PDA

View Full Version : B738 simultaneous eng fire and failure afrer TO

ogorek
28th Feb 2018, 04:47
Hey, do you know any manuals based course of action in this case? (ENG1 fire + ENG2 failure after V1)

Icelanta
28th Feb 2018, 05:20
Yes,
Fire that idiot of a TRE.

The only thing you can do is to immediately start your circuit, keep the flaps, DO NOT TOUCH the engine that is on fire. PM tries to start failed engine if it is just a seizure.
Forget the checklists And QRH items. Fly the aircraft.

Very unrealistic scenario. Why not add some windshear and airspeed unreliable 🙄

Ex Cargo Clown
28th Feb 2018, 05:48
Too easy, add in a meteorite strike as well to add a bit of realism ;)

Pugilistic Animus
28th Feb 2018, 05:52
To a circling NDB approach :}

ogorek
28th Feb 2018, 06:59
As long as he is still there you need to deal with this kind of sessions. I just wanted to be sure that there is no procedure/advisory information etc on that

macdo
28th Feb 2018, 07:01
If you really want to wow your over enthusiastic TRE, do a a rapid teardrop turn and land back on the reciprocal runway! Do check your tailwind limits to avoid a debrief item!

To be fair, if they are doing this as a Black Swan event, fair enough, as it does make you think outside the SOP box. But, judging by the OP's question, they sound as though this might be initial training, where it would be less helpful.

flyboyike
28th Feb 2018, 16:12
To a circling NDB approach :}

Using 2 NDBs and a DME from a remote navaid.

Capot
17th Mar 2018, 19:58
Using 2 NDBs and a DME from a remote navaid.Pah! Easy. Make it a VDF approach.

I've still got my AirtourVDF Instructor Mk 1, a little circular protractor with two reciprocal scales and a rotating centre which plotted the outbound and inbound courses, after you passed the overhead.

Max Angle
17th Mar 2018, 22:09
Its quite a good failure to use on the Airbus to demonstrate the limitations of the ECAM which prioritises the fire over the failure, if you dive straight in and follow the checklist you end up shutting down the only engine producing thrust and it all gets a bit quiet.