you are, by now, aware, Mx, as in "Dear Mx LeadSled ---" is the preferred pre-nominal to cover all LBTIQUASSGF -- or any additional gender of choice that you want to be today.
So, there you go, wherever the unacceptable words "man" or "son" are found, just insert X.
I am certain the future of xkind dependes on it.
Tootle pip!!

clark y
14th Mar 2018, 04:09
What do I call that big hot thing that comes up every morning and sets every evening or is the spelling far enough removed? Same goes for the 7th day of the week. How far do we have to take this fecal matter?

Dee Vee
14th Mar 2018, 05:01
As I am sure you are, by now, aware, Mx, as in "Dear Mx LeadSled ---" is the preferred pre-nominal to cover all LBTIQUASSGF

What will Qantas do when people start returning their letters saying "Mx Fred Bloggs" does not live at this address, we only have Mr Fred Bloggs here..

I dread to think what we are going to see on tickets, or hear on the PA system, "Paging Mx Fred Bloggs, please report to the counter"

Sorry, You didn't call my name :)

megan
14th Mar 2018, 05:21
Not a shred of evidence from any source I can find that that was the case. He/she may be referring to this event

https://www.marchonwashingtonfilmfestival.org/programming/2018/1/22/wimmin-womin-womyn-our-time-is-now

Perhaps AJ can change the name "QANTAS" to "The Mad Hatter Airline", When I use a word it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less

Captain Dart
14th Mar 2018, 06:28
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean- neither more nor less.”

It could be worse: the non-aviator, expat British, Director of Flight Operations of Cathay Pacific quotes Chairman Mao at her pilots.

Checklist Charlie
14th Mar 2018, 07:02
So, let me see if I have this straight (don't know what the non-gender waffle for that is).

With regard to the deliveries to my residence and or place of business by Australia Post I will now see a perxperx delivering perx to my perx box.

I think I have that clear, do I?

Not only do people get paid to dream up this rubbish but even more worrying is they (may depending on gender) reproduce and also vote.

CC

Rated De
14th Mar 2018, 07:40
A core function of senior airline management is to shovel this drivel

qfcabin
15th Mar 2018, 01:56
And it was only today that I was agreeing with someone on another thread that the place has just become so focussed on micromanaging every cost whilst massive waste goes unnoticed. This is just another pile of crap that will go unchallenged and continues to place a further divide between what management thinks happens and what the staff actually make happen on a daily basis.

Couldn't agree more.

16th Mar 2018, 00:28
What do I call that big hot thing that comes up every morning

Cannot mention that because you will discriminate against 50% of Xkind.