PDA

View Full Version : UK Documentary looking for former BA pilots

NaomiTitleRole
1st Mar 2018, 09:55
Hi members of PPRuNe,

I'm currently working on a documentary looking at British Airways and 100 years of passenger travel in the UK. We are still in the preliminary stages and there is no commitment at this stage but I would love to hear from former BA pilots, flight attendants, engineers etc. I'm particularly looking for people who worked for BA in the 50s/60s though I know this is a long shot! It should be a lovely documentary and I would love to hear any and all of your stories from any time period. My email is naomibridges (at) titlerole (dot) co (dot) uk so please do get in touch, it's a fast turnaround time as the programme is due to broadcast in the Summer.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email. I hope to hear from some of you soon!

Planemike
1st Mar 2018, 13:46
If they were working in the 1950s/60s they would be working for BOAC or BEA, predecessors of the second British Airways.

DaveReidUK
1st Mar 2018, 14:43
If they were working in the 1950s/60s they would be working for BOAC or BEA, predecessors of second British Airways.

Given that Title Role's other forays into aviation include "World's Wildest Flights" ("The Turner family recall how they nearly lost everything on a trip to Vegas when the landing gear failed on their flight from Gatwick"), I suspect that historical accuracy might not be Number One priority. :O

canberra97
2nd Mar 2018, 01:49
Hi members of PPRuNe,

I'm currently working on a documentary looking at British Airways and 100 years of passenger travel in the UK. We are still in the preliminary stages and there is no commitment at this stage but I would love to hear from former BA pilots, flight attendants, engineers etc. I'm particularly looking for people who worked for BA in the 50s/60s though I know this is a long shot! It should be a lovely documentary and I would love to hear any and all of your stories from any time period. My email is naomibridges (at) titlerole (dot) co (dot) uk so please do get in touch, it's a fast turnaround time as the programme is due to broadcast in the Summer.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email. I hope to hear from some of you soon!

Is that [email protected]

I don't think it's against the rules to add the full email address as shown.

I have two older friends who worked for BOAC during the 1950's and 1960's one was cabin crew and later promoted to Purser after joining the corporation in the 1950's and the other person who was a B707 pilot joining in the late 1960's so I will have a word with them both to see if they are interested as they are both very charismatic characters.

Alan Baker
2nd Mar 2018, 10:25
Hi members of PPRuNe,

Have a chat with Norman Tebbitt, the well known ex BOAC 707 First Officer!

NaomiTitleRole
2nd Mar 2018, 16:11
Thanks for the replies, yes you can get me at [email protected] and I would love to hear from anyone with a story to tell. I'll also try to track down Norman Tebbit and see if he is interested in speaking to me.

brakedwell
2nd Mar 2018, 22:01
Thanks for the replies, yes you can get me at [email protected] and I would love to hear from anyone with a story to tell. I'll also try to track down Norman Tebbit and see if he is interested in speaking to me.

Try reading his autobiography. Upwardly Mobile.