PDA

View Full Version : GoAround requirements for CAT II

Anvaldra
28th Feb 2018, 11:46
Hello everybody!
We have a range of go-around speeds (1.23-1.41 Vs) for normal approach (CAT I and others). Is it applicable for CAT II?
The entries are the same but the approach type.
Is it software or flight limitation?

gearlever
28th Feb 2018, 12:31
One is AUTOLAND, one is manual.

Anvaldra
28th Feb 2018, 15:11
My fault but it doesn't matter, it increases OLD only

Flyer007
2nd Mar 2018, 13:29
You have different landing weights in your calculations as I can see ......

Anvaldra
2nd Mar 2018, 19:57
The landing weight is 61000 kg for both cases. The question is why the performance MLWs are different for same conditions and other entries

wiedehopf
2nd Mar 2018, 21:27
my only guess would be for some odd reason go-around gradient is calculated for an earlier go-around in one case because CATII means very low level go-around.

on the other hand it does not make sense because a bounced landing also means go-around.
so below 200ft or so you are committed to land :)

iceman50
4th Mar 2018, 15:09
Presumably because the GA, for the calculations not CAT2, assume a GA at DA for normal Cat 1 approach (presumably 200') and you would therefore make the 5% gradient for the GA.
In the CAT 2 case the GA from the CAT 2 DH (of presumably about 100' RA) the aircraft will not make the 5% GA gradient, so a lighter weight is required to make the 5%.

MarkerInbound
4th Mar 2018, 16:49
my only guess would be for some odd reason go-around gradient is calculated for an earlier go-around in one case because CATII means very low level go-around.

on the other hand it does not make sense because a bounced landing also means go-around.
so below 200ft or so you are committed to land :)

Missed approach numbers are based on the approach climb limit with an engine inop from the DH. Landing climb limit numbers are all engine from 50 feet. So you're committed to land from 50 feet;).

I still don't see where the OP gets the 5% grade.

wiedehopf
4th Mar 2018, 18:17
Missed approach numbers are based on the approach climb limit with an engine inop from the DH. Landing climb limit numbers are all engine from 50 feet. So you're committed to land from 50 feet;).

I still don't see where the OP gets the 5% grade.

it's only for high waves around incheon ;)

(and thanks for a qualified answer i just guessed because no one else answered)

iceman50
5th Mar 2018, 02:43
So you're committed to land from 50 feet;). Committed??? You are never committed!

Presumably the 5% will be from the approach chart for the GA.

Anvaldra
5th Mar 2018, 05:35
Presumably because the GA, for the calculations not CAT2, assume a GA at DA for normal Cat 1 approach (presumably 200') and you would therefore make the 5% gradient for the GA.
In the CAT 2 case the GA from the CAT 2 DH (of presumably about 100' RA) the aircraft will not make the 5% GA gradient, so a lighter weight is required to make the 5%.

If such reasoning is followed, the CAT III operation would restrict our LW till unacceptable value.
FlySmart doesn't have an option to insert CAT III, so i don't think if the manufacturer wouldn't take it into consideration

MarkerInbound
5th Mar 2018, 19:35
The approach plate has a 4% to 3000 requirement but the MSA in the quadrant the miss takes you to is only 2300.