PDA

View Full Version : Blessing of guns in Pennsylvania

rotornut
1st Mar 2018, 15:06
In pictures: US gun-blessing ceremony - BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43231638)

galaxy flyer
1st Mar 2018, 15:13
That’s Pennsylvania for ya!

GF

rotornut
1st Mar 2018, 15:27
Video: https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018/02/28/pennsylvania-worshippers-bring-their-ar-15s-to-church-prompting-school-to-cancel-classes.html

vapilot2004
1st Mar 2018, 19:29
Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, and Freedom to Kill. The American trifecta.

Lonewolf_50
1st Mar 2018, 20:52
I guess it takes all kinds. The wearing of ammo as a crown? WTF? Didn't see that one coming. (I wonder if these are the people in PA who Barak Obama cites as holding onto their guns and their god ? )
Where I go to church, people don't bring their guns with them.
PS: VAP, you made that third one up. It isn't in the Constitution, nor in the first amendment.

vapilot2004
1st Mar 2018, 23:44
For a great majority of our mass shooters and murderous wife abusers, they were able to purchase their deadly weapons and ammo of choice, for the mass shooters, in great quantities, and until the moment they pulled the trigger, they were completely within the law.

So yes, I consider our blind, unwavering adherence to the now arcane 2nd amendment as a freedom to kill and if you talk to survivor's families and friends of the fallen, I would bet you a box of high-grain, copper-tipped ammo, that a majority would agree with my characterization.

oldpax
1st Mar 2018, 23:55
If there was a referendum in the states to abolish the second amendment right now what would the outcome likely be?

Two's in
1st Mar 2018, 23:56
I got confused there - was the story about gun control or mental illness?

meadowrun
2nd Mar 2018, 00:05
Talk about one twisted amendment.

Think the founding fathers ever wanted to see this particular scenario in their country? Think that was what they meant?

galaxy flyer
2nd Mar 2018, 00:42
If there was a referendum in the states to abolish the second amendment right now what would the outcome likely be?

There’s no such thing, read Article V, please.

vapilot,

Please to explain where any American has the freedom to kill. I’ve looked everywhere—not in Constitution, not in my state’s Constitution (written by John Adams, no less), not in my town ordinance. Need help.

GF

megan
2nd Mar 2018, 00:45
For amendments one through ten only fourteen states voted aye. All other states inherited the amendments when they joined the Union.

Citizenship - Freedom to pursue “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness”. As a society based on individual freedom, it is the inherent right of all Americans to pursue “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” The United States is a land of opportunity. People are able to choose their own path in life based on personal goals and objectives. Americans can make their own decisions and pursue their own interests as long as it does not interfere with the rights of others.

Seems the pursuit of happiness ranks well below gun rights.

rotornut
2nd Mar 2018, 05:48
PressTV-How US became a state of civilians with firearms (http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/02/24/553500/gun-violence-US-Florida-Marjory-Stoneman-Douglas-High-School)

meadowrun
2nd Mar 2018, 05:58
http://twanzphobic.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/snake-eats-tail.jpg?w=640

cavortingcheetah
2nd Mar 2018, 06:07
One forgets that the often much maligned and well armed militia was intended to protect the fledgling Continental Congress and its supporters from the military might of the pernicious British who had tried to impose their rule, through military might, upon the colonialists.
We native Pennsylvanians, eternally suspicious of our former slave masters, have no hesitation in conducting war games where the villains are Redcoats and we require, as a matter of of common sense, that our armaments be both superior and more numerous.

meadowrun
2nd Mar 2018, 06:15
So, what's the National Guard for?

cavortingcheetah
2nd Mar 2018, 07:20
Crowd control.

Gault
2nd Mar 2018, 07:30
US gun-blessing ceremony - BBC News

Whilst this may seem an extreme example, don't understimate the huge amount of Americans just slightly less extreme, the basic perversion of God and Gun lust is widespread

meadowrun
2nd Mar 2018, 08:49
Roger That............Riot Control...........always with a delay.......after the police have given up.........in part because most everyone is armed out there, and often better armed.

PDR1
2nd Mar 2018, 15:44
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
So me jo & billie-bob can gun them down in cold blood for the shear sport of it"

PDR

TURIN
2nd Mar 2018, 16:01
And they took off Tom & Jerry because it was too violent and kids were cutting of the heads of canaries et

Tom & Jerry was taken off for other more subtle reasons.

Now the good guys for kids are The Incredibles, Batman, Superman, Spiderman etc.

Batman first appeared in Detective Comics #27 (1939).

Superman debuted in Action Comics #1 (cover-dated June 1938)

Spiderman first appeared in the anthology comic book Amazing Fantasy #15 (August 1962)

Hardly new?

Even The Incredibles is fourteen years old!

hiflymk3
2nd Mar 2018, 20:11
Freedom to pursue life. Tell that to the victims of massacres.

funfly
2nd Mar 2018, 20:16
Can anyone tell me if there is any other country in the world where citizens are legally allowed to own and carry guns?

Lonewolf_50
2nd Mar 2018, 20:17
Nice lie there, hiflymk3. You don't even know what the words are, do you? Go do your reading, lad, and get back to us.

I am also pretty sure that everyone who dies of cancer is also free to pursue life. Will you pass a law and give it to them? Please get back to us.

Looks to me like you do not understand the context of the phrasing of that infamous reference to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness refers to: dealing with politicians and governments, and in that particular case a (censored) inbred English King.

Here, let me get that for you: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

vapilot2004
2nd Mar 2018, 20:25
Speaking of our constitution and the arcane 2nd amendment, who can recall the last militia meeting they attended?

Knowledge of our complex history shows that our Constitution is neither inviolate nor static. Aside from certain recent chinks in the Bill of Rights armor, our constitution has been amended 27 times since first written, with the last, fully and finally ratified way back in the dusty past of...1992.

Lonewolf_50
2nd Mar 2018, 20:29
Speaking of our constitution and the arcane 2nd amendment, who can recall the last militia meeting they attended?

Knowledge of our complex history shows that our Constitution is neither inviolate nor static. Aside from certain recent chinks in the Bill of Rights armor, our constitution has been amended 27 times since first written, with the last, fully and finally ratified way back in the dusty past of...1992. If you actually understand the history of the document, you are doubtless aware that without the Bill of Rights, it's a dead letter.
(Amendments 1-10) We got taught that in civics class in high school, and I've read more in depth treatment of the process since them.

For all of you "it's just an amendment" foolishness spouters, I guess that to you the first amendment is "just an amendment" as well, eh?

(IIRC, one can technically argue that the militia still exists and consists of all males ages 19-60 or something like that, but I need to go back and check my notes on the NatDefActa ....) In the 20th century, for practical purposes it became the NG.

hiflymk3
2nd Mar 2018, 21:18
Nice lie there, hiflymk3. You don't even know what the words are, do you? Go do your reading, lad, and get back to us.

I am also pretty sure that everyone who dies of cancer is also free to pursue life. Will you pass a law and give it to them? Please get back to us.

Looks to me like you do not understand the context of the phrasing of that infamous reference to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness refers to: dealing with politicians and governments, and in that particular case a (censored) inbred English King.

Here, let me get that for you:

I take the quote you provided as I read it. "that they are endowed by their Creator" (whoever that is) "with Certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Well that seems pretty unambiguous to me, that everyone has a right to Life, yet nut jobs with guns can take that Right away. Do you support that?

As for your second line about cancer???

Bergerie1
3rd Mar 2018, 07:45
Perhaps this is what the American people really think.

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/npripsos-poll-majority-americans-support-policies-aimed-keep-guns-out-hands-dangerous-individuals