PDA

View Full Version : Aviation jobs relevant for becoming a pilot

Chris4
28th Feb 2018, 14:44
So I'm currently doing a PhD, however it is not in a research area that I'm interested in and it is in a bit of a dead end area (research wise). There is also an industrial sponsor involved who are a pain to deal. The sum of all the factors is that I'm going to leave the PhD (about 18 months into a 4 year program).

Personally I would be pretty happy doing any sort of job such as retail or general admin/clerical roles. Ideally I want to be a pilot, and thus I'm thinking about what job to move into to improve my chances at a selection process - I could see that moving from a PhD to a shop job might be looked at suspiciously.

I live in Leeds so there are lots of job opportunities at Jet2, many of them office based roles, plus of course cabin crew vacancies. I can see that experience as cabin crew might be more useful, but for Jet2 you have to pay a £700 training fee and are only offered a summer contract. I have also heard conflicting opinions about working for Jet2, some saying it is a very friendly place to work and others complaining of a bullying workplace culture..