PDA

View Full Version : Air Mauritius recruitment

emergencyexit
1st Mar 2018, 15:13
Good day,
Any idea how long it takes to change seats right to left at Air Mauritius?
Thanks!

Tick Hunter
6th Mar 2018, 05:31
Good Morning!

I got an offer to join the comming assessment for the A340 as Cpt.
Does anybody know the T&C?

Thank you in advance!

Ghost_Rider737
6th Mar 2018, 17:38
I was also thinking of applying as DEFO A340 or A320.

Not really sure since the ALPA plea sent out NOT to join MK.

Any expats care to elaborate ?

I have tried to get more info on T&C's at MK but there seems to be a reluctance on sharing info. Maybe the MK pilots don't want to share a well kept secret .....I have no idea.

MK34
6th Mar 2018, 23:23
No well kept secret, not good. Alpa is right, just look somewhere else not worth it. Just for info, this Friday March 9, 2018, PACIFIC MARCH FOR ...... , this captain has been sacked without any valid reason. His colleagues are trying to get him back in the company. More pilots have been sacked in the past, also no valid reasons. Many court cases against Air Mauritius still going on. Do you still want to apply ???? Here is the link since it is on Fb: https://www.facebook.com/events/156919894995787/

MK34
9th Mar 2018, 17:32
"""PACIFIC MARCH POSPONED
Dear all, we thank everyone for their huge response but we have just learnt through Patrick Hofman's legal adviser that Air Mauritius does not wish for a Pacific march to take place and prefers to find a solution acceptable to both parties. We have decided to postpone the event for a later date so as to give Air Mauritius the time to come up with a satisfactory solution.
We apologise for the late communication of the postponement.
Watch this space for the next scheduled event!!!"""

Ha ha, to give time to Air Mauritius to come up with a satisfactory solution. "Air Mauritius does not wish for a Pacific march to take place" They have to be kidding my Good Lord !!!! They just don't want more bad press. Guess they have more than enough already !!!. They have been sleeping on this and so many other issues fo soooo looong !!!! Goofys !!! Clowns !!!!

mumby50
9th Mar 2018, 22:23
Should we cry or laugh at Air Mauritius, I honestly this LAUGH.

flight287
17th Mar 2018, 11:01
Have an upcoming interview Air Mauritius
if anyone wants to share infos please let me know

emergencyexit
18th Mar 2018, 06:24
Ask them if you could be fired for one day of sick leave after 12+ years in the company and summoned same day by the government to leave the country like a criminal. I bet the interviewers will be looking at their feet...

MK34
23rd Mar 2018, 19:38
Some more good reasons to join Air Mauritius !!!

https://www.lexpress.mu/article/328524/aviation-frustration-generalisee-air-mauritius

OMG some more bad press.....To resume, since it is in French, nobody is happy, problems everywhere.

Welcome on board !!

MK34
26th Mar 2018, 22:12
Air Mauritius dictatorship in force:

https://www.lemauricien.com/article/mk-de-plus-en-plus-emba-lao-que-jamais/

Please join inn !!!

40 pilots needed !!!

Ghost_Rider737
4th Apr 2018, 14:41
https://defimedia.info/air-mauritius-recrute-25-pilotes

I assume 11000 USD for captains.
Do they need FOs as well

avia8or_guy
21st Apr 2018, 08:31
Have an upcoming interview Air Mauritius
if anyone wants to share infos please let me know
Hello Flight287.. Could you please share your flight experience details? I have applied back in January for DEC A330/340 CAPT but no call for interview. Do you have heavy time? Just would like to know what's competitive out there. Thanks!!

Airbus33
24th May 2018, 01:13
Have an interview with Air Mauritius any heads up

atakacs
24th May 2018, 21:40
Have an interview with Air Mauritius any heads up
run for the hills!

pineteam
25th May 2018, 08:09
Couple of friends did the screening recently and they all made it. It's much more relax than before. They are desperate for pilots.

Airbus33
25th May 2018, 10:04
Thank you . Anything about the written and the interview

Merovingio
19th Jul 2018, 11:03
SOme info please? Im thinking to apply por DEFO A330. Some help would be very thankful.
@pineteam (https://www.pprune.org/members/147428-pineteam)

Coastrider26
19th Jul 2018, 17:51
Amazing being a ****ty employer seems to be attracting more pilots than one would expect. Or just maybe attracts the Lowest quality of pilots. Who is to tell?

MK34
19th Jul 2018, 18:12
Here is a public answer from a PM, nothing to hide regarding MK:

Dear MK!

I 'm thinking to apply to air mauritius for A330 or a350 if possible. Do you have any feedback and conditions? Im 3500 total time with 350 type rated. Thank you!
Dear Merovingio,
Just read past posts, you will see that this is the worst outfit out there. Don't even consider applying.

Merovingio
19th Jul 2018, 18:31
Thank you all. Omg... I m going to check pilot jobs instead.

physicx
24th Sep 2018, 10:24
Hi... Just wondering how long it takes MK hr to contact you for an interview after you send them your documents? Follow ups go unanswered!!! Or does this typically mean that you haven't been shortlisted?

November Mike
25th Sep 2018, 19:38
Physicx, they DON'T respond! I've yet to receive so much as one acknowledgement to my numerous emails.......:mad: Follow the posts before yours and mine......don't set yourself up for failure!

MK34
26th Sep 2018, 17:56
Everything remains unanswered with Air Mauritius, even when you work for them !!!!

On Final
2nd Feb 2019, 04:58
Hello, Does anyone have any current information about recruitment with Air Mauritius? thanks .

flexto
14th Mar 2019, 12:04
Hi All !

I have been contacted 3 times (one time every month since Jan 19) to go to the assessment...
They are looking very hard for pilots, i think ...:rolleyes:
As they offered me a round trip ticket to MRU and an hotel, i will go to the assessment and have a look on what's going on there!
Of course after reading all your posts, i am a bit afraid and hesitating on what to do in case of positive feedback from the assessment :bored:
They have a very bad press regarding working conditions however when you look at the package they offer, it is quite the same as everywhere in Europe, except that the salary is much higher (+30%) :confused: :confused:
You all confirmed: not well treated? Life is hard for expats FO, no upgrade,... ??? Should we avoid to go there?
For info i'm an FO +5500hrs flying 330

FlyHome
14th Mar 2019, 18:06
Hello Guys,

I know it's all been covered a lot in previous posts, but I was hoping for an update on how things are now... If anything changed or shows signs of changing? Am trying to get a feel for Air Mauritius - in theory the conditions etc sound ok, just reading this forum and speaking with a colleague or two who have been there make it sound pretty sh*t!

I would be potentially be applying for DEC A319. Just some general questions -

​​​​Is it true you can't leave the island without permission?!
How are the rosters now? Completely random and subject to change a lot or getting any better? Is there this thing that they can change it with 48 hours notice? Does that happen often?
How many hours would you generally fly a year?
Pay wise what can you expect as a 319 captain?
What's the flying like? Colleagues, etc? Crazy training style?

Thank you for any answers.

xfr
4th Aug 2022, 11:57
Saw that they're recruiting for A330/350, any changes to the T&Cs since 2019?

pfvspnf
22nd Aug 2022, 23:09
When weather is bad they want co pilote to be pilot flying

ihatemorningflights
14th Dec 2023, 21:03
Hey guys!

Any info about salary for FO on A330/A350? They are hiring now and I would be interested. Any housing allowance. How is the airline doing generally in the last few years?

ihatemorningflights
5th Jan 2024, 17:58
Any update on current conditions and interview process? How is working for the company? How is life in Mauritius? Salary for FO?

captain.weird
20th Feb 2024, 11:16
Hi guys, Air Mauritius is hiring again FOs, even NTR ones now. How is it currently within Air Mauritius? Do they upgrade expats, how long it takes and how is it to fly for the airline?

ihatemorningflights
23rd Feb 2024, 07:27
I sent my application for DEFO/APR23 in December. They asked for some additional documents (references) few days after I sent them my application. Since no answer. I also sent application for DEFO/DEC23 at beginning of February. No reply at all. Anybody has the same application and heard anything from them?

aladin737
25th Feb 2024, 19:51
How is the life now over there? Any news regarding assessment? Is the salary paid in USD?

atakacs
27th Feb 2024, 15:50
All depends on your specifics but with a decent income life can be quite comfortable (but again really depends on what you want. If you are a party animal you might fall short).
I would think salary to be paid in MUR (unless they are really desperate).